of the journal and that is what you are seeing in the pic. That is me standing on the balcony of a place that we were renting on the island of Santorini in the town of Ia. What a romantic place that was! I put lace on the left and also attached a wee envelope which I inked with Tim Holtz Distress ink in addition to some wedding tags and a heart hanging from one of the tags. I used pink flowers which are my favorite, and voila Page One.
Joe will be on Page Two of the journal, so when you open it up you will see the both of us. We really don't have a lot of pics with us together, so that is the way I will handle that one. LOL
Greece is a magical place. As I said, I loved Santorini the best and thought it so romantic. We would have breakfast in the morning, which was eggs, toast, and grilled tomatoes, and then we would head off for the day on a tour that we arranged, and then later in the afternoon I took a swim, which is why I wore my swimsuit most of the time during the day with a sarong. Then, we would have dinner, and make sure we made it to Ia for the sunset. We would walk the beautiful cobblestone streets, and marvel at the white buildings with the blue roofs and of course the sea. Then later in the evening, we would have a cup of coffee with our favorite cheesecake and watch the sea and hold hands.
Oh, some people have asked me about our wedding...The story is a bit long, so I will shorten it. We eloped and got married in Philadelphia by a Justice of the Peace, and then we had a romantic Chinese dinner in a restaurant overlooking the Delaware River. The family were all giving us a hassle about one thing or another, so when Joe asked me what I wanted to do, I said that I would elope if we could, so that is what we did. We did have a symbolic ceremony for my family and friends, and then another one in Dublin for Joe's family, so theoretically, we were married three times. That was back in 1997, and we are blessed to be soulmates and best friends.The photo is of the two of us at the wedding in Dublin....The pic is from a wedding scrapbook album that I made in Ireland once I settled down.( By the way, I noticed that I put1999 on the page...I will have to fix that.LOL)
Hope you enjoyed it all!
18 comments:
I love your romantic journal Micki!
Your loves shows through the pages!!!
I hope your knee is doing better!
How romantic to elope. So when you marry again next year it will be for the fourth time?
I am sure your journal will be beautiful when you are finished.
It's a good thing you 2 are best friends and soul mates because 3 weddings would be a lot to undo!
Greg and I eloped too. The year after you and Joe. I'm so glad we decided to not do the big wedding. After all, it's the marriage that is most important, not the wedding itself.
what a wonderful idea.
joanx
Totally enjoyed it...
Very special, Micki. :)
Very special, Micki. :)
it's looking like a labour of love for sure.
Fun! You make Greece sound very inviting, especially on this cold and grey day. Glad you are feeling better!
Great idea for a journal. This will certainly be a treasure when you finish it. Fun to hear about your eloping and being married 3 times. Nola
That's very romantic! Thank you for sharing your photos of happiness with us. I think you have smiling eyes.^^
How neat that you eloped! What a fun start!
What a lovely journal. I cry when dig out pictures so I don't scrapbook much but I love the idea of a romantic journal. I need to get over the tears thing! I love pictures!! I love the story that goes with it too. You two are so romantic it sounds like.
Thanks for sharing your journal with us. Loredana.
Thank you for telling us about your wedding. Hooooooray for you! They were giving you hassles and so you eloped! Yesssssss!
Oh how I'd love to visit the island of Santorini. Have only seen it, on television. Oh wow!!! A Greek Isle. Especially that one!
And I'm so happy that you ordered "The Hollow" books! Hope you like the first one, as much as I did! One never knows if someone else will.... But I'm very glad that people seem interested in these books. Jessica actually WROTE them. As in spiral note books. Does anyone do that, anymore? :-)
Hi Micki!
How exciting the journal is that you are working on! It just makes me tingle with expectations!
Plus, how wonderful that you are feeling a little better . That is so wonderful to now be able to see your "glass half full - instead of half empty!" :)
How romantic a begining you and Joe have had and it still continues.. good luck for the future.
Glad that you are healing well, you are doing well with your walking.
Great journal.. looks great.
Hugs
Lois
I love your scrap book. DH and I got married in 1996. Not our first. Carline
Post a Comment