Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Miniatures In Minutes Giveaway

Terrie Sandelin, who is the Star of the Month has sent me two books, both of which are called Minatures in Minutes, and they are both signed by Terrie . One copy she graciously gave to me and the other is for the giveaway. I am honored to be hosting the giveaway on my blog. I got a chance to look at the book today, and it is incredible! You can basically make 24 miniature quilts each in a day or less using techniques, which, as Terrie says, really dramatically speed up your paper piecing. Included are 12 full- sized foundation patterns. I am so thrilled with the book , and I am really anxious to try one!!!
Here is how you enter. First of all, it is open to anyone, and I will ship internationally.
1. Comment on this post for one entry and tell me if you have ever paper pieced before.
2. Tell me if you are a follower of my blog for a second entry.
3. Blog about it and send me a link to the post, and you will get a third entry.

Remember to include a comment for each above, so I can easily see that you have three entries.
The drawing will be on Monday, the 4th of October.
I will be having another giveaway starting on October 1st, which is part of the
Fall into Fall Quilter Bloggers Giveaway. That giveaway will be from October 1-15, so don't get confused and enter both for a chance to win two great prizes.

103 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh wow Micki, what a great giveaway! Thanks for entering me :-)

Jocelyn said...

And I am a faithful follower ;-D

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Looks like a fun and interesting book. I like to make miniatures and I've been getting a bit of practice with paper piecing. Not sure if I like it yet but we'll see after some practice.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I've been following you on Bloglines for awhile but just went over and clicked the magic follow button :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I love Terri's work and have been following her and watching her beautiful creations for a long time. I would so enjoy owning her book and trying her method.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I am definitely a follower Micki!

SewCalGal said...

Hi Micki. I do love paperpiecing, but have never done anything as fine and small as yours. Would love to learn.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

SewCalGal said...

I follow with great delight.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

rockgranny said...

Yes, I have paper pieced before and made a hexie quilt from 1600 pieces.I really like paper piecing, and would like to learn something more.

Rafael's Mum said...

yay, terrie's book! thanks for that Micki and Terrie!! I have paperpieced but not a lot so could do with some tuition! lol !

Rafael's Mum said...

As you know... I am a longtime follower allready! xo

rockgranny said...

I'm following you from the day I discovered you blog.

SewCalGal said...

I've given a shout out about your great giveaway on my page where I share insights on giveaways & contests: http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kim Reid said...

I'd love a chance to enter your wonderful giveaway - I haven't tried paper piecing yet . . .
Thanks!!
kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

Kim Reid said...

I am a follower - Thanks!
kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

marjolein said...

Hi Micky,
The book sounds fabulous. I have tried paperpiecing several times now, but I find it very hard. I'm always misplacing my fabric no matter how many times I try. I'm still hoping for someone to learn me the trick. I am currently finishing an UFO (12 years old) with a flying geese border. I have just enough fabric left if I cut mimimal, so you can imagine my blood, sweat and tears. I'll mentio your give away on my blog (if I can manage)

Zlaty said...

WHat a great giveaway is this Micki! I would love to make some of those miniatures quilts!

Zlaty said...

I have been your follower for awhile now! :)

Greg said...

Sign me up!!! I'd love to win.

Greg said...

I gladly follow you too!

arlette said...

I'd really love the chance to win this marvelous book, love to be entered in the drawing. I adore to make paper piecing, I really enjoy working on it, but I'm still learning, since the book's about miniatures, I really would like to give it a try!!!!

arlette said...

I'm a proud follower of you :)!!!, thank you for hosting the giveaway!!!

Barb said...

What a fun giveaway....
but I just came by to say hi....don't count me in.

Chris H said...

Please add me to the list, and I have never tried 'paper pieced' before.

Chris H said...

Yeah and I'm a follower of ya blog too!

tubakk said...

Oh, seems like this is the book for me right now. I'm hooked on miniature quilts for the time beeing. I don't sew on paper, because it will bring me much work after the sewing. I draw the pattern on thin fabric instead, and then I don't have to remove it.

Mary L. said...

Sounds like a great book. I've made several miniatures and often use paper piecing. I posted about the giveaway on my blog as well.Thanks for the opportunity.

