Deborah, whom I swapped a siggy with, asked me to swap magazines with her. I thought what a cool idea that is, so she sent me American Patchwork and Quilting, and I sent her theIrish Quilting Magazine, which is an awesome magazine published in Wicklow County. I get Patchwork and Quilting but the UK version sent to me each month, including the Irish Quilting Magazine and Quilt Life( Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims), but looking at the American version of Patchwork and Quilting was so neat. Deborah also sent me a
small Americana panel, so I decided to make a mini pillow from it. Both sides are the Americana theme, so that was nice too.It is now sitting on top of the Stanley in our living room, and anything American is always welcome in our wee cottage. Thanks for a great swap Deborah!! I never did that before, and loved the whole idea.
As to how I am feeling, I am much better, and I am back to blogging and seeing what everyone is up to. Next week, I will be getting all of the journal supplies , so I will be able to start the Twilight journal, and I am looking forward to that and trying all of Tim Holtz's techniques, including using my new Cinch machine to bind the journal.
Here it is a bit of a fall day in the summertime, and boy was it windy out there, but we took two long walks today, and I enjoyed them both.
Here it is a bit of a fall day in the summertime, and boy was it windy out there, but we took two long walks today, and I enjoyed them both.
Happy July 4th to everyone who is celebrating!
33 comments:
What a nice thing to do, exchange magazines. I never thought of that. What fun. Love your pillows.
Okay, I have to ask "What is a Stanley?"
Gene,
A Stanley is a solid fuel cooker and heater...It heats the water, keeps the room warm and you can cook on it...It is very typical in a cottage in Ireland, and it is normally the focal point of the living room.
Micki
What a fun thing to do....
Glad you are enjoying the weather, even the wind.
What a fun swap ... and thanks for clearing up the "stanley" thing lol, I wondered what it was too. How about a piccy?? :o)
Hugs,
Joy :o)
MICKI DEAR! You are such a dear, dear friend! Thank you for coming by on this Fourth of July weekend start up....how is everything out there in beautiful Ireland? What a fabulous pillow....enjoy the weekend dear! Anita
LOVE that little pillow you made! Fun idea to exchange the magazines, too.
what a wonderful swap, great idea.
I will be looking forward to seeing some of your creations then...
It's really good news to hear you're feeling well enough to resume your long walks with Joe.
Love the Americana pillow. I've not participated in a swap yet (I avoid deadlines) but it looks fun!
Hi Micki, I love your pillows, lucky you. And for taking 2 walks in one day.....I take my hat off to you. I'm not very fond of walking, I know it is good for you but....hmmmm...give me a push bike any day. Love that!! lol Have a great weekend and nice to hear you feel better now. Kind regards, Anita.
What a nice idea to exchange magazines. Cute pillows!
I love the pillows you made. Thanks for swapping with me, I can't wait to see the Irish quilting magazine! I sent some quilt blocks to the Global Change Quilt project you mention on your blog and thanks again for sharing that info.
Thank you for your Happy 4th of July wish!
Cooooooooool new blog look! ,-)
Did you see any pics of Kristen Stewart on her promo trip around the world, to talk about 'Eclipse'? She was smokin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved her fashion.
And loved that she took off the 5" heels, as soon as she could.
And loved that she and Rob were obviously a couple, by nice body language. When they were doing promo, together. They were not disgusting looking, in a romantic way, no! But they walked with his arm around her, in a protective way. And she was right next to him, with her arm around his back, and smiling. I am sooooooooooo happppy for them!!!!
Nope, not seen 'Eclipse' yet. I am making a tiny, tiny complaint statement to Summit, for replacing Rachel, as 'Victoria' in this film. Grrrrrr... I'll not add my one little movie ticket to Summit's first weekend revenue!!! Big deal I know. Not. lol.
Happy 4th of July to you and Joe. So happy your feeling so much better.I always enjoy your blog and visits. YOur swap was so sweet and I like your pillow. Have a great day my friend. HUgs, Marie
What a lovely idea swapping books, and the cushion is very cute.
