
Here are the free patterns. I am including the pic of latest pattern, so you can see how cute it is. I saw these patterns on Maisey's blog, and had to download them. Go see her blocks and see how she made them ....absolutely adorable!.
I am also getting the Civil War Bride quilt pattern and starter fabric kit to do later at Threadbear. I just want to make sure that I have the supplies that I need.It is all applique, and I just love doing applique, and it is so pretty. Don't you just love the pic of t
he quilt? If you decide to do it, you can join the Civil War Bride blog. My friend Nat is making the quilt, as are Lurline and others, so you can see how they are doing the quilt. This quilt has really become so popular.Well, right now, I will be starting the Streets of Ireland Quilt that is in Pat Sloan's book Tour Ireland With Pat Sloan. You can see Dublin in the background of the pic, which of course is our capital city.A new quilt shop is opening on Friday near our village called Green Acres, and I will be buying fabric for the quilt. I can't wait to see the shop!!! An American who moved here to Ireland with her husband is opening the shop, and she is a member of the Sheephaven Guild, which I am a member of. I am so looking forward to making the quilt, and Joe is excited about it too. I will be machine embroidering the names of the towns on the signposts. It looks like a fun quilt.
Later, I will have the other two to do so it is nice to have fun plans.
Anyways, it is wonderful being inspired by other people's blogs, and hope you like the patterns.
PS: Some of you who asked me about siggies, go look at Annelies' blog to see a quilt made from siggies that someone made. The border is outstanding. You will see how lovely the quilts can be when they are made out of the siggy blocks...a real memory quilt.
24 comments:
This Civil War Bride Quilt is stunning Micki...maybe I'll get to do it one day too...isn't there so much around...Dzintra♥x
I love that Civil war bride quilt. however, i think it might be a bit complicated for me. I love the look of your new layout.
I just love the civil war bridal quilt !
Thanks for the link to my blog.
Ohh you are going to be busy!!!
The CWB quilt is beautiful.
I am looking forward to watch you make your Streets of Ireland quilt.
I hope you find some wonderful fabrics in the new shop.
Ohhhh my, the CWB pattern! Wow!
And did I say how pretty your blog is looking? -grin- Yes I did. But I have to say it again. Wasn't it fun to play with your blog? And see, it's easy, once we get up our courage [me, anyway] and try. :-)
A question... Do you really love Pink & Blue? Or just Pink? How would eliminating Blue from your blog colors, and substituting Green [for Irish, like in your Header], look to YOU? You are the only one, who should be pleased.
There are various shades of all the colors which Blogspot offers. Deep shades, and light shades and inbetween. Just wondered how it would look, if you have Greens, in place of all your Blues?
Just wondering. No need to fiddle more, here. After all, you have "your work cut out for you," with your quilting. :-)
Wow you have a lot of beautiful things planned . They really are lovely .
Boy you have a lot planned, the Civil War Bride Quilt is lovely not that i could do anything like that you have enough to keep you going for quite a while
Hugs Janice
The Civil War Bride quilt is awesome. I really like the new background on your blog.
Love the new pink look, so pretty! I'm off to see the siggies quilt now. love Kath
Hi Micki,
I love your blog makeover! Super cute!
I was looking at the Bunny hill BOM. You did a great job! Looking foward your new project!
Happy sewing!
Zlaty
Hi Micki!
The Bunny Hill BOM is lots of fun to stitch!
The CWB quilt is just gorgeous *sigh* another project I must add to my list. :-)
You lucky girl! A new LQS have fun and I'm looking forward to seeing your latest stitching :-)
First you will love the basket blocks, they are so much fun and I have been doing them in redwork. Maybe after the holidays I will try my hand a applique. The civil war bride quilt is stunning, love it. Now I just ordered some of Pat's books so I just might get to them sometime next year at the rate I am going. And the siggie quilt of Annelies's is beautiful, you are right great border.
Can't wait to see your "Streets of Ireland" quilt. I'm sure it is going to be beautiful.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Thanks, Micki, I ran right over to the Tisket, A Tasket, and downloaded the patterns. I have been wanting a good excuse to start applique, and this is a beautiful one!
I admire all of the women who attempt the CWBQ, the dedication it takes, and the time invested,,,wow, I'm in awe!
p.s. I love your new look! the flowers are so fresh and beautiful!
Hi Micki, You've got some great projects lined up! And what fun to have a nearby LQS. Could be dangerous! ;>)
Totally loving the new look to your blog. Very feminine. Been contemplating changes to mine when I was out and about today.
I was ho-hum about the basket BOM till I saw the ric-rac yesterday. Gives it a whole different look.
Good luck with your projects.
Micki I love your new look though the old one was just fine. I too want to make the civil war bride quilt someday but I cannot afford it right now. Future item though.
I like the tisket and tasket blocks. What will you make from the Pat Sloan book?
The basket quilt and the Civil War quilt is gorgeous....lots of applique! I have seen pics of other's blogs and their blocks...beautiful! I especially love the Ireland Streets one! Doing that with Pat Sloan! WOW! That will be awesome!
Micki, you will love the CWBQ and can't wait to have joining the blog! Enjoy your sock workshops. I agreed with Aunt Amelia, your blog is looking very pretty - Hugs Nat
That CWBQ is so impressive! My goodness I don't need another project, and I'm not that saavy at applique, so I'll be excitedly watching your progress :)
Micki - first - love the new look for the blog! It is so pretty. You have another quilt shop opening near you?? Wow - you are so fortunate to have nice shops close to you. And the owner is in your guild - that is so wonderful.
Watch out - she's going to have you teaching there soon! I've been making the Bunny Hill blocks all this year - they are all so cute - and fun to make. I'm still working on my cupcakes and can't wait to start September's doggie. The Civil War Bride quilt is going to be beautiful! Such an ambitious project - good for you! And you'll enjoy the streets quilt from Pat Sloan. That'll be neat - you can put names on it that are special to you and Joe. It's nice to have some projects lined up for the coming fall/winter, isn't it? I know you like to embroider - have you seen the free Christmas stitching BOM from Gail Pan? I'm working on my last one - can't wait to put it together. Her blog is here: http://gailpandesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Hope you are feeling well....piece.
I was at my friend Sherri's house yesterday and she was working on that very same block with the dog from Bunny Hill. So Cute!
I absolutely ADORE that civil war bride quilt! It is way over my abilities, though, but please post as you make it! I can't wait to see!
Post a Comment