Mary L. said...

Forgot to say I'm not a follower as I tend not to use that function, but I'm a regular reader..does that count? LOL

Jen said...

I've never made a miniature, but it's been on my list! I want a whole wall of miniatures! I love paper piecing, everything turns out so perfect and exact!

Jen said...

I am a new follower!

Annette said...

Awesome giveaway! I do paper piecing sometimes. And i love miniature quilts.

Annette said...

And I am a follower ☺

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Micki, What a fab giveaway. Please count me in (I am a follower).
Ros

deserae said...

I have never paper pieced before, but I want to learn!

marina said...

I have only done some basic paper piecing. It was much easier than I thought it would be. One day there will be a proper paper piecing project I will attempt.
Count me in!

Jackie's Stitches said...

A quilt in a day?! I'm in!

I've completed one paper piecing project - the classic beginner project from Carol Doak. I enjoyed it so I'm not sure why I haven't done another one.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm a happy follower!

Deb G. in VA said...

I love to paper piece! Would love to win Minatures in Minutes!

Deb G. in VA said...

I follow your blog with Google Reader.

retdairyqueen said...

Would love to enter your giveaway
I have never paper peiced

retdairyqueen said...

Iam a follower

scraphappy said...

I am a reluctant convert to paper piecing which I have been using for my Midget Blocks. I love the results and am learning to love the process.

scraphappy said...

I am a follower

scraphappy said...

I blogged about the giveaway here: http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway_28.html

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...this looks great, please count me in...Dzintra♥x

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Micki...I'm already a Follower!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I'm back...just to let you know that I have put the giveaway pic on my blog with a link back to you...I did paper pieceing once...25 years ago...Thanks Micki, Dzintra♥x

Deborah in Atlanta said...

Hi Micki - just discovered you and I'm glad I did. Wish you had the option for me to get your post updates via e-mail. So you asked - have I ever paper-pieced before? Yes, I have. I took a class and HATED it. But one of my daughters wants one of those calendar wall hangings, but she wants hers lap size. So I'll be starting on that soon, and will just have to learn to LOVE paper-piecing. Because I'll be doing it for quite a while getting those 12 months assembled. dmj53(at)hotmal(dot)com

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I'm a follower. (oh, and mis-spelled my e-mail account in my earlier post) dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

JJ said...

Micki that sounds like a fantastic book and I would love to have a copy. Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.

JJ said...

I follow you and love to read your blog

Janet said...

Great giveaway Micki. I did a paper pieced a la Cynthia England salmon wall hanging. It is gorgeous but her method is a bit different. I've done a few other small pieces. A mystery quilt I did last year had an optional border of Xes and Ys which I did paper piecing on. They looked great!

Janet said...

And I am a follower.

Anna said...

I took a paper piecing class at my lqs and really enjoyed it.

Anna said...

I'm a follower

Mystica said...

I haven't paper pieced before!
Please enter me for this giveaway and thank you for offering this book to us.

Mystica said...

I follow you on GFC

Maria said...

I love being your follower Micki

Maria said...

I have done paper peicing but not a lot. A good oppertunity to do more if I win!!!

WvHmmngbrd said...

I have done some paper piecing. My daughter and I are getting into miniature collection too! Thanks for the chance to win!

WvHmmngbrd said...

I became a follower!

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks Micki for a chance for me to win a fantastic looking book. I'm your fan...! Hugs Nat

esquiltingpassion said...

Hi Micki, I am a follower of your blog. Elaine

esquiltingpassion said...

I love paper piecing. I have done many projects using this method.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love paper piecing and making miniature quilts...this would be right up my alley! Angela from SoScrappy sent me over!

Nancy said...

Thank you for this great giveaway! And yes, I have paper pieced before and love it!

Zegi said...

I would love to win the book! Thank you for the giveaway :)

Zegi said...

I'm a follower!

Unknown said...

That is a great giveaway. I really enjoy paper piecing.

Anonymous said...

