I worked on the baby quilt today, and took a break from my honeymoon journal, and I got the top done. I used a jelly roll for this project that I had from the Fat Quarter Shop. I wanted it to be colorful, as I thought that it would perk up the parents' spirits, and you never know, the baby might notice all the various colours.LOL I didn't iron it so excuse me for that...I was too pooped after also taking a walk with Joe. Anyways, I am on a roll with finishing my goals for the Charming Girls Quit Club, so that is good.
This week, I will be ordering the yellow flannel fabric that I will use for the backing and binding.It will match one of the fabrics on the front, which the camera did not catch, but it is a pretty yellow. I am getting the fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop, so I know that Kimberly will have it back to me in lickety split, so I can finish it next week. Just have to put the layers together, quilt it and bind it. I also have to order the background fabric for the circle quilt so I can start that one after I finish the baby quilt.
Off to crochet an afghan square for the quilt that I am making while I watch tv. I am ready for a night of relaxing. Enjoy your Fridays!
15 comments:
That baby quilt is very pretty, and how fast you got done with it, I guess I have to make one some day!
KATRIN W.
You are working fast, love the quilt...the baby will love it, as well as the parents.
Wow that was fast! The parents will love it. (So will the baby.) Good job.
Well, how pretty. Pouring your love into each stitch is probably what wore you out and you just thought it was that walk???? :)
Very cute and also colorful, which babies always love!
So bright and pretty! And it's said that bright colors stimulate a baby's brain!
That is a very cute quilt Micki!! Nice job.
Gorgeous - love it!
Hugs - Lurline♥
That baby quilt is lovely and I'm enjoying seeing your work on the Honeymoon Journal. Thanks for sharing it Micki.
Very nice i like this
Hugs Janice
Love how your baby quilt came out, Micki! I think the colors are beautiful! They say bright colors are stimulating to a baby's developing mind.. and that a baby can develop a favorite color(s) at as early as 4 months old! So isn't it extra nice that this beautiful quilt is doing more than just keeping baby warm?! I think so!... Have a great weekend! ((hugs)) ~tina
Very nice quilt, happy you have been feeling up to stitching.
you too your weekend, after so nice and cool work. Loredana.
Nicely done, Micki! I love colorful gifts for babies, don't you?
I love the quilt top! You know I love bright colors. That pattern looks easy yet it is interesting too.
Years ago, I used to crochet a lot while watching TV. My mom still has an afghan I made in the 70's.
Post a Comment