Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Lovely Surprise and A Wonderful New Aussie Blog








I was thrilled today to get a lovely gift from Simone, who I am proud to say has become a good friend of mine. She sent me a lovely package in the mail "just because." It is always lovely to get a surprise like that, and I just loved the homemade needlecase, and the Holly Hobby fabric that she sent me. The card from her really touched me, as she thanked me for my friendship...There is nothing as special as that to me. Thanks so much Simone for your kindness, and most of all for your friendship!

Also, I came across a wonderful new Aussie blog called Among the Gum Trees, which you can see here. It is comprised of 9 wonderful designers who have together formed this blog. Each one is holding a giveaway,so you can visit each of their blogs, as they really are incredible! I think you will love them. I consider it an amazing find!

16 comments:

Carol said...

I love Simone's blog. She always has such pretty projects going on.

Gotta love the Aussie's for their inventiveness :) I hadn't visited their blogs for a few days but knew something was about to hit the wire from hints dropped :) Niiiiiiice.

Hope your week is going well. We are somewhat soggy but it sure beats drought.

Maggi said...

What a lovely gift for you - friendship is so important.

The Gum Tree blog is so exciting although I guess if you are entering the giveaways there is not much hope for the rest of us! Maggi x

blushing rose said...

What lovely gifts you received, Micki.

Yes, I remember you said you had been to Amish country ... I have several more posts coming up of this region of PA. that you will enjoy.

I hope you will visit Gail's new blog I have posted about. She is a real sweet friend.

How are things over your way? It is getting cooler & the leaves are turning.

Have a wonderful eve ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...what a very lovely gift from such a wonderful Friend!!!
I think Among the Gum Trees is an incredible find...and can you believe one of the Designers lives in our town...Have a great day, Dzintra♥x

Searchfamilies said...

All very nice
Hugs Janice

a good yarn said...

How kind of Simone to send you such a lovely gift. The new blog is terrific! Ann :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhhh that Holly Hobby fabric is so cute!!! And what a sweet gift...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Re: Your comment in my blog... Oh yes Micki, "Faery Rebels: Spell Hunter" by R.J. Anderson book issssssssssssss goooooooooooooood! Please do check it out, some time.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Awe what a nice suprise for you. It's always fun getting unepected gifts in the mail. I got one this week too and will post it on pink saturday, it pretty and fun. Have a good day.
Vera

SewCalGal said...

Hugs to both you and Simone. Both of you are lovely ladies (and have delightful blogs).

Yes, friendships are very special.

....and I do like the new Aussie blog too!.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki,

Thanks for the headsup. Will definitely check out the blog.

Granny Lyn said...

What a sweet thing to do, a "just because package" sent in the mail, is such a treat!

I love Simone's blog, I have become one of her followers, too, so I know what a sweet person she is!

webbsway said...

Your gifts you received are so beautiful and nothing makes you feel as special as when someone takes the time to think of you and send love .

Thank you for sharing the other blogs. I can't wait to visit.

You are such a treasure to all of us.
hugs

taylorsoutback said...

Micki - hoping that hamstring tear is doing better - does not sound like fun, even with a day spent in bed & reading! I bet those fun gifts & your "just because" friend's thoughtfulness really brightened your day.
Love those Gum Nuts too! I made it through all 9 also!
Take care and wishing you good days.

Chris H said...

Wasn't that lovely of Simone!
Here's hoping you have a lovely weekend chick.
So many giveawys at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Those are marvelous gifts!! The new blog looks fantastic!