
Joe and I had a bit of a scary day today. It all started when we heard last night that we were getting a week's worth of sunny, dry weather. We both decided that this was the perfect time to paint the outside of the cottage and get it finally completed. We went to sleep, and I had a terrible dream that Joe would fall and hit his head while we were painting. I woke up frightened to death, but I thought to myself that it was stupid to take it too seriously, and telling Joe would maybe jinx him somehow. We painted for 6 hours straight, and nothing happened. I was so relieved! Joe wanted to go out and have coffee at the new cafe in town, and I went inside to clean my hands with turpentine and change my clothes. Joe was outside putting all the paint and supplies in our shed before we went. I was so relieved that nothing happened as I had dreamt in my dream, and decided to tell Joe about it. Just then, Joe walked in and there was blood dripping down his head. He had slipped on the plastic that was on the ground, and hit his head on the stone wall. He was bleeding a lot, and when I saw it, I was so scared, and I started to cry uncontrollably. Joe didn't understand why I was reacting so hysterically, and he said he was alright when it stopped bleeding after he put a wet paper towel on his head. I then told him about the dream, and it was pretty eerie for both of us. I know that I am in tune with Joe a lot as we are soulmates, but it was so incredible that my dream had been so prophetic. Both of us were relieved that Joe had not been hurt too badly, although he has a pretty bad gash on his head. He is taking a nap now from 3-5 PM. We both are aching from all the hours of painting, but we are also both relieved. Well that was our day. I didn't feel like going to the new quilt shop...I will tomorrow maybe. We have a bit of painting to do in the back of the cottage to finish up, and I will see how we both feel.
Well, writing about it, made me feel a bit better.
After we finish the painting tomorrow...I think it might take till 1 PM to complete.... we will hopefully enjoy the weekend of festivities, as we are having the Jazz Festival all weekend.
You have to admit that it was a strange and frightening occurence!
Anyways, enjoy your weekend everyone...a safe a happy weekend to everyone!
33 comments:
Yes that was a bit spooky, you must have a witchy gene in you somewhere Micki :) SO glad Joe was not badly hurt, it must have been a horrible shock for you both.I don't doubt you gave him lots of TLC poor lad. Kath xx
Micki, I hope that Joe is okay. A person should try to stay awake for a few hours after a head injury. That was really scary for you to dream that and have it happen. Hope tomorrow is better.
Glad Joe is ok. That is scary.
Happy Birthday to me!!!! Remember to say a prayer or do something special for someone else today!!!!!
That was really scary! Good to read that you both are OK. Have a great weekend!
This is definitely a bit of a scary story, Micki. Glad your dream only came true partially. Have a good weekend and hope to see some pictures of your painted house soon. Take care and the best for Joe!
9/11 is such a scary day anyway, that I hope Joe recovers OK. Those inner feelings are best to be paid attention to! Keep us posted.
That is some story Micki! I don't blame you for crying when you saw Joe's gash on his head! Hope he's okay now and you both enjoy the festival this weekend!
Good grief Micki!!All things considered it was a pretty productive day! Hope your dreams from now on are good ones~
We learn many things from our dreams and promptings.
Glad Joe is doing okay and that you got your painting done.
What a scary dream, Micki. And scarier yet to have it happen. Hope that Joe is feeling better and on the mend. Take care.
Oh Micki,
That is so scary! I am usually afraid like that. In Bulgaria we don't tell scary dreams till noon or you can bake something and give it to people for good karma. I am so glad he is fine!
Have a good weekend!
Zlaty
Wow Micki, that's amazing. We must all learn to trust our inner minds more. I'm glad your Joe is ok tho'.
Wow, what a harrowing experience! Have you ever had a premonition before?
so glad Joe is ok, whew, could have been worse!
Micki I have had dreams like that too so I had goosebumps as I read your story. I am so glad he is safe and sound. Enjoy your weekend and have some fun!
Glad all is well with Joe.
I'm glad that everything is all right. It's always scary when something like that happens.
spooky woman! Poor Joe you may have frightened him more after telling your dream than the actual hit on the head.
NO more dreams unless they are happy ok.
Hi Micki
Glad Joe is ok Yes very frightening for you We have a saying here that if you tell your dreams they wont come true, so maybe tell the bad ones and keep the good ones quiet
Maybe some retail therapy is what you need today
Illene
Hi Micki,I'm like the rest of your friends and am so glad that Joe is ok,it's very scary when our soul-mate is injured or not well take care of yourself and your DH....
Goodness me!!! I am so glad Joe was not badly hurt.
I hope you have only good dreams now.
Oh Micki...I'm so glad Joe is OK, that sure was scary!
Sweet dreams only from now on!
Julia ♥
Micki I'm glad to hear that joe is okay. Give him some extra TLC today.
I'm glad Joe wasn't injured more seriously. You must have been absolutely terrified. My prayers are with the both of you.
What a scary thing that happened to you- I am glad that Joe was not seriously hurt- Hope he has not suffered any ill effects from his fall.
Have a good time at the quilt store when you visit- will look forward to seeing your purchases.
Have a nice weekend- I am sure you will be taking good care of Joe and the boys.
Warmest regards,
Anna
scary, spooky and eerie for sure. Thank goodness Joe is okay...hugs Khris
Oh Micki, I am glad Joe is okay! It was a scary thought. Take care to both of you - hugs Nat
So glad that Joe is okay, i think the dream made this even more frightening than it would have been had you not had it well wish Joe well for me
Hugs Janice
So glad that my favourit number picker wasn't hurt...I do so believe in these sort of 'premonitions' Micki...Dzintra♥x
Oh Micki, thank goodness Joe was not hurt badly. Take care whilst painting in future, both of you.
Maggi x
You probably would agree that you should listen to yourself more now! lol...I know that was a scary thing for you and I am happy to know that your hubby is none the worst for wear! Phewwwww! what an event!
hugz
Pam
Chick you need to start having NICER dreams! I'm relieved Joe wasn't badly hurt.
Seems you have the third eye. Do theyc all it fey in Ireland? Glad Joe is okay. What a fright you must have had. Ann :)
My sister always tells me to go with my gut instinct. There was one time that I really felt uneasy about taking my regular route to her house, and I thought it was silly. She really stresses this strongly, though, so I didn't take that route. Nothing happened that I know of, but it very easily could have. I would hate to have known I just thought I was being crazy.
I got a book called Anam Cara this past week while we were on our stay at home honeymoon! I've been reading it to my husband, and it does say something about being in tune with that person. Its really interesting. I don't know that my husband and I are totally in tune yet, but I'm hoping it grows with our relationship. ;o)
I also have a post coming up that I think you will be very happy to see. I'm not giving any hints though...hehehe I hope you are in suspense. :)
I'm glad Joe is doing all right. It is definitely creepy when it happens, but you know yourself better than anyone. Don't ever doubt your instinct.
Post a Comment