Friday, September 17, 2010

Lots to Share

I finished my honeymoon journal! I was so happy with it and Joe loved it! This is my first goal accomplished for the Charming Girls Quilt Club.
















Second, I have been working on my crocheted afghan and here are two blocks that I did this week. Crocheting is a good thing to do while sitting in a lounge chair.

Then, three packages came in the mail. One was a package from
Crafty Alley, which is located in County Kerry, Ireland. I am a member of the Kit of the Month Club. Since I plan to do so many journals, I get a kit every month from them to replenish my supplies for 30 euro a month....What a great deal! Here is September's kit. I love the mini journal that came with it, and lots of wonderful papers and other supplies.
Also, Greg and Brooke sent me a surprise package for my scrapbooking and journalling. Thanks so much to both of you! I so enjoyed seeing a pic of the two of you and receiving that lovely note from you.You are such a cute couple! All of the items will come to use, and I so appreciated your kindness!
Finally, I got my last batch of 1930's fabrics. They are gorgeous! I have all the 1930's fabrics that I need for the circle quilt. As I am seeing my surgeon on the 18th of October to see if I need surgery, I am going to cut out all the circles, prep the pieces for the needleturn applique and place the circles on the 10 inch layer cakes. I will be doing needleturn applique instead of the reverse applique that is asked for in the pattern. The reasons being I love needleturn applique, but also I will have tons of hand sewing of the circles to do while I rest in my lounge chair.There are 63 circles to hand applique, so I will have tons to do.
I wanted to mention that I didn't forget the giveaway that Terry Sandelin, my Star of the Month wanted to hold on my blog. I am waiting for the books to arrive, and then I will post about the giveaway.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!













27 comments:

Maggi said...

That is such a beautiful way to preserve memory. It is gorgeous Micki. Good luck with your circles - needleturn applique is so relaxing anyway so you are making a good choice.

Zlaty said...

The journal looks amazing! You are a pro now ! :)

Anonymous said...

Micki, I love your completed journal! I have never been inclined to do anything like this, or anything else using paper like stamping and making cards, but your journal makes me realize there's so much that can be done with this kind of thing. I love that you have made it especially delicate (dare I say like relationships themselves ;) by lacey embellishments. It's beautiful! As if that wasn't enough for one post, you then went on to talk about what you plan to do with 30's fabrics -- they are some of my favorites! I see some in your picture that I don't have, and perhaps I have some you don't have. Are there any in particular you are looking fo? If so let me know. Good that you are preparing to keep your hands busy during other concerns.
If you haven't seen my 100th post giveaway yet, come take a peek.
Sorry so long -- got carried away. ;)

Barb said...

Lovely journal and giftiees...and mail...keeps things fun and interesting.

Needled Mom said...

I enjoyed enlarging and checking out the pages of your honeymoon journal. It looks like you had a fabulous time and you will now be able to enjoy the memories over and over again.

Glad you are getting prepared for what might lie ahead for you. Hand work is a great way to use up time and I love the 30s fabrics.

Natasha in Oz said...

Boy, you have been so creative and busy! It is always interesting to see what wonderful things you create.

Those fabrics are sensational! They look to be in excellent condition too. How fabulous!

Hope your weekend is wonderful. Take care.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Liz said...

Your journal is beautiful Micki, such a lovely way to hold memories together isn't it..? I'm looking forward to seeing your circles stitched, food luck with the appointment...
Lizzie
xxx

Cheryl said...

Scrapbooking is my next favorite hobby! Have fun. Your brown bag has started its journey to you.

Maria said...

Your Honeymoon Journal is gorgeous Micki.
Oh what great mail you received. Lots of things to keep you busy while you are on the mend.
Have a grest weekend.

Gene Black said...

I love the journal. I have never kept a journal -I just can't get into it. My blog is my journal now, I suppose.

What lovely things you got in the post! Thanks for sharing with us.

Stephanie Hughes said...

I absolutely love these pages. You are going to have to get professional here! You can tell you have training. Steph

quiltmom anna said...

Don't you love it when your idea comes to fruition - look at the beautiful of memories you have created to share with Joe.
I love your thirties fabrics- it will be a lovely quilt- I think circle quilts are terrific - it is on my someday list...I have a great book by Louisa Smith that uses a strata of fabric ( strip pieces sewn in color groupings) then you template cut the quarter circles and piece them by machine together- the perfect technique for me because I am not someone who enjoys doing applique. Each of us loves different techniques- such an interesting hobby quilting...
Warmest regards,
Anna

Kath said...

Ooh so busy, not much time for Tv then Micki (wink). I am picking balckberries this afternoon in my jungle, before we cut all the brambles down.
Your journal is so pretty you must be very proud.

Kerrie said...

The scrapbook looks wonderful! What a great job! I love all the new fabrics. Thanks for visiting and commenting. You are always appreciated. Hugs across the sea, from me, Kerrie

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Love your post. The journal/scrap is beautiful! You are thinking ahead and making lemonade out of lemons! You go girl!

Fleurette said...

I love your journal Micki,its so beautiful and the crochet blocks are lovely, good luck with the doctor!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh the journal is beautiful Micki, love all the embellishments. Love the crocheted pieces too :-)
Anne xx

Deborah said...

Your journal is gorgeous! I love the crochet blocks too. I recently started crocheting again after many years like you, it's giving me something to do while watching tv.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Micki I can see why Joe loved it...well done...Dzintra♥x

Linda in Arkansas said...

Oh that is so amazing! I don't do that sort of stuff - and I'm highly impressed!!! Congrats on your finish! I'm looking forward to snaps of your 30's quilt.

Gretchen said...

Love your journal project, a wonderful way to treasure your memories. I love to do needleturn applique also but I think I would get tired of doing all those circles:)

Loralynn said...

Your honeymoon journal is beautiful! You can tell that a lot of love went into making it!

Ivory Spring said...

Micki,

That is such a sweet journal!!! I never could get myself motivated to do a scrap book. So my hats off to you for completing it!!

Colleen Barnett said...

Hi Micki

Your journal looks beautiful! Very lovely way to keep your memories safe.

Good luck with the surgeon! Fingers crossed for you honey!

xx

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love love the honeymoon journal! Great job! Also love those 30's prints - hope all goes well with the doctor and you enjoy the hand sewing!

Wendy said...

You've done an amazing job, it's a really beautiful album. I really must get round to scrapping my honeymoon, and even the wedding!

Laurie said...

What a sweet journal, Micki!