Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Card and Pic of Limited Edition of Blue Cuttlebug

I made a beautiful Spring card with my new Cuttlebug. I was dying to try this embossing procedure with the Cuttlebug where you use regular aluminum foil. I took the aluminum foil ( very carefully may I add...LOL)and embossed it with a lovely bird and leaf pattern. I then used a metallic rub on paste to give the aluminum foil a bit of a burnished look to it.The paste is called Craft-T Product Mini Rub on Kit #3. I also embossed a heart and love on it. I used the Cricut Expression to cut out the flowers and grass that is in a 3D effect. The paper is from a Stack 7 Pad..very spring like. The flower that is the focal flower, I hand cut it out, as the paper is hand dyed and very delicate. I created a shadow effect and then put a brad in the centre to embellish it.
I am really pleased with the results. I have several techniques that I want to try. I have to order fantasy film as I already have angelina fibres, and will create fantasy paper with the Cuttlebug and will explain that technique when I do it with pics of course.
Anyways, I am thrilled with the Cuttlebug. Funny enough, you can do a lot of techniques with it, and it is a very versatile machine. I had a ball creating the card!
Here is a pic of the bundle that I received. Off to take a walk with Joe.Enjoy your Tuesday!

19 comments:

Pat said...

What FUN!!!! Nothing more perfect than a walk in the beautiful Irish countryside with your love (and near the ocean, to boot) and then come home and "play" with such wonderful "toys"!!! LOL

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello Micki,
Well that really turned out nice. Looks like you are going to be creating some beautiful things.. The possibilities are endless.. Have fun and keep showing us your projects.. Love seeing all your things.
Hugs.
Maggey

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, Micki, stunning. I can see it is not just something you do quickly. Have fun!!!
PS: Loved the pictures of St. Patrick's!
And guess what word I had to type: Phili (O:

Joanne Lendaro said...

Very pretty card! I can see you are having fun with your new toy, good for you!!

Maria said...

Lovely card Micki. looks like a fun toy to play with.
Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Kath said...

Looks like great fun! I have been making a few cards lately, after finding 2 lovely books in the thrift shop. Your card is great!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Micki and it looks like you having lots of fun too :)
Hope you had a lovely walk and can't wait to see your next project :)

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful card, Micki. You are going to have fun.

Maggi said...

You are having fun. I am really enjoying watching what you create.

marina said...

that embossing tool is just super. Looks like you are mastering your new toys nicely.

Liz said...

What an expert you're becoming Micki, well done. It's great to have lots of fun with new toys isn't it? Wish I was walking in your Irish countryside today.
Lizzie
XXX

Heckety said...

That card is AMAZING! So pretty and really professional looking! You are getting to grips with the equipment really quickly! Whenever I get something new I'm almost scared to use it in case I break it, which is silly I know! I even feel like that about new dressmaking shears!!

Thank you for all your recent visits to my place, and I really appreciate your encouragement!

webbsway said...

Talk about live and learn! Do you ever rest? :)

I agree with Pat about a walk in the countryside with Joe by your side and the Ocean to boot!!!!!! Is your Winter coming on Or - well, phoo - what season are you in??? I am curious because when you speak of your and Joe's walks - it makes me feel so good and happy for you both at the same time?

Thank you , Mickie for all of your kindness and hard work.

Pat from Florida said...

Nice Micki! You are really learning to do a lot with card making and your new gadgets!

Gene Black said...

Great job on the card.

I have a new co-worker and he has a calendar with scenes from IRELAND> Needless to say, I grabbed it off the wall and looked at the picture for each month. Most of them were from County Cork, but there was one from Donegal. It is a picture of Glenveagh Cottage. There is also one of a lighthouse in Donegal. Lovely lovely places.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely card!!!!

Chris H said...

What a gorgeous card... want my address??? ha ha ha!

SewCalGal said...

Cute card Micki. I'm sure whomever receives it will appreciate it. I know I would.


SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I have a Cuttlebug too Micki. I have just been so wrapped up in quilting I haven't used it for a while. You'll get me back into it with your great cards.