MICKI,HAPPY AUTUMN!
THANKS FOR A CHANCE TO WIN THIS WONDERFUL BOOK! YES,I DO PAPER PIECING FOR ANY DETAILED POINTED BLOCKS.LOVE,LINDA

jldouglas@wispwest.net

Miri said...

Great giveaway! I have done paper piecing but its really not my favorite method...maybe this book will make it more fun.

Terry said...

Looks like a great book. I've never paper pieced but I want to learn how. Thanks for the chance! :0)

Villa-loredana said...

Hello, nice to read that you are going better and better, with love. Loredana.

Marcia W. said...

Thank you for this wonderful giveaway. I've paper pieced some blocks using directions from a magazine article, yet have not made a complete quilt. Also, have never tried to make a minature. If win this book, then think would help me. Please enter me into your drawing.

Brigitte said...

Yes, I have paperpieced and am just entering the world of miniatures.

Marcia W. said...

Micki, I now follow you.

Deb said...

I'd love to win!

Yes, I've paper pieced before - a few years ago I made a quilt of paper pieced stars. Complete with gold lame accents! (Hey, it was when everything that wasn't a reproduction had metallic accents.)

CrochetnQuilt said...

Thanks for the oppportunity to win a great book! I have paper pieced and I like the precision that the blocks have.

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

oh Micki what a wonderful book, what a lovely thing to do!! I hope you get a lot out of your book, I am sure that you will!!

Lindi said...

1st entry: Great giveaway! I have never done paper piecing, but I really want to try it. I don't even know how to start, so this book would be very useful!

Lindi said...

Entry 2: I'm a follower. Started following you a couple of months ago. :)

Millie said...

Micki, what a great giveaway. Yes, I have paper pieced before...it is so easy to have nice matched corners this way.

Quilt Doodles said...

I love minatures. Minatures are what got me back into quilting. Thanks for this chance to win this book.

Quilt Doodles said...

I am a follower. Thanks.

Gill said...

This looks a great book!
I have done a little paper piecing before, mainly from Jenny Rolfe's book
Gill

Wendy said...

Great giveaway. Yes I have paperpieced. I've enjoyed both Carol Doak and George Siciliano patterns/classes. This book/technique looks very interesting as I love miniatures.

Kathleen C said...

I love making miniature quilts and especially when I paper piece the blocks. In fact, I taught myself paper piecing for miniatures. Thanks for this giveaway.

Pat S. said...

I love to paper piece, and would truly love to win "Miniatures in Minutes"! Thanks for the chance to win!!!

Pat S. said...

I am a follower, too! Whoot-whoot!!!!

Kathy H said...

What a great giveaway. I love to paper piece. It is much easier to work with those really little pieces.

terri said...

This is my first time here. What I cool site. I have done some paper piecing. But not much.

Irina said...

hi Micky!
I'd like to try and enter this giveaway, see if I'm lucky...
thanks for the chance!
I'll be reading you...

Irina said...

I'm your follower too

Nancy Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Sue said...

I am now a follower through GFC. I love that I can read your blog over my phone, no matter where I am....ok, of course, not while driving!
Thank you for having this giveaway!
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

Nancy Sue said...

Hello from the Washington DC area! I have never paper pieced but was looking for an opportunity to try. Voila! Thank you for holding this giveaway. Have just found your blog, so I have a lot of reading to get me up to speed. Thanks again!
nsue21702 at gmail dot com

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

I have had this book on my list a long time...I would love to win!

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

I am now an official follower. I used to just stop by for a read every week or two.

Petit Design Co. said...

I have done minimal paper piecing but I really want to learn how to design my own blocks

Promote your giveaway on the new Quilty Giveaways site (it's free) help me grow a one stop site of fellow quilters that are hosting giveaways. Don't forget to follow the new site too!

http://quiltygiveaways.blogspot.com/

Peach Rainbow said...

i haven't paper pieced before, but I'd like to try!
fsarah09 at gmail dot com

Peach Rainbow said...

I follow!
fsarah09 at gmail dot com

Janet said...

I've been less than happy with my paper piecing efforts - perhaps this book will help! Hope I win!
Have become a follower too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

How is that Miniature Quilt book? I"ve never seen it, but am always on the lookout for good new books!