Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dunfanaghy Parade Pics For St. Paddy's Day










































Well, here are the pics as I promised. Joe and I had lots of fun at the parade. We had green, yes green, ice cream cones while we were watching the parade. We were feeling like kids again...great craic! Hope you enjoy the pics and a Happy St. Paddy's Day again!


































































































































































40 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Micki & Joe.

Happy St. Paddy's Day. Your parade looks like fun.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Zlaty said...

Thanks for the pics Micki!

Happy St. Paddy's day to you too!

They had a parade in Philly over the weekend and it rained. I saw some of it on TV , but I am sure you had more fun to be there!

Pat said...

I loved seeing the snippets of your town's buildings in this post. I was reminded of the slight differences in some of our phrases when I saw the sign on the cafe that says "Take away" and not "Take out" (as we'd say here in the States). Thanks for posting these!

Carol said...

Looks like everyone had a good time. Loooove the antique cars :)

Mrs Quilty said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day my Irish Friend!!!! That parade looks really fun! Wonderful pics! Are you cooking up a special dinner?

Maggey and Jim said...

OHhhhhh, Looks like so much fun and a nice day.. Sun out here for first time in weeks..Happy day to you and Joe
Hugs,
Maggey

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

These are fantastic photos, I love the kids with green hair and all the pagentry coming together. And I love that green sports car that looks like an Austin Healey.
Someday I WILL visit Ireland!

Unknown said...

great pictures, happy st paddy's day to you and joe.

Liz said...

Thanks for sharing the photo's Micki, wish we were there! Happy St. Pats day to you and Joe.
Lizzie
xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Now this is the way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day....IN IRELAND! YEAH! Thank you, Micki for coming to visit with me! Have a great week! Anita

Holly Days Closet said...

OH what a fun day you had.
Holly

Sue said...

Great pics Micki, wish I was there too it looked like FUN

Gene Black said...

Clearly I need to be there for St Paddy's day one year. It looks so fun.
Like Pat, I immediately noticed the "Take Away" restaurant. (I think it is An Chistin, but the Eirecom phone box is in front of the sign.)

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki and Joe, Happy St Pats day to you....a bit of fun ....glad you had a lovely Anniversary weekend...hugs lyn

Greg said...

Thanks for the pics Micki. I'm glad someone had fun today since I had to work..

Barb said...

How fun!!!

Lois said...

Lovely photos Micki, looks like you and Joe had a great day, not sure about the green ice cream though, was it yummy?
hugs
Lois

Mama Spark said...

Looks like you had a blast!! Ireland is the place to be on St, Paddy's dy, that's for sure!!

Joy said...

What great pics, thanks Micki ...... and what a lovely place you live in too :o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks like a ton of fun! I thought one of the cars didn't have a driver (the pic clicked open real big for me) and then I realized he was on the other side!

Barb said...

Hi Micki, I hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!

Have a glorious week.

Barb ♥

Chris H said...

Why am I not surprised to see a Green Parade on your blog? lol

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh Micki this looks like so much fun in your wee village...And your Anniversary sounds a lovely day...what with Baileys in the morning...From memory you went to the pub last year too!!! Sounds a great time all round for you...Dzintra♥x

Nancy M. said...

Wow! How cool to see a St. Patrick's Day parade in a real Irish town!

Clara said...

I definitely love your post! And the pictures are wonderful, they make me dream: as you know I love Great Britain and Ireland, and the love the astonishing countryside and villages. Have a nice weekend, Clara.

Searchfamilies said...

Sounds like & looks like a great day
Hugs Janice

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Micki! Oh this looks like so much fun! We were worried about rain this year, and did not go to the parade closest to us here... I guess the luck of the Irish was with you there! LOVED the booze limo! Too FUNNY!.. Wish I could have heard the bands and bagpipes!.. Well, while it may come late, I hope you had a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!! ((hugs)) ~tina

Nanette Merrill said...

I thought of you Wed and what a great celebration you must have over there. Happy Anniversary to you, too.

Anonymous said...

Happy St Paddy's Day! I love the booze limo..LOL! What a great parade! Meagan

Abatevintage said...

Oh Micki, what wonderful pictures, I thought so much about you the other day on St.Patricks Day, I wanted to go to Ireland so bad on Patty's day and one of these days I plan to do that look ya up and you can tell me where to find all these netto places to visit.

I have missed you to.

Have a great weekend, I will try to visit more frequently sorry for the delay this classes are so hard this semester.

Hugs,
Heidi

Magia da Inês said...

Olá, amiga!
Voltei para mais uma visitinha...
Seu cantinho continua lindo, criativo e acolhedor...
Um ótimo fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you, Micki.
Your St. Patrick's Day parade looks like fun.

Kerrie said...

Thanks for your visit! I enjoyed the pictures of the parade so much, especially the pipers young and old! Sorry I missed wishing you Happy Anniversary. God Bless and hugs, Kerrie

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am such a bad blog friend. Life has been too weird for us this past few months and all I can do is apologize. **Sorry** I keep telling myself I will do better but then something gets in the way. My parents, my grandkids, my husband being out of work then disabled, my own health....None of which is a good enough excuse though. I love your comments and your stories. I will try to be a better blog buddy in the future.
★Linda

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I forgot---love the pics of your new home land. I am a sliver Irish and love to see the parades. Yours is especially nice being in the real Ireland and not just green beer and a shamrock! LOL
Can't wait to watch your seasons change. We got 3" of snow overnight and just yesterday my crocus were blooming such a gorgeous purple!
★Linda

Tara said...

St. Patrick's Day in Ireland must be such FUN! How fascinating that you have actually been to Blarney Castle! I would love to travel and see the castles of Europe, I think it would be fascinating. I hope you have a great weekend Micki and thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Looks like agreat time!! Thanks, Micki for dropping by my blog and commenting on my map showing where we visited in Ireland in 2007. We were right near you, now that we know each other I will be dropping by to see you next time!

Jackie

Judy S. said...

Looks like fun! We were flying home from Chicago that night but didn't get to see the river which they always dye green on St. Paddy's Day. Hope your day was a good one.

Susan In Texas said...

What a terrific parade; I loved the booze limo. lol I'm glad you liked the colors of the baby quilts hanging over my stairwell wall, but I can't take much credit for the fabric since it was mostly inherited stash that I'm very glad to say is mostly GONE now. Yippee!

I love all your comments on my blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Susan in Texas.

PS The people in Dallas DEFINITELY wore more green at the parade in Dallas than the actual Irish people did at your parade. lol Do you suppose they were making up for not actually being a bit Irish, except on St. Patrick's Day?

webbsway said...

O Mickie ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to take and share your pictures! They are beautiful.

Also , I had to laugh when I saw you enjoy Criminal Minds too!

If you think about it sometime - mention your weather - I would like to know how it acts as we go along.

Here in Va. Spring is here and the temperatures in the 60's and Rain - instead of snow. It always amazes me when I live through another Winter and get to see Spring again. :)