A dear friend of mine named Kath, who recently moved to Glastonbury, left me the sweetest comment in response to my post about my latest challenge. When I emailed her to thank her, she told me about the history of the Thorn Tree. She also wrote a post about the Thorn tree, and you can see it here. After explaining all of it to me, she wrote me the following message:Kath said,"Luckily, the tree lives on today because cuttings were taken from the original. This old tree on Wearyall Hill, west of Glastonbury Tor, (which is where we live)is a descendant of the original, and there are others, including one in the Abbey grounds and this one at St Johns church in the High Street, grafted from cuttings of the original. It is said locally that the Glastonbury thorn flowers twice in the year, once in early January and again in May. Locals say that it will not flower twice outside Glastonbury. Every year the Queen has a flower from the Holy Thorn placed on her dinner table at Christmas.
It is believed that making an offering to the tree will grant you a long-held wish or convey a blessing.
People from all over the world place ribbons on the tree, when we were up there, we saw ribbons with messages written on them in different languages.
And now there is one with "Micki" written on it. I reckon God will know who that is."
Kxx
It is believed that making an offering to the tree will grant you a long-held wish or convey a blessing.
People from all over the world place ribbons on the tree, when we were up there, we saw ribbons with messages written on them in different languages.
And now there is one with "Micki" written on it. I reckon God will know who that is."
Kxx
I have always called Kath by the endearing term " My Elfin Princess"...She has always reminded me of someone beautiful and magical like those in the Lord of the Rings.Well Kath, this is the sweetest thing that anyone has done for me in a long time, and I know you can't see it, but I am smiling now.Bless you for doing that for me! I am truly lucky to have you as a friend, and thanks from the bottom of my heart. I am sure that I will be granted your wish for me, and I will go through this new hardship knowing that you are thinking of me.
I do also want to thank all who wrote me...I am most grateful for your concern and it has made me feel so much better and so very special. This has been a much better day for me after yesterday's ordeal, and that is thanks to my friends...I am very lucky after all!
15 comments:
How very special that is for you Micki....and I am so glad that others are keeping you company with their emails of concern.
I am glad you are having a better day today.
What goes around comes around, and therefore it is only befitting that you are in most people's thoughts and prayers.
Your post was lovely. You are lucky to have such a wonderful friend.
Reading this I am glad you are feeling better. I do hope you improve further quickly.
You really have a very special frien in Kath. I bet lots of your readers wish you well, but sometimes one is just out of words to express what to say. So, get well soon.
KATRIN W.
What a lovely thing for Kath to do for you. Thanks for sharing the story of the Thorn Tree.
Micki I am so happy you had a better day, a special friend is the greatest blessing and can bring the joys of peace to our lives with out even trying , they just make it happen. I pray for your health and that you will have many better days. Your post are always a highlight for us.Blessings, Marie
What Barb says is 100% true. You are always there for us, with care and concern when we are sick, so it is a rgeat pleasure to do this small thing for you, lovely Micki XX
Dear Micki, I have just read what happened to you!!
What a shock!
I hope you are feeling a bit better today and that your knee heals much faster than expected.
I am sure Kath's ribbon will work.
Take care.
Micki, hope your knee heals fast. Just found out we are brown bag quilt exchange partners, so I had to check out your blog. Come visit me at http://fatesdesigns.blogspot.com. I added your button to my blog. What a great place to live! I love Ireland.
Sorry to read again problem with your legs, but hope that all our comments is rising you up, and that the Joe's sweetnes and help is as always a half of the medicine that you have to take that all is going better. Nice to met your nice friend Kath. With a sincerelly friendship love. Loredana.
This will be my third try, to Comment here. Wondering if you really need the Word Ver. Setting on?
Wondering if my Comment would go, if I could just Publish it?
Or if I could just Publish it, and you read it, with Comment Verification Setting on?
We all read our Comments, anyway...
One more try. Then I give up....
What a darling pal Kath is! Sure hope the Micki ribbon does the trick.
Take it easy sometimes we just need to slow down and let our bodies heal.
Big hugs,
Lola
I reckon God will know exactly who Micki is. :)
That is a a lovely idea she had putting the ribbon there for you.
She is a great friend.
Take care and get well soon!
What a thoughful friend!
Hope you're back on your feet (brace-free) sooner than you think.
Post a Comment