I made a really cute pillow! It is made from the softest velveteen fabrics that you can imagine. I used my embroidery machine to make the shamrock on the sheep and the pillow, and then I appliqued the sheep to the pillow, in addition to the other embellishment. I did some fancy stitching with my Pfaff 4.0 Expression. Boy, do I love that quilting machine! The body of the sheep is a bit raised to give the illusion of real fur, and I found a fabric that was perfect for that. I hope that you can see how the body of the sheep is upraised a bit! It is just too cute! I love sheep, so I had to do this one!
Then, a friend Marguerite sent me The Teen Now Magazine, which the camera could not catch without a terrible glare, so I will have to just tell you about it...It is a magazine that she sent me because
it was a special Twilight issue. I have read it from cover to cover, and loved it. It is looking like Rob and Kritin , who played Edward and Bella might be getting married. How neat is that! She also gave me a fat quarter and some charms.....All just because....Thanks so much! It meant the world to me!
Finally, the rest of my supplies arrived from Crafty Alley in Kerry,
Ireland. I now have all the supplies to complete the journal...Yeah!
I got two packages of chipboards, a tin of flowers and other embellishments, two sheets of shiny black 12x12 paper, a bottle of Distress Ink, a large Archival Ink stamp pad in black, which is great when stamping over a background that you created from Ranger Inks, several packages of tags and other items that can then be inked and stamped, and finally some Gel Medium, which is great for putting magazine pics or any pics onto a journal background, as it will make the pics look like they are a part of the page, instead of how it looks when it is just glued on. It is really amazing! So, I am set now.

I will be finished the journal in the next week and will continue to post the pages that I make.
I ordered the supplies for the circle quilt today. I got the Quilts and More Magazine from the Fat Quarter Shop, which has the pattern in it, and then some lovely black and white fabrics, pink and white fabrics, and basic fairy frost white to complete the quilt. Wait till you see the fabric!
I also ordered some crochet books from Amazon UK. I will start the quilt when I finish the journal and get the supplies.
Well, that is it for today....really a lot of wonderful news, and hopefully, your day went well too!
28 comments:
You´re busy working and being spoiled! lol. Aren´t you exausted of so much fun?
What a cute pillow - I love the sweet sheep :o)
I love that sweet little pillow and the shamrock is waaaay too cute!
You have your work cut out for you now with all of those supplies.
Looks like you have been very busy with your twilight journal! Your postie must be working overtime.
Good you're enjoying it so much.
Yes, I can see the raised bit on the sheep! The softness of the pillow comes across in the enlarged photo. Wonderful! I love your special touches.
That Quilts and More has some really good projects in it.
That is just the cutest sheep! Did you create the pattern in additiong to adding the shamrock? Looks like you're back to being your busy self. I'm so glad.
You busy little bee! That pillow is delightful, the sheep looks pleasantly "fat"
That pillow is ADORABLE!!!
Your journal looks like fun to make and to read. Cute sheep pillow for you cottage - Hugs Nat
I notice you have pretty music on your blog... I'm from NL... the N.A. equivalent to Ireland!
Have you ever listened to the Irish Descendants, Shannyganock, Celtic Connection, Fergus O'Byrne, or any of our local talent? I bet you'd like them... and if you enjoy a great laugh... search for some Buddy Wasisname and the Other Fellers... they'll literally make you pee in your pants!
I love your pillow! sooo cute!
Gorgeous sheep pillow. Lucky you are in Ireland if you like sheep. There are one or two there.
Micki, Cute sheep pillow-I love the dimensional elements and he just looks so soft and cuddly. Enjoy using all your new supplies!
That pillow is adorable...totally love it. Glad you got your supplies and that magazine looks interesting.
Your sheep pillow is so cute, and it looks so snuggly!
KATRIN W.
Adorable pillow!
I've been thinking about doing a circle quilt with the leftovers from my Drunkard's Path...once its cool enough to go into my sewing room! :)
That's one cute sheep! Nice work Micki. What a fabulous haul of goodies. Have fun! Ann :-)
So many fun projects. You sure keep busy.
I am working on my first Pfaff machine and loving it!
The sheep is just too adorable. It is amazing what you can do with your embroidery machine. That circle quilt looks like fun. So nice to have a new project to look forward to.
The sheep is so cute! I had fun looking over all your supplies. I just may go dig out some paint myself and make some backgrounds!!
Beautiful pillow! Love the cute sheep. All those supplies will keep you busy for a while, enjoy!
Wow! You have been really buzy. Your machine sounds really nice. The pillow is really adorable and it looks comfy too. I hope you have a great weekend ♥
Awww Micki I'm TOTALLY in love with your sheep pillow, right down to the little shamrock he's holding :o). It's just darling!!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Cute pillow! And lots of fun stuff/photos today! :)
How cute is that sheep! Love the pillow! So glad to hear you got your supplies - and I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt from Quilts & More!
I heart sheep. Cute pillow.
Cute pillow. From your description of the work done, I can feel its softness
hugs
Gina
Oh! If you like to crochet, too, check out rsislandcrafts (her blog is listed in my blogroll). She has some cute patterns! I don't crochet... but am tempted to try her "witches hug" scarf :o)
Post a Comment