Sunday, July 25, 2010

Page 3 of Twilght Journal


Today is a quiet Sunday for Joe and me. I completed Page 3 of the journal. I decided to draw a graphic style picture of Bella and Edward ,which you can see at the bottom of the page. I used a black sketching pencil and left it like that to give it that graphic novel look.
Tim's Lost and Found Paper is out of this world. All the movie tickets you see come from his paper pack. I just cut them out seperately and formed a layout of them. I am really enjoying using the Distress inks and glossy accents to make everything look older.For all of you Jacob fans, you will like seeing the famous kiss between Jacob and Bella.
We are off to take a walk and to feed carrots to CoCo. Still cool here, but really when we are walking as we do each day, it is so much nicer to have the cooler weather.
Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, Micki! You are doing such a wonderful job!!!

M. Regina said...

Hello Micki, very beautiful job. hugs from Brazil

Denise :) said...

Team Edward! LOL! It's coming along wonderfully, Micki! :)

Maria said...

You are doing a lot of gorgeous work on your journal Micki. It looks great.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Micki Sweetie...
I hope you and Joe have enjoyed your walk this morning. I so wish we had some of that coolness. I would trade you for the desert heat that we have here in Phoenix. It is blazing hot for sure.

I love this page. Your drawing is exquisite. You my dear, are a woman of many talents. I can't believe how gorgeous that sketch is. I love the addition of the wolf on this page too. Outstanding.

Thank you for sharing sweet friend. Stay warm. Enjoy your Sunday.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Reading the Twilight series is my guilty pleasure, but you are taking it to whole other height! Fun!

Pat said...

Your pages look very nice. I'm not familiar at all with the Twilight series, though, so I probably don't appreciate it as much as the gals who do know the series. Is your leg doing better now after the donkey incident?

Stephanie Hughes said...

Micki, Your talent is showing. I love the paper art. It draws you in and takes you over. I know this because I have done many scrap books, but not to this caliber. I love them. Steph

Zlaty said...

Your love for the characters shows in your work! I love the work you are doing and I wish i could see it in person!

Needled Mom said...

It is really looking great, Micki. Hope the knee is good enough for the walk.

Chris H said...

Is the journal for you?

webbsway said...

O Micki!
O, I LOVE, LOVE, Love your handiwork! Gosh, gosh, gosh - your talent is really shining through! AGAIN! Do you think it is legal for one gal to have soooo much talent???? :)

I too, hope your leg is alright. I wondered if you and Joe got sore after your adventure??? I thought of you the other day when DH had to go to the hospital for a bone scan. I was admiring this place because it is so beautiful with monster windows and I noticed they had a beautiful pond out back with paths leading away in different directions. I asked hubby IF I could walk out there and follow a patch would it lead to the front where our vehicle was parked. He said yes, but it was a long walk. BOY was he right ! But by the time I figured out how long -it was just shorter to keep on plugging along -then climbed a hill to save some time! I was sooo pooped by the time we reached the car. The next morning when I got out of bed - I wondered WHAT IN THE WORLD HAD RUN OVER ME????????????????????? LOL

Carrie said...

It's fun to see each page and how creative you are. How lucky to take daily walks in such a pretty place.

Anne Sans Tete said...

Beautiful work!! I just read the saga this week, & I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see more of your progress!

- Lisa N.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Micki!! I'm doing a little catching up here, but this is coming out BEAUTIFUL!!! Gosh, I love this story so much it's hard to choose favorite characters/"teams"!! I love all of them! It's funny though, I just recently heard someone say they were "Team Charley"!!! LOVED that! Then yesterday, I saw the cutest poster of Taylor L(Jacob).. Oh, if I was 16 again, I would have bought one for every wall and the ceiling! Can't wait for the next movie, Breaking Dawn!.. But NOW I can't wait for Harry Potter in November too! I tell you (0; this excitement is just too much for me! ~tina