I have been having a blast with my new pink Cricut Expression Machine. It is just incredible! I made a journal using the Plantin' Schoolbook which came with the machine. The other two cartridges that came with the machine won't arrive till tomorrow. I bound the journal together, and then I used the wonderful K and Company Specialty paper that arrived in the mail. Joe took a pic of the cover, which has a beautiful lady on the front ,and then took pics of each of the inside pages, two at a time and the back cover is last in the pics above. I have the pics in the order that the pages are in the journal. I don't know if you can tell, but each page has a pocket, and I already put in a tag ( on page 1) where I journalled something special. On page three, there is a castle with the word Ireland on it, and on page 7, which has Friends on the top, I added in colorful grass on the bottom, which may be hard to see. Anyways, there is a lot of detail on each page. I enjoyed adding the embellisments, including ribbon, glitter, and paints that I used.I will be including journal tags in each pocket during this year all representing special events. I dedicated most of the journal to us as a couple, and Joe, needless to say loved it all. I really enjoyed making the journal, and the Cricut was a great help. I loved doing the project, and I will be doing many more journals in the future.
The videos at The Pink Stamper really helped me so much to learn how to use my machine, and I thank Robin for all of those. She is a wonder!

I also got a Mind's Eye paper pad which had 180 sheets, and they are all very nice too, and as you can see lots of ribbon.You can see the specialty paper from K and Company which I used for the journal. I also made Joe a wee card, which is one of those "Just Because" cards that says "For Joe", and he was chuffed with it all. I am so happy to have gotten the CricutExpression!
I will be ordering tons of Tim Holtz products, as I want to make another journal for my family's really old pictures that were taken in Europe of my parents and grandparents. I will be distressing those pages and also using Rock Candy Distress Crackle paints to create lovely colours and cracks , and just using all kinds of techniques to make the journal look very ol
d.
Also, I got the Jerusalem print that I won in the OWOH giveaway. Isn't it wonderful? Robin from Around the Island Photography sent it to me, and she is quite the photographer. I wish that my parents were alive to see this one. We were all in Israel a few times, and we all loved Jerusalem, and as I said, I did my third year of college at the University of Jerusalem, and this print does mean a lot to me.
It has been a fun last few days, and I was thrilled to get into my projects again. Hope your week has been a good one so far.
28 comments:
You have been making some amazing things Micki. I have no idea what a Cricut Expression is or does but you are obviously making it work beautifully.
Micki, You've been busy and it sounds like you are having fun. Love what you created with your Cricut! Enjoy
It looks like you have had a great time! yet another hobby for you (O:
Have fun (I'm sure you will!)
You are doing such wonderful work already with that....can only imagine what kind of work you'll churn out after you have had it for awhile longer!!!
Hi Miki!
Wow, you are very talented!
I love all your new art pieces!
hugz
Pam
Oh Micki, what wonderful things you have made. I can see you are having fun with it.
Willow
Your pages look great! I'm jealous of your cricut! I love K & Co. paper -- it's my very favorite line (Anna Griffin is next)...Have fun!
good to see you inspired and industrious again!
Looks like fun.
cheers
Marina
Wow - such fun and so wonderful. You are very creative. You are going to enjoy this for a long long time.
Oh Micki, Just lovely Journal!
I had so much fun looking at the pictures! Looking forward many more!
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Zlaty
Wow! You have been busy! Lovely job on your journal!
You have been busy with your new cricut...the journal is gorgeous. I think mail time is an exciting time at your house :)
Beautiful work, Micki.
My goodness, Micki. You have been busy again. Looks like you are having lots of fun with your new Machine.
Wow! The things you have made look awesome!
stunning work Micki, so nice to see you up and about and enjoying yourself!!
Wow Micki you are really into it!!!
I am loving everything you have made - I think I need a cricut now too, lol!
Wow!!! You have been having fun and everything looks fabulous!
These look fabulous, love the colours
:)
Anne xx
WOW!! You are getting the gist of that machine quickly.. What nice collages you have made and like the journal.. Keep creating and we will keep watching.. Have fun...
Maggey
You´ve already mastered your pink Cricut and showed it who is the boss there. You won´t let a machine frighten you! Congratulations. Keep it working for you, and thanks for your encouraging comments on my primitive skills!!
Your journal pages are so beautiful!
Lovely journal Micki!
Looks like you're having a lot of fun :)
Wow Micki ... they look fabulous!!! You really are a clever chook!!!
Great piccy taking too Joe :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy ;o)
I'm so glad you are loving your CE! You are making some wonderful things with it.
Hi Micki,
It's lovely to hear from you! :)
My, you have been busy and very productive!!! I love that Jerusalem print too.
Also, do you mind very much if I added you to my blogroll?
I am so glad you are having fun with your new toy! the pages of your journal are great...
Post a Comment