
Because of the fall injuring both of my knees, my goals for the
Charming Girls Quilt Club went a bit askew, but I am determined to stay on track now. I am ordering the rest of my supplies for the circle quilt and romantic Victorian journal that I am doing about Joe and me. I will get the journal done for sure this month, and hopefully all the supplies will arrive soon for the circle quilt, which I will then begin to work on.


Then, I have joined The Gracie Jane Project. I am going to make a really small quilt which will be given to a baby who is in a neonatal intensive care unit in hospitals in Ontario. You can see the pattern for the quilt when you click on the link. It is a neat pattern, and I have to find some modern, cheerful fabrics. I will be checking The Fat Quarter Shop for the fabric I can use, and you know that you can find anything at the Fat Quarter Shop. My goal is to finish that as soon as possible, and then get the circle quilt started after that. I will be hand sewing all the circles inst
ead of doing raw edge applique, so I doubt I will be get it done in October, but we shall see.
I also have my F-R-I-E-N-D-S Swap due in the third week of October, which is being hosted by Khris of Sew Prim Khris. I have a big package to send out to Mary in Australia. I have already figured out what I will send her for each letter of the word Friends,but I can't spoil the surprise, so mum is the word. Thus, I will be gathering all the supplies for the swap this month and then get it mailed out in October.
In the meantime, I am still concentrating on my knees...doing the therapy and excercises that I need and still waiting for the Pilates to arrive at QVC UK. I know I need this period of rest and recuperation, but I also need to get involved in some things to get my mind off of all that has happened. These projects will be neat for me and also very good for me, as this year has been a year I will never forget. So for September/October, I will be doing a lot of therapy and excercising for both my bad knees....and most definitely beyond that.
Yes, I will continue walking.Joe and I take our three mile walk in the morning, and then the same one in the afternoon. We go feed Coco the horse carrots and apples, and then we now have a border collie pup who comes down to visit us when we feed the horse, and boy is she cute. I am bringing bones
for her, and she stays for a while to visit with us, and then the mommy border collie comes and calls her back with some strong barks. It is so cute! The walks have been essential for me, as I don't want to get stiff in my legs in addition to having the injuries...I don't need that!
So these are my goals! As I don't plan on falling again, I hope that I will accomplish all of them!
ead of doing raw edge applique, so I doubt I will be get it done in October, but we shall see.
I also have my F-R-I-E-N-D-S Swap due in the third week of October, which is being hosted by Khris of Sew Prim Khris. I have a big package to send out to Mary in Australia. I have already figured out what I will send her for each letter of the word Friends,but I can't spoil the surprise, so mum is the word. Thus, I will be gathering all the supplies for the swap this month and then get it mailed out in October.In the meantime, I am still concentrating on my knees...doing the therapy and excercises that I need and still waiting for the Pilates to arrive at QVC UK. I know I need this period of rest and recuperation, but I also need to get involved in some things to get my mind off of all that has happened. These projects will be neat for me and also very good for me, as this year has been a year I will never forget. So for September/October, I will be doing a lot of therapy and excercising for both my bad knees....and most definitely beyond that.

Yes, I will continue walking.Joe and I take our three mile walk in the morning, and then the same one in the afternoon. We go feed Coco the horse carrots and apples, and then we now have a border collie pup who comes down to visit us when we feed the horse, and boy is she cute. I am bringing bones
for her, and she stays for a while to visit with us, and then the mommy border collie comes and calls her back with some strong barks. It is so cute! The walks have been essential for me, as I don't want to get stiff in my legs in addition to having the injuries...I don't need that!So these are my goals! As I don't plan on falling again, I hope that I will accomplish all of them!
19 comments:
Well, you sure are keeping a good attitude and you have alot of plans. I can't wait to see that little quilt. You still amaze me with your daily walks with as much pain as you are in...but a gal gotta do what a gal gotta do.
Good news that you´ve kept walking to feed Coco and now the smart little one! Border collies are definetely smart and loyal. She will love you forever for the bone you´ve given her.
Nice donation project. I´m sure an eye candy is coming up!
Bia
I"m going to check out the Gracie Jane link because a few of us are going to do NICU blankets for a hospital in Baltimore...so maybe that will be a good pattern for us to use. Sounds like you are keeping your legs in the best shape you possibly can...which is good. That puppy is VERY cute!!!
I agree with others, your 3 mile walks are incredible! I walk each evening after putting in a full day, and I do only one mile. It's enough for me, you are an inspiration! I've made many neo-natal quilts for our quilt guild to donate, and the feeling of contributing is nice. You will enjoy everything about doing the same.
I'm glad that you are positive about your knee problems Micki, I think attitude is a huge part of healing and mending and yours is fabulous. Take care..
Lizzie
xxx
It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy while awaiting the pilates machine. I'm glad that you can continue with the walking.
I'll bet that collie will be around everyday for you. What fun! It's nice to have such a loyal friend.
"The walks have been essential for me, as I don't want to get stiff in my legs in addition to having the injuries...I don't need that!"
OK, I guess I can stop worrying about your walks now. :-))))))))))
Micki thanks for joining our project! Can't wait to see what fabric you pick. Barbara.
I admire your get up and go Micki... you are very determined in all parts of your life.
Good health.
Hugs
Lois
You sure are keeping yourself busy Micki My Friend.
I really enjoy making tiny quilts of Love. will have a look at the pattern on your blog.
Oh wonder what will be in the Package???
You are so good going for your long walks twice a day and seeing your four legged friends on the way.
Take Care.
You have the right approach my friend with your walks and your animal friends and your dear husband~ Your description of the surgeon made me laugh out loud! They are a serious bunch of folks....they suck all the good energy right out of the room when you are a patient!
Take care Micki and get better slow but surely~
♥ Eileen
Oh that is SO-oooo CUTE!! I LOVE how the dog comes to visit you like that!!.. and how the Mommy calls him home when it's time!.. The walks you are taking sure do sound nice!... I don't go on as many walks as I used to, (due to no school/summer vacation), but I DO try to walk the dog as often as I can, and then I try to fit in some kind of indoor exercises at least 5 days a week, if even just for 10 or 15 minutes a day!.. I like to think (and certainly HOPE) they're doing me SOME kinda good!!!.. Have a wonderful weekend! ~tina
Keep walking Micki! I hope your pain goes away!
Keep walking Micki! I hope your pain goes away!
Great goals, Micki! I know that some little baby and its parents will love a handmade quilt. I teach knitting to antepartum moms, and it's a very stressful time for them. Can't wait for you to get started on Pilates; you will feel so much better.
AWE that pup is so adorable! Good goals too. I just posted mine. You are sure an inspiration!!
Great Goals Micki! What fun to feed the horse. And the little pup sounds so fun! I bet both of them love you coming by. Have fun with your sewing projects and keep taking care of your knees.
I agree - great goals & what a wonderful attitude! I hope you get to feeling better!
Oh look at that border collie pup! I have a border collie, but she was already a year old when we got her. Is the pup cute!
Post a Comment