I was able to complete the Twilight cover even though I am still waiting for some supplies from Crafty Alley including the grunge paper for the inserts of the journal.

By the way, Tim Holtz is coming out with a wonderful new Sizzix machine called the Vagabond. I will be getting it, as he is coming out with incredible die cuts and embossing folders that I will have to also buy. Here is a pic of the machine. I will preorder it from the Uk and have to put a deposit on it. As you can see it looks like a vintage suitcase. It is all electric, so no more cranking, as I do with the Cuttlebug. I will still use my Cuttlebug when I use all their folders, but all of Tim Holtz's larger die cuts and embossing folders will be used with this gem of a machine. Can you tell that I love Tim Holtz ?Once your get his stuff, it is like potato chips, you just have to get more and more.
I used Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper. I did a lot of stamping as you can see. The tag behind the pic of Edward and Bella hugging in a tight embrace is all stamped,in addition some other areas of the cover. I used three of his Distressed Inks to give it all a grunged look, and his blending tool to get the inks perfectly blended on the paper. The inks were: Distress Ink, Old Paper, Barn Door, and Chipped Sapphire.Boy, am I glad that I got a good heat resistant craft sheet to put on my table, as it d
oes get pretty messy, but boy is it fun!
oes get pretty messy, but boy is it fun!If you can see at the bottom right hand corner, I used his products called Fragments , which are fragments of glass. You fussy cut any pic, etc from the paper and glue it to the fragment. You then cut it out and glue it to the project, which gives it some nice dimension. I used some lace and other embellishments.
After I made the flower, I used Tim's Sepia Glossy Accent which gives it a great shine and dimension. It really makes it pop and gives it a three dimensional look. Tim's paper was wonderful, as the flowered paper on the left was like a watercolour effect, and the whole look that I wanted to achieve was a collage effect, so easy with Tim's products. Joe took a pic with the camera, but it was hard to catch it perfectly, but you at least will get the idea.
I did emboss the clock and other items using my Cuttlebug, but making it all look old and grungy was the most fun.
The cover is 12x12,as will the rest of the journal be that size, so there is a lot of work on each page that I will have to do.The pics from the Movie, Eclipse came from the Eclipse Movie Companion Book, and of course I picked some romantic pics with Edward and Bella.
It was so much fun making the cover, and I really liked the way it turned out. Of course, using Tim Holtz products always makes it so much easier.

By the way, Tim Holtz is coming out with a wonderful new Sizzix machine called the Vagabond. I will be getting it, as he is coming out with incredible die cuts and embossing folders that I will have to also buy. Here is a pic of the machine. I will preorder it from the Uk and have to put a deposit on it. As you can see it looks like a vintage suitcase. It is all electric, so no more cranking, as I do with the Cuttlebug. I will still use my Cuttlebug when I use all their folders, but all of Tim Holtz's larger die cuts and embossing folders will be used with this gem of a machine. Can you tell that I love Tim Holtz ?Once your get his stuff, it is like potato chips, you just have to get more and more.Have a great Saturday! It is a cool and cloudyday here , but Donegal is still beautiful and magical, as Ireland always is.
9 comments:
It looks like you're having a ton of fun!
What fun! My cousin, who lives in New Orleans, told me he'd heard that some of the 4th movie will be shot in New Orleans. That's only a (relatively) short train ride from me ... I wonder if they'll need extras?!?! :)
You've done a wonderful job of your journal Micki. So much work and detail.
Tim Holz should hire you to do PR! You are a great advert for his products.
You sure are busy and like Jackie said having alot of fun!!
Just checking in, Micki, because my internet has been sporadic at best.
Your animal farm/vet day sounded positively dreadful!!!!! Hope you are on the road to recovery by now.
I will pop over and read your interview. Congratulations.
You've been one busy gal, Micki! Sounds like you are doing much better, at least I hope so.
What a great cover! And I agree with Gene!
I agree with Tim Holtz. I watch a lot of his YouTube videos. You can see them all, all the turorials there. I love what you did with this piece and it is great you are trying to do new things as you go to learn about them. Steph
Post a Comment