What is a Stanley???
The pillows are so cute! Very Americana. I'm so glad you are better!
Happy 4th July Micki. Hope you are well rested. I like the idea of exchanging quilt magazines. I would like to do that with you sometimes.
Hugs
Nat
I had no idea you had been do sick. That's what happens when you neglect blogging as I have done. I am hoping you are feeling much better by now and how amazing you are hearing so many sounds with your new hearing aids! You must be loving it! Have a beautiful Sunday, I hope you get to hear the birds sing again!
Great idea! :)
So glad I found your lovely blog.... XO
You do such fun things- Micki. Your pillow looks lovely. I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel better.
Today I got the summer decor put up in the house and cleaned out one shelf of stuff- Gone are the bunnies and in their place are some sunflowers and other floral things.
It is always fun to read magazines from different parts of the world. One of my favorite one comes from Australia- the Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine. For about 5 years I had a subscription to it. I still go back and look at those issues.
Have a lovely week.
Regards,
Anna
I love the pillow and what a great idea to exchange magazines too!
Hello my dear Micki, so glad to read that you are better and better with your health, yes finally I'm free, and owner of my time, well really have a nice plans, but first during the summer to take care and satisfied our guests, making a nice presents to them, that they can returned home satisfied and said nice words about us. And from autumn to spring a nice other things, very nice to meet evry months a person of the month. Have a nice time, I'll come back. WIth Love Loredana.
Hi Micki Sweetie...
I had to pop over and say hi. See how you are doing? I am thrilled that you are feeling better too.
We have both had a time of it. I have thought of you during my lockdown of 2 1/2 months. It has been miserable. I do back this coming Friday and the doc will make a decision about when I can be released back into the world. Yeah!!! It had better be this week. I am tired of counting tiles and watching reruns on TLC. I have seen about everything there is to see on that channel.
What is the weather like there for you guys now? Here it has been HOT, HOTTER and HOTTER even yet. Yesterday we had 116 degrees in the shade on the patio. I imagine you could fry an egg. Maybe I will have the grandkids give that a try later today. Something to keep them busy. I'll let you know how that goes.
Hope you have a beautiful day sweet friend. I am trying really hard to get up and get blogging again. I have missed you dear friend.
Country hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry
Miki, I am so happy that you are feeling much better. I enjoy reading your lovely blog. What I would not do for a bit of cold weather here in south Texas. Keep your spirits up and your body will soon follow. Hugs.
Blissfully Stitching,
Bobbie
Be careful Micki, American P&Q can be quite addictive. Glad to learn that you are feeling better. Ann :-)
Hi Micki,
Hope you are feeling much better now.
I have a friend in the UK and we swap Teddy Bear magazines, it works out well and we gte to read something different.
Hugs
Lois
So very glad to hear that you're on the mend! Cute pillow.
That a great idea, love the pillows hope you had a Great 4th of July
Hugs Janice
I'm glad to see you still celebrate USA holidays. It is hard to take the girl out of America without keeping the spirit I think.
So glad you are doing better, Micki. That was a neat idea to exchange things ... love the flag fabric.
Trade you weather ... we are 102 in Maryland today & it has been a terrible 3 weeks of heat wave, with a mere slight respite in between. Love those Irish breezes.
Have a beautiful day, my friend.
TTFN~ Hugs, Marydon
Micki it is a delight to take the time and read up on your blog! I am glad that you are feeling better - keep it up! TTYL
Those cushion panels are just delightful- especially great for you to remind you of your other home! I love seeing other country's quilt magazines too, so I can imagine how much you enjoyed the swap!
I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend again and out walking- though how you managed to stay upright in the wind we had over the weekend is another story- I hope Joe wasn't having to hold you by the ankle as you blew around like a kite??
Great idea!
I´d thought my poor English was responsible for totally ignoring what a Stanley is all about... but I see other people have just learned it too!
I´ve been away for a long time and just now realize you´re back to routine. Welcome back!
Post a Comment