I chose to write about "The Little Mermaid", as it is another one of my favorite Disney movies. Who could not love Ariel? She is a mermaid, who seems to have a happy life under the sea, but who one day falls in love with a human, Prince Eric, and rescues him from drowning. She gives up her beautiful voice so that she can have human legs, so that she can strive to
receive the "kiss of true love" from Eric. She sacrifices so much for love.I loved Ariel, because she was beautiful and charming, but she also had many flaws. She was naive, impulsive, and easily swept away by her emotions. She repeatedly disobeyed her father, risked her life on several occasions and fell in love with Prince Eric on sight. Yet, for all her faults, she still managed to charm everyone around her. I guess that I loved the way she looked at the world with such wonder and excitement and always saw the beauty that existed in a sometimes cruel world. She so wanted to be human and part of Eric's world when she sings her signature song "Part of Your World," and when Eric meets Ariel at the palace for the first time, how charming and enchantingly naive she is as you can see in this scene. I loved the song "Kiss the Girl"....we all waited to see if Eric would kiss Ariel, and of course finally he did.
But let us not forget the villanous character in "The Little Mermaid" named Ursula, who was a cecaelia, or part woman and part octopus. She wa
s a sea witch, and even though she was meant to be nasty, she made me laugh.
s a sea witch, and even though she was meant to be nasty, she made me laugh.Of course, what I love about Disney is that there always is a happy ending, and I was just so elated when Ariel gets her voice back in this wonderful scene, and they all live happily ever after.
Happy Disney Sunday to you all! We are painting our final room today which is our bedroom, and then we are done. A celebration will be in order for sure. Enjoy your Sunday!
12 comments:
Yaaaaaaaaaaa for finishing painting! And for celebrations, thereof!
^_^
Micki, and all Disney lovers...
Please visit a lovely blog today...
For wedding gowns inspired by Disney princesses.
Aren't they dreamy?!?
Aunt Amelia
Have fun finishing up the painting. You've done so much remodeling lately, I bet the place looks new.
Micki I love little mermaid, what a wonderful post. I love how she sings A part of their world i really like that song in the movie.
Happy Sunday. Thanks for participating with me ;0)
Blessings,
Heidi
I have always loved this movie too and Ariel is wonderful. The music in this movie is still some of the best of all the Disney films I think. It's great music to clean house to! Happy Magic to you and have a terrific day!
Hi Micki! I did visit the Alabama artist, neat! Your Disney post is great! Kerrie
Hi Micki...how wonderful to learn a little more about the Disney characters...always more to it all than at first you think...Dzintra♥x
I love this movie too! My oldest son had the biggest crush on Ariel when he was about 3, it was so sweet! I have a really cute picture of him with her.
Oh I loved this blog...reminded me of when we took granddaughter to see the skating version in Toronto.
She was four years old, and when she saw Ariel....she just whispered her name and grabbed my hand..."look Nana...it's Ariel!" She was mezmerized by it. She still remembers Ariel!
ohhh one of my favorites......
I love the Little Mermaid....partly because of the great songs...but she is a redhead...like I used to be when I was younger. Thanks for sharing. Painting and me dont' mix well...but hope yours finishes up great.
Oh my gosh, it has been a few years since I watched "the little mermaid" my now not so small granddaughter loved it and we watched it over and over. hugs xxx
Post a Comment