It is now morning, and I am sitting in my lounge chair with my leg up on a stool, as I can't bend it with the brace on. I will have to wear this till the ligament heals, which may take up to 6 months from the time of the fall. It has been two months so far, so I have a while to go. I will of course take it off for the therapy.
I am glad that I can still take my walk in the morning with Joe, as I do have to get out, but I will be walking at snail's pace. I will have to see if Joe can fit the stool under the machine table so I can sew with my left leg up...we shall see about that, and if he can manage that. I can't go food shopping with Joe on the bus, as it would be impossible to keep my leg straight on the bus with the brace, so I am upset about that.It is hard for him to do it all on his own.
Anyways, that sort of changed my plans for last night...I am trying to keep my spirits up...I really am, but all these kinds of events don't help. Well, I will see about the sewing, Joe can bring me my supplies for scrapbooking to my chair, I guess, and thank God for crocheting.I can also do my watercolours.
That is the latest news....Joe has to go to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, so when he gets up this morning, we will have to see if I can handle walking the dogs, so I can take them out once at around noon till he comes home...If the dogs pull me with the brace on, that won't be funny. (Oh...No point in suggesting that a neighbor take them out...LOL... Rufus, who is our border collie, would eat them up alive. After his extreme abuse, he is terrible with people....Need I say more?) He is a sweetheart to us, and he knows something is wrong with me, so he is not in good shape either.
Sorry that I was whining so....I will be back to my positive self next post....I will just have to psyche myself up for that. I am beginning to think the luck of the Irish in me has totally run out. I am seriously considering a lucky charm. LOL
Thanks for listening....I got it out of my system, so onward.
23 comments:
You are not whining Micki,you are sharing! And you know that there are a lot of friends out there who are thinking of you and supporting you. I am sorry I cannot come and befriend your dog to do walkies! But I am thinking of you from my house in the UK and sending wishes for speedy recovery on the wind!
I hope that your feeling a bit better i know the recovery will be long & slow but hope that it will be less painful
Hugs Janice
Oh dear how awful for you. Hope you are able to keep yourself occupied so you won't think about your pain. I hope you will get better soon. And here I am thinking about my own little muscle pain!!
Oh Micki Poor you. I'm sending you Reiki and hope your ligaments are soon healed. Keep your chin up my friend.
Oh Micki, you really aren't having a good year are you, sending good thoughts for you, take care of yourself and heal well..
Lizzie
xxx
It isn't whining it is frustration! It took me several months to feel better after the surgery last year and a year to be back to myself! I agree, I was able to knit, crochet and play games from my bed/chair.Thank goodness for that!
Set backs are frustrating but try to look forward, it will get better with the physical therapy. I just hate being slowed down with the house and not being able to care for my dog at the time. My DH and DS really had to step it up a few notches. Be Well!
Oh Micki I am so sorry your stupid leg locked up again. You are so brave still going for your walk even though it is slowly. Good to get out.best you don't take the dogs on your own.
Thinking of you.
I hoping that you're feeling much better today! Funny how our pets know when something is off.
Oh Micki,
I was thinking you were finally about back up to par.
Here is hoping and praying that you don't ahve a major set back with this
I'm so sorry you had this setback. :( As for the dogs on Tuesday and Wednesday, is it possible Joe could rig up some kind of hook right outside your door with a length of rope or chain on it and you could clip a dog's collar to that and let one dog at a time out into the yard to do its business? I know it's not what the dogs are accustomed to, but...it would be better than you risking a fall by being pulled too hard when walking them.
Oh dear, Micki.. I'm so sorry to hear your knee is giving you trouble! I fear what trouble my own knees may give me down the road, as they are already showing signs on long walks and as I climb up stairs. Well, whenever you need someone to listen, go ahead and get it off your chest... That's what friends are for! I'm always ready to lend an ear for listening, or a shoulder for cryin' on, if needed.. o.k.? (0; And yes, I agree, "Thank God for crocheting!" Hope you're feeling better soon, but don't let the process bring you down. Keep smilin'!.. ((hugs)) ~tina
Locked knees are s0 painful....Its sounds like you ahve a good plan with that husband of yours~he is a keeper!!! Take good care Micki~slowly but surely.....
♥ Eileen
I am so sorry to hear about your leg..Will keep you in my prayers..We just hate when something gets us down. I know it must be lousy for you.. Hang in there and hope you get healed soon.
Hugs,
Maggey
Oh Hon, I'm soooooooo sorry! Which does absolutely no good, for you, I know. I'm at a loss for what to say, other than my heart goes out to you.
And I'll worry about that dog walking, for awhile........
Gentle hugs...
I will walk up to the Holy Thorn and tie on a ribbon for you and I will ask for a blessing for your recovery.Get well soon lovely Micki, you are always there to care for us when we are sick.
Good grief lassie - I would hardly call that whining !!!!!
I've had my knee lock up so can totally relate to the pain involved. Hope everything heals up well.
You are entitled to feel sorry for yourself from time to time. You have had a bad run of luck but it is sure to change soon. Take care of yourself. Hugs. Maggi x
Oh Micki sending Prayers your way and also some Reiki!!! Take care, Hugs Dzintra♥x
I just read this as I was away for three days. I do hope you feel better soon.
Oh boy! I got behind on my blog-reading... so sorry to hear about your leg! I'm thinking of you and sending prayers your way! E-hugs!
Oh you poor thing, I know how much a locked knee hurts! 6 months!!! How awful. I am amazed at you still going walking... you are inspirational.
This sounds awful! You have every right to complain. I was definitely complaining this past summer when I broke my elbow and had to have help with everything from showering to dressing. I couldn't knit or crochet for weeks. It was unbearable! Wishing you heal quickly!
Oh not good Micki. Not popping over her very often I didn't know about your leg. I hope it's improving over time :-)
Anne xx
Post a Comment