Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Favorite Things




Kath wrote a post about her favorite things, and emailed me and asked me to list my favorite things in a post. She referred to the song "My Favorite Things", which also came from one of my favorite movies of all time "The Sound of Music".( Oh, I could say that one of my favorite things are classic movies.) You can see her post here. I am not supposed to mention my husband and dogs, but I have to...sorry Kath.I would have to put Joe first, as he is my soulmate and my best friend. My two rescued dogs Charlie and Rufus would come in second for sure. They have now been with us for over 10 years, and we love them. Charlie is always asleep...that is his favorite pastime.
Rufus is a border collie mix, and my sweetheart, and he is my favorite...I think because he was so abused by whoever had him previously. He was set on fire and beaten, but he is just so loving. Isn't that amazing?
You can see the love in his eyes.

Ok, let's get to the "things" that are my favorite.

Because I love my hobbies so, my machines are so important to me. First of all, I love my Pfaff 4.0 Expression, which is my quilting machine. It is awesome! If you are thinking of getting a new sewing machine, this one is awesome. It has a wider bed space, does tons of stitches, including 9mm stitches, and does free motion quilting like a dream. Everything is pushing buttons...there is even no presser foot lever.

I also love my Babylock EMB12 which is a 12 needle embellisher. I just can't stop playing with my wool roving and angelina fibres, etc.
The first thing that I ever made with my embellisher was this lovely bag which mostly has the trimmings and angelina fibres on it. Oh, yes, I have tons of bags that I have made, so they are my favorite accessories....Don't ask me how many I have!LOL
I love my Janome 350E embroidery machine, and I have used that for my quilts and just to make lovely embroidery, which brings me to what is my favorite thing also... lace doileys, and here is my favorite one that I made.











I also adore my 1953 Singer 221 Featherweight. It is perfect to take to quilting bees, and it is as light as a feather, besides the fact that it looks so cute, and makes the most perfect straight stitch in the world.







I absolutely love dolls and teddy bears, and as far as teddy bears, I have collected them since I was a little girl. This is my favorite teddy bear, as it is the last bear that I adopted in the United States, at one of those Build a Bear places. I named it Katie. Ok, I also love fairies and elves, and anything fantasy, but no pics to go with that.This led me to read all of the Terry Porter's Shannara Series.


I love flowers of any kind, and here is a bouquet of flowers that Joe got me this year for Mother's Day. As a result of loving flowers, I am really into gardening and enjoy watching birds and just reading books in my garden.


That's it Kath...I could go on forever. As I am a Gemini, I tend to be very eclectic and love many things. Give me an ocean, a lovely beach where I can walk with my Joe and the mountains and hills in the distance, and I am a happy camper, so one of my favorite things also is anything dealing with nature. If you want to write about your favorite things in a post on your blog, grab Kath's button, and join the fun.

27 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Good blog.

Nedra said...

So fun to learn a little more about you!

Sue said...

I love your lovely list of much loved things.
Mine would be similar, a bloke named Joe, pets, garden & sewing but please add FOOD as well.

Kath said...

Great post Micki! I love those yummee bags! Kath xx

Daffycat said...

What a wonderful post!

Dena said...

Loved your blog post this morning. We have two dogs we rescued from the local animal shelter and one of them was abused. He's just a big baby and we love him to death. But whoever had him was abusive to him and he if afraid of everyone but my husband and myself. Needless to say, we're very protective of him.

Tammy said...

What a great post Micki and it's wonderful to get to know more about you. Your "pups" are just precious!
I was sorry to hear about Joe hitting his head and I hope he's feeling better and healing well. "Those" dreams are SO scary and I hope you don't have anymore of them...only dream sweet dreams now :-)
Great machines and LOVE the bags!

Browndirtcottage said...

Well...I agree....those are some pretty good things to have around...especially Joe!

PurestGreen said...

A lovely post. The photo of the upsidedown dog is utterly precious.

blushing rose said...

Love the pooches, they are darling. TY for sharing these parts of your life, it is fun learning more of you.

Have a great week ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...love your favourite things...and to learn a little more about you...Dzintra♥x

webbsway said...

O Micki - I can't believe you have a Singer featherweight! They are like a "legend" to me because my sewing teacher always spoke of them with such respect! Yours is so cute!

Loved your beautiful post - you are so gifted.
Hugs from Va. - Linda -The Sewing Granny

CindyMae said...

Great list of favorite things! Love it all! I am catching up and read your post about the prophetic dream that you had and I truly believe that our dreams can be warnings at times! I am just so glad that he was not hurt to badly!

Nat Palaskas said...

I love all your favorite things. Can I please borrow them to be my favorite things too? I love this idea - Hugs Natima

a good yarn said...

That was a fabulous post Micki!

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely to read more about you, i guess the top few are similar for most me it Greg & family then comes the rest thanks for sharing
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Micki. So sorry to hear about Joe, but glad to hear he is doing better. I can only imagaine what you went through after having that dream.

I am alittle begin in reading my favorite blogs, so posting today on them. Weekend was horrible.

Willow

Maggi said...

How could someone be so cruel to such a beautiful dog. A credit to you both that he has learned to love and trust again. Thank you for sharing your favourite things with us. Maggi x

Patty said...

Well well you are into a lot of things. I love my machines too. and I love my Husband and my boy too! We also really love our dogs and got our most recent puppy from the pound too.

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

Sounds wonderful! That is a lot of machines involving sewing and such. :) I love bags too! My husband gets so upset with me because I am constantly switching bags. He was really upset at the constant buying of bags, but that hasn't been much of a problem in the past year and I get the feeling it won't be much of a problem anymore. ;o)

Cattinka said...

I can understand that you love your sewing machines, they are a very nice collection, and you create such beautiful things with them.
KATRIN W.

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you for sharing all these lovely favorite things with us! What a sad story about your adopted Rufus. Glad he found your home!!!
Wonderful post!

Laurie said...

Oh I loved hearing more about you in this post! You have so many sewing machines!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love your list of favorite things. I also loves the way Rufus sleeps! Both your pups are cuties!

Heckety said...

What a fun post! But you didn't mention cocolate!Oh hang on, your photo says you are too slim to have chocolate as a favourite! Rescue dogs are the best! In East Africa our dogs were always rescue dogs and they saved our children from all sorts of disasters.Remember Nana in Peter Pan? We used to say our dogs were Nanas!

Pam said...

I was reading this post again and I thought I had already posted a comment....

I enjoyed reading this post.

Yes --- Rufus certainly looks a lot like my Jenny.

You have a lot of sewing machines --LOL.

I am a Gemini as well.... sounds like we have a few things in common - except I think I need a few more sewing machines!

fabricartist21 said...

Got your blog from my sister and it is one of my favorites. Wow Just one click away from Ireland!!
I am a new blogger and I really hope to have the time to do a really fine job on mine soon, this is all new to me though. I posted my doggie today and hope you will click in and become a follower as I am really going to love yours. Thanks