Saturday, November 21, 2009

Magical Disney Sunday with Cinderella




"Cinderella" is the Disney story about finding true love. I just wanted to be just like her and boy did I want to find my Prince Charming, and guess what, I did! I loved when Cinderella sang "So This is Love" to Prince Charming, and how romantic was that scene. If only Joe and I could dance like that, but it is more likely that one of us will step on the other's toe....Oh well! I do love romance and shmaltz, I guess, and I will find myself in tears in a really romantic scene that I see. Cinderella makes you believe that wishes can come true when she sings the beautiful song " A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes". You truly believe in any possibility. That's why I always wished on a star or closed my eyes and wished for love and romance, and believed that one day I would find it. I am always amazed when I think back on how I met Joe and found my true soulmate, my "anam cara". I do believe that dreams do come true if you only believe! As you see Prince Charming put on that slipper and it fits perfectly, you are magically caught up in that moment. Yes, Disney has a way of giving us the perfect happy ending, and yes, they do happen!

20 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

I love cinderella the way that she still gets her man
Hugs Janice

Frog Quilter said...

Happy Anniversary. Isn't love great?

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh I love, love, love this new-to-me picture of you and Joe!!! Love it.

Do you have more? Of course you have more pics. ,-)

Yes, I know. I am insufferable, am I not? I want. I want. I want. -giggles-

Maggi said...

Isn't it wonderful when you find your dreams have come true?

Unknown said...

awwwww, I love your love story!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I always wanted to wear a dress like Cinderella wore. I'd still like that dress but now I'd have to have a blonde wig to hide my gray hair. LOL!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

P.S. You are so blessed to have found your soulmate. :-)

Nancy M. said...

Cinderella makes everyone want to be a princess! Such a great story!

Mrs Quilty said...

You're such a romantic, and sounds like your Joe is too! What a perfect match! I love your stories and that you have your soulmate!!!

Abatevintage said...

Micki love Cinderella one of the all time favorites of Disney movies. I bet you and Joe would look amazing dancing to just as the prince and Cinderella danced.

I am so glad you were able to participate this week, I enjoy our visits. God bless.

*®*´¯`•.¸¸.♫• Happy Holidays ♫•.¸¸.•´¯`*®*
♥´¨)¸.+´¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥♥¸.+´
¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥ Heidi ♥)

molly said...

So Micki, how did you meet your anam cara?

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the happy ending to this post!
One of my sisters is just like you. She really loves in Fairy Tales. Luckily she found her prince on the white horse two years ago. And he really is the prince for her and she his princess (((O:

Anonymous said...

Dreams do come true and you are here to certify it!
Congratulations in finding your anam cara!!
Good health and happiness to you both!

Tara said...

This is every little girl's dream! I'm so glad you found your Prince Charming! Happy Anniversary to you both, I hope the magic continues for you!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I too love Cinderella...and the "bubble" song. I could watch those movies over and over. Thanks for restating the lovely lilting name.... anam cara. I love the sound of it.

Judy S. said...

And wouldn't it be just great to have a fairy godmother?

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary!! so glad that your love as as strong as yesterday and will be forever tomorrow

webbsway said...

Maybe your and Joe's love story is even more special, and appreciated because you both had to over-come adversary to reach your dreams.

You are such a sweet and talented soul . Keep letting your light shine because you touch all of us for the better.
hugs, linda

CindyMae said...

Cinderella, that is one girl you just have to love and adore!! Hope that you have a wonderful and Blessed Anniversary!! Isn't it wonderful to have your soul mate!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Another magical Disney story Micki!!! So pleased you have found your Anam Cara♥x