
I was invited to join in the Global Quilt Project, and I was asked to make 12x12 inch blocks, which will be put into a quilt that will be auctioned to benefit the Central Africa Republic. Quilters from all over the world are joining in, so why don't you also consider joining and donating some blocks. I will be busy sewing the blocks this week. I would like to send them as soon as possible. It is definitely a worthy cause, and I am happy to be part of it.
15 comments:
I am so glad you mentioned that....I had an email tooo and deleted it by mistake...I was telling my husband, in yahoo I can't retreive my deletes...so now I have the link again...thanks!!
I believe I am going to give this a try, too. Thanks for the link. (I guess they don't care what color blocks you send???? I glanced quickly and didn't see any guidelines about that...just saw the two size options they are wanting.)
I'm glad you joined the global quilt project. I used to do that for other organization - Hugs Nat
Would love to join in. HOW do I Micki.
I did some blocks last year for the fire victims in Australia's bush fires... it is a lovely thing to do.
As I am so busy right now with other projects I will have to pass on doing blocks for this cause. Sorry.
OH and my sewing machine is broken again.... goodness knows when I will get it back!
And (very quietly) I have a new grandbaby on the way and want to get on to the Noah's Ark quilt for him/her too! shush shush though, it's early days!
What a fab idea! I made hexagons for the ladies who lost their homes and their quilts in the Australian Bushfire. I will check out this link. Maybe our blocks will end up side by side! Kath x
I love helping out,too. I joined up. BTW, Micki, I loved the quilt show blog. I need to attend one around here. So much inspiration!!
Thank you for the post! GlobalChange.Me is in awe of the wonderful response we have received from the quilting communities around the world. I told my husband the other day, if anyone needs their faith in humanity renewed, all they need do is reach out to quilters. What a wonderful group of men and women who possess a common bond that ties them together and that transcends all cultural boundaries. You are an inspiration to me and I am extremely grateful for all of the support you have given to the people we serve in Central African Republic.
Amy Allen
CEO
Global Change, Inc
www.globalchange.me
Wonderful! What a great thing to be apart of. I look forward to seeing your piece.
What a lovely venture & to be a part of it.
Have a beau-TEA-ful week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon
I joined too! Thanks for posting the info. Once of the things I wanted to do this year is donate blocks and make a quilt to donate to a good cause. I always feel so blessed that I figured I should share the blessings.
Great idea, Micki. Missed wishing you a happy birthday. Sounds like you had a great day. Belated happy wishes!
O Micki!
What a wonderful event for you and So worthy! It is so nice to be able to share your talent and your love.I think it always comes back to you .
Micki,
Thank you for joining our Global Quilt project. We welcome all quilters to join. You can visit our website at www.globalchange.me and look at the Global Quilt Tab. We are so excited about this project and I am updating our site as fast as I can to add the new quilters. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this project or the mission it will serve.
Thank you.
Amy Allen
amy@globalchange.me
Micki,
So sorry you've been sick, but glad you are getting better. I'm so glad you mentioned this project. I plan to participate.
Post a Comment