
One of the best ways to celebrate St. Paddy's Day is to make Irish dishes and then of course to celebrate and have fun.You know what they say, " There are only two kinds of people in the world: The Irish and those who wish they were." Everyone wants to be Irish on St. Paddy's Day...so to help you celebrate with good Irish food, here is a recipe for Guiness and Chocolate Brownies. If you love chocolate and Guiness, this is for you.It is a favorite here during holiday celebrations....very decadently yummy.Enjoy the recipe!
Here it goes........
Chocolate Guiness Brownies
Ingredients:4 eggs, 3/4 cup superfine sugar, 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped 6 tablespoons unsalted butter ,3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup cocoa 1 1/4 cups Guinness stout, Confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8-inch-square pan. In an electric mixer, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and beat into the egg mixture.Sift the flour and cocoa together and beat into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the Guinness. Pour into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. To serve, dust the cake with confectioners' sugar and cut into squares. Serves 8 to 10
Then, if you want to have a very comforting drink, nothing beats Traditional Irish Coffee. Here is how to make it:
1 1/2 tsp. sugar per glass
hot coffee
1 1/2 oz. Irish whiskey per glass
lightly whipped cream, 3 Tbsp. per glass
freshly grated nutmeg
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
Assemble four or more Irish Coffee glasses. In each glass combine 1 1/2 tsp sugar with enough hot coffee to dissolve the sugar. Tp each glass add 1 1/2 oz. (one jigger) Irish whiskey. Fill glasses to within 1 inch of the top with hot coffee. Float 3 Tbsp. whipped cream on top and sprinkle the cream with freshly grated nutmeg, if desired
I found this on You Tube...It's about last year's St. Paddy's Day parade, and there is a great song about St. Patrick himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKlsQk46Di8 You will love the scenes of the Dublin, which by the way is my husband's hometown. Enjoy it all...
It will get you into the spirit of the holiday.
As far as the Irish themselves, Irish people love to joke about themselves. In fact, a great deal of St. Patrick's Day humor is found in toasts raised by the Irish. I think that is what I love about the Irish..their incredible sense of humour. They just love to celebrate, laugh and have fun.
I will be posting pics of our wee parade in Dunfanaghy. Hope you enjoy the pics and in Gaelic, Happy St. Paddy's Day is said like this: La Fheile Padraig Sona Duit
We have a lot to celebrate this month: Sunday is our anniversary; St. Paddy's Day is on the 17th, and Joe's birthday is on the 21st. What a month!
Chocolate Guiness Brownies
Ingredients:4 eggs, 3/4 cup superfine sugar, 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped 6 tablespoons unsalted butter ,3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup cocoa 1 1/4 cups Guinness stout, Confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8-inch-square pan. In an electric mixer, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and beat into the egg mixture.Sift the flour and cocoa together and beat into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the Guinness. Pour into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. To serve, dust the cake with confectioners' sugar and cut into squares. Serves 8 to 10
Then, if you want to have a very comforting drink, nothing beats Traditional Irish Coffee. Here is how to make it:
1 1/2 tsp. sugar per glass
hot coffee
1 1/2 oz. Irish whiskey per glass
lightly whipped cream, 3 Tbsp. per glass
freshly grated nutmeg
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
Assemble four or more Irish Coffee glasses. In each glass combine 1 1/2 tsp sugar with enough hot coffee to dissolve the sugar. Tp each glass add 1 1/2 oz. (one jigger) Irish whiskey. Fill glasses to within 1 inch of the top with hot coffee. Float 3 Tbsp. whipped cream on top and sprinkle the cream with freshly grated nutmeg, if desired
I found this on You Tube...It's about last year's St. Paddy's Day parade, and there is a great song about St. Patrick himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKlsQk46Di8 You will love the scenes of the Dublin, which by the way is my husband's hometown. Enjoy it all...
It will get you into the spirit of the holiday.
As far as the Irish themselves, Irish people love to joke about themselves. In fact, a great deal of St. Patrick's Day humor is found in toasts raised by the Irish. I think that is what I love about the Irish..their incredible sense of humour. They just love to celebrate, laugh and have fun.
I will be posting pics of our wee parade in Dunfanaghy. Hope you enjoy the pics and in Gaelic, Happy St. Paddy's Day is said like this: La Fheile Padraig Sona Duit
We have a lot to celebrate this month: Sunday is our anniversary; St. Paddy's Day is on the 17th, and Joe's birthday is on the 21st. What a month!
23 comments:
happy st. patty's day, anniversary and birthday to joe.
I love St Patrick's Day. I think the brownies sound delish. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Micki! What a great post! I'd LOVE to try making these brownies! I think it's great FUN learning how to say things in the Irish/Gaelic language too! Thanks for sharing! ~tina
Wow you certainly have a month of celebrations. Happy Anniversary :-)
What a great month for you Micki...Happy Anniversary...Happy St Paddy's Day (I know this is a big celebration for you) and...
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Joe
Happy Birthday to you
Enjoy all the celebrations and have one for me...Dzintra♥x
It certainly is a month of celebration for you! Congrats and enjoy!!
How wonderful...going to try that recipe...Have a great, fun and creative weekend.
xoxox
Happy coming Anniversary!!!
And Chocolate Guiness Brownies! Oh my, but you are *baddddddddddd*! -grin-
Chocolate and beer? Now that does sound Irish, and I may just try it. Enjoy all the celebrations.
I have had those brownies, and the only problem I see, is that I would drink the Guiness before I mix it in!!!! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs!!
Pam
Yes, what a month of celebrating for you!!! Have a great time.
Thanks for the recipes Micki! Tho I'm not Irish, St Paddy is the patron saint of my former profession so always a special day.
Enjoy all your celebrations this week. :)
I have some cookbooks from when we visited Ireland. They mention super-fine sugar and caster (spelling??) sugar. I've never made those recipes as I'm not sure what would be the equivalent in the U.S. Would you be able to enlighten me about that?? Enjoy your week of celebrating, too!
Congrats are in order for the month...Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday to Joe..and a Happy St Patrick's day...
I have an Iris son-in-law,,who has given us gorgeous grand children..
Julia ♥
My daughter who's Irish-Chinese (The chinese part comes from me:]) attended St Pat Day Parade many years ago in Perth, Australia. She came back and announced that Soda Bread is yuckky because there's soap inside. But potato bread is 'supper yummy'. I tried making from recipes but my daughter said mine are nothing like the one she ate. Ouch!
Happy celebrations Micki!
Thanks for sharing the recipes :D
Well congratulations on all those celebrations! Thank you for the wonderful recipes, too -- especially the brownies! 'May just have to try those! I'm in a baking mood!
Happy Anniversary, and Happy Birthday to Joe, AND Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)
I love the guinness/ brownie recipe.....I will try that one!
Last year my Husband was in New York for the St Patricks day parade. This year he will be with me and we will try some traditional recipes. He also has a tie that says "Kiss me, I'm Irish" just in case I need a reason!
Hello Micki,
I remember your pictures from last year.. Really looked fun and how colorful everything was.. I will be fixin' cabbage and sausage for my Irishman.. He loves it..
Have a good one..
Hugs,
Maggey
Happy St Patricks Day, Micki! Top o' the mornin' to ya!
Have a great day, and don't eat too many of those brownies! xxxx
Thank you for the wonderful recipes. I hope you and your family have a great Saint Patrick's Day!!! Happy anniversary and Happy birthday Joe....
Post a Comment