Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Lovely Walk and Two Cards I Made









Joe and I took a walk to New Lake. We passed some fields where some sheep were, and lo and behold, there were the cutest lambs that were just born, happily walking the fields with their mothers. Pics had to be taken. New Lake is beautiful as you can see. If you see the dunes in the distance, we often walk across the dunes to go to a very remote beach called Tramore Beach. The walk round trip is 8 miles, so normally, we take a lunch with us and sit on the beach which is gorgeous, as you can see Tory Island in the distance.
It is a long hike, up many dunes to get to Tramore, and 8 miles is a long way, but here is what we see from the last dune...something very magical.
Well, I decided to make a card about Ireland in honour of our
walk. I have embossed alot of the card, and this definitely makes me think of Ireland in the spring...lots of green, flowers, and sheep of course...LOL
I also made an embossed card of things that I love: a turtle, dragonfly, flower, and a heart. It looks like spring, but it is a bit cool here still, but the sun was shining, and you couldn't help but smile.





40 comments:

Maggi said...

What stunning scenery. Lambs are definitely a sign that Spring is here. Lovely cards.

Carol said...

Beautiful photographs. Well worth the hike :) Love the turtle card.

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Micki! Oh, going for walks there does sound wonderful!... The photos you took are beautiful, and it's so nice of you to share them with those of us who can only dream of being there! Love the baby sheep! ~tina

Beansieleigh said...

oops! I forgot! I wanted to say how cute your cards are too! (0;

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and a lovely walk, wish I was there

Jackie McGuinness said...

OMG! Sheep are my very favourite. You just reminded me to post a scrap page I did on Irish sheep!
these were taken right close by where you live!
And I LUV your pics!

Barb said...

You walk is wonderful....thanks for taking me with you...love the cards!!

Needled Mom said...

What a wonderful walk! The cards are beautiful as well.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The scenery is so beautiful! I've traveled over much of Ireland but have yet to get to Donegal ..and the funny thing is I think my Irish ancestors may be from there. Hopefully someday I'll make it up to that area.

Your cards are perfect!

The French Bear said...

Aww the little lambs are so sweet, how wonderful to walk about and see signs of spring!!! Are these cards made with your new cricut? We are still in the thick of winter here, it was sunny and warm two days ago!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Dena said...

Tramore Beach is worth the 8 mile walk. Absolutely breathtaking!

You did a beautiful job on your cards and the lambs are precious. Thank you for sharing!

Patty said...

Ireland certainly is beautiful, I'll bet yo never walk that much when you were in the states. Your cards are really

Gene Black said...

I love your "walks in Ireland."I can almost smell the crisp fresh air.
Thanks.

Liz said...

Lovely photo's Micki, it's nice to see spring pics from your side of the world. The scenery is really stunning.
Lizzie
XXX

Daffycat said...

Micki the lambs are so charming! Spring must be here!

Soggibottom said...

Turtles always have my vote :-) x x x

Miriam said...

Gorgeous photographs. I really love the last one.

The turtle card is cute!

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! both cards and babies.. and what a lovely scenery you get to enjoy.

SewCalGal said...

What a wonderful day. I do love springtime with little lambs running about. And your cards are absolutely lovely.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Nancy M. said...

How gorgeous it is there! I would love to be able to visit someday! The cards are beautiful also! I love the detail!

Stephanie Hughes said...

I love the photos and love the cards too. Great way to create a special card for someone. I have a neighbor down the street that just found out she has breast cancer. You gave me the idea to make a handmade quilted card for her. Thanks!

The Old White Barn said...

These are gorgeous photos - you make me start dreaming the dream again! Love your cards. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment about our latest rescue dog. I have no doubt you would have done the same thing I did! Best wishes,
Susan

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

such a beautiful place! 8 miles would be a killer though.
★Linda

retdairyqueen said...

Gret cards Well done

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the water views! It's just gorgeous there. I can see why you want to hike so far. Great cards too!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...magical just like you say, but that's how I think of Ireland!!! Great cards you are making there...and that lamb reminded me of the lambs we used to have...Dzintra♥x

Tammy said...

Awwwwww! those little lambs are so precious.
Beautiful scenery Micki how wonderful that you can enjoy it :)
Your cards are great Micki, you look like you are having so much fun!

Maria said...

Just divine scenery, well worth the 8 mile walk.

The lambs are just so cute with Mum in the green fields.

Gorgeous cards

Orcsmom said...

I love this time of year around us also, all the new lambs and pigglets. They are too cute!! What a lovely walk to be taken! I love taking walks with my hubby. That is our neutral time together, no complaints, no gripes, just enjoying the time together. Your cards turned out adorable! Enjoy Spring!!

Hugs!
Pam

Laurie said...

Micki, I loved all the photos from St. Patricks Day up to this post -- thank you for posting them! I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Bia, from Brazil said...

You´ve addressed me two compliments in just one sentence! That´s much more than I deserve. Tks anyway.

You often say your place is magical. That´s how I feel it must be, from the literature I´ve read and now from your posts and the pictures you show. Imagery needs constant feeding. Tks for that too.

Bia, from Brazil said...

This one is just to say I love the cards. See you´re having fun with your new toy!
A soulmate, sheep in the front yard plus a cricut! You´re the happiest gal in the world. Enjoy it!

cottonreel said...

When Bluebell returns from her holiday she will Photo shoot me in a pic of the dress, keep tuned------cottonreel

Unknown said...

Ah Micki, I've been busy and not dropped by for a bit so missed a lot. I love to see sheep, which is why I sometime visit "Getting Stitched on the Farm" who is a prolific knitter and she has some fabulous sheep and lamb photos from her farm.
I just don't do the fiddly little things like cards, but admire those of you who have the dexterity.

Miriam said...

Its me again!

I want to let you know I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Congratulations! The award is for bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity. Thank you for the inspiration!
Take a look at your award on my blog.
http://yellowrosequilts.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You live in such a beautiful area! What a way to spend your afternoons. I would love to have a picnic on a remote area of a beach. It sounds wonderful ♥ Your cards are so pretty. I think it's really special that you make them. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Judy S. said...

Love the photos, Micki
!

Thearica said...

Beautiful scenery! Spring IS in the air....my most favorite season...Such a time of renewal and rebirth.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

Colleen Barnett said...

Looks like you are putting all your new goodies to work. Looks great! Some lovely stuff coming out of your blog site now. Can't wait to see what's next!

Take care and stay well.

xx

Anonymous said...

Micki - beautiful scenery, and that Ireland card is just darling.