Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just Because and More


Joe came home with roses for me...just because. I love roses, and I was so thrilled with the surprise. He is a dote! They are sitting on our little kitchen table, and the scent is out of this world. We have been married since 1997 when I fell in love with him and started my life in Ireland. We both discovered Donegal County and decided to live here. What a guy!

Anyways, that was a great way to begin my day. I also got a package from Kelly from IHAN. She is my guardian angel in many ways...as a friend, and also my online store that I go to for many things I need. I am getting EQ7 from her this month, as I am taking the EQ7 course at Quilt University, so that should be fun.
I had ordered prior to that a DVD by Sharon Pederson called Reversible Quilts. It tells you how to use the quilting as you go technique to make reversible quilts. When you are living in a small traditional Irish cottage, there is an issue with space and room. This technique will help me to stop making those huge quilts that you have to pin up and then take to the machine and with great difficulty machine quilt. I will be able to do each block seperately and then have it finished to be reversible. I can't wait to try it.
I also got from Kelly a GO Heart Die perfect for Valentine's Day coming up.

Thanks for everyone who has been visiting my OWOH post and coming to see my blog. Welcome to all and to my regulars, thanks for your lovely comments on my new blog makeover. Madame Samm is the bomb. She is so talented!

39 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh what a dote Micki!!! Dzintra

Nancy said...

What lovely roses. You are a lucky girl!

Shelly said...

Joe is so romantic! You're so right that reversible quilts save us from having to do all the laying out and basting work.

Unknown said...

Beautiful roses! Lucky you.

Gene Black said...

Hmmm. I will have to check into the Reversible Quilts.

Orcsmom said...

Beautiful roses!! Hope life has been treating you and Joe well. I have been doing a lot of applique lately and some small quilt projects. Our weather is finally turning somewhat towards Spring, meaning, less fog, more sunshine, which is always good for my soul!! Take care, and big hugs sent over to ya!!

Pam

Maria said...

I think he is a keeper.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I'm so glad your package arrived safely. Sounds like you are married to just the right fella for you.

Roses, a blog makeover and now some new techniques...Girl you got it goin' on!

Smiles,
Kelly

Terrie Sandelin said...

What a sweet guy!

Gloria said...

Ahh, I can smell them now. Beautiful.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Micki, thanks for all you lovely comments.
Love the new look blog ;-)
Wonderful roses.
Good luck with the new DVD
Anne xx

WoolenSails said...

What a sweetheart. I don't get any, since I told my husband that I don't want flowers, lol. Sometimes he does though and I do like a pretty bouquet to have in the winter for a pick me up.

My treats are him driving me to stores and being a good sport, though I think he enjoys talking to the ladies while I shop, lol.

Debbie

Wacky Woman said...

Very sweet of Joe. Sharon Pederson is a great teacher.

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki, beautiful roses..and love the makeover from Madam Samm...Hugs Lyn

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

How lovely, the roses are beautiful. Enjoy your day!

Greg said...

If you ever get tired of Joe, you can send him to us!! Good luck with EQ7, you're going to love it.

Merilyn said...

Roses will do it everytime, especially when it is 'just because'!!! I too will have to look into the QAYG method, since I made those blocks for the Queensland Flood Relief, I haven't a clue how you would put them together! Also love your 'new look', very fresh!

Melissa ;-) said...

Awwww, what a sweet guy!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh precious Micki,

Joe is a prince! Flowers, DANCING and just sweeping you away to Donegal is what the magic is all about. He KNOWS HOW TO DANCE TO THE MUSIC OF LIVE AND LOVE and to make you feel like a queen. Thank you for visiting today dear heart, and enjoy the MONTH OF LOVE!!!! Anita

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Micki! Love the new look of your blog, and especially your new little blog button! How CUTE is THAT?!!!.. As for those beautiful roses.. I may have said this before, but I think that Joe is definitely a keeper! I'd hang on to him if I were you! (0; Have a good night! ~tina

Judy S. said...

Love your new header, Micki! That Joe of yours is definitely a keeper.

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Beautiful roses Micki. I hope that you are planning on keeping Joe.
You have one of my favorites on your music. The fields of Athenry. It is so such a sad song.

Chris H said...

WOW... awesome blog makeover! Love it.
Stew often brings home flowers for me 'just because' too!
We are lucky to have such loving men eh? *smiles*

Joanne Lendaro said...

What a sweetie, but we knew that already! Love the blog makeover!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Lucky - my husband needs to learn that random flowers are the best flowers.

Love the new look, and thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate it - sometimes you are the only one!

Anonymous said...

My favorite flower is also the rose. I love your new lay out of your blog.

Soggibottom said...

I won't moan, as I get roses too, although these are beauties :-) x x x

Ziggyeor said...

Lovely flowers, what a guy you have!

stock trading said...

This post is nice,and colorful .Thanks for sharing.

stock trading said...

This post is nice,and colorful .Thanks for sharing.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

The flowers are beautiful but the heart die is what caught my eye right away. Joe is such a sweetie even after all these years. Such a keeper!

Kim D. said...

Wow, those flowers are gorgeous, what a nice hubby you have.

Theodora quilts said...

wow Micky I thought I was at another blog just didn't recognize it I love how it looks ,did your hubby buy the roses or did he pick them ?? I am joking ofcourse roses are not in bloom right now, I also have a problem with space I can't wait to see you try out the reversible quilt as you go I have seen it on blog land somewhere ,wish you luck with all of your new goodies and thanks for stopping buy ,theodora

webbsway said...

O - O - O Micki!!!!
I totally ADORE your new blog look! The colors are beautiful and I love sheep and those are so precious.

The roses are so beautiful ! How very thoughtful of Joe. I think he should offer a class in "how to make your marriage survive".He is so very special . The miracle of you two finding each other is just amazing to me. Talk about finding "a needle in a haystack"! :)

Maggi said...

Joe is just so thoughtful. You are going to love EQ7 and the Sharon Pedersen method is so quick and easy.

Colleen Barnett said...

How spoiled are you! Lovely roses, Micki. Wonderful man you have. He's a keeper!

Joyce said...

Beautiful! I came across your blog a few weeks ago and wondered how in the world you all ended up in Donegal!! I've been there and it's LOVELY....so jealous over here in the Bayou!
Thanks for telling your tale. I've love to know more. HA!

Ivory Spring said...

Micki,

You do have the sweetest husband!

Loralynn said...

How sweet! There's nothing better than flowers for absolutely no reason at all!!!