Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Vagabond Has Arrived in the UK and My Miniature Quilt is Finished


I was reading Tim Holtz's blog , and suddenly discovered that he was going to be on QVC UK. He told his bloggers that the Vagabond was available now on QVC UK....I couldn't believe it! I immediately went to the site and ordered it, and luckily got it on three easy payments. I am so happy, as I have been waiting months for the Vagabond to arrive.

The Vagabond is a die cutting and embossing machine. It cuts through everything, including metal , chipboard, grunge paper, several layers of fabric...name it, and it is electric...no cranking. The motor is incredibly powerful. I will be using it mostly for making art journals and tags, and anything else I creatively think of making. It cuts the AccuQuilt dies too, but I have the GO for that.

If you want to truly get inspired or are interested in getting into this type of artwork, you will truly learn so much from Tim Holtz. His videos are amazing where he demonstrates how to use all of his products, and his book A Compendium of Curiosities is wonderful.
I took a lot of media art courses at college, and really love working with all the wonderful mediums and paints.I feel a bit like Doctor Frankenstein in a lab when I mix all the components to create the wonderful backgrounds for my journal pages. My mom was an artist too , and we went to museums many times, and both my parents always encouraged my artwork. My mom was a seamstress too and taught me how to sew and design my own clothes, so I am grateful for all that she taught me.
Anyways, do I sound excited? The Vagabond will be here next week, and boy am I looking forward to it. The look of it is so neat too....just like a suitcase, and check out the stickers on it. I will also be ordering this week some of his latest dies and embossing folders and some other supplies.

Thanks to Tim for giving us all the heads up on his blog! I have been enjoying the shows on QVC UK today...The man is a genius!

I finished my miniature quilt that I am giving to my swap partner, and I will have to mail it off....I can't show it to you yet...don't want to spoil the surprise, but I was glad to have it done.

17 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Oh that is great Micki.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

this all looks very interesting micki...i have never heard of it...dzintra

Needled Mom said...

That sounds really interesting. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

WoolenSails said...

Lucky you, that is the one I wanted to get.
I was too impatient to wait and wish I hadn't.

Debbie

Gene Black said...

Looks like you will be busy having fun when it gets there!

Lurline said...

Must follow closely, Micki - I'm a bit confused so it will be intersting to see what you achieve!
Hugs and best wishes - Lurline♥

insurance quotes. said...

T his all looking very interesting Micki, I'm a bit confused so it will be intersting to see what you achieve!

Merilyn said...

Wow! what an interesting box of tricks!!! look forward to seeing a bit more of it when it arrives - I have never heard of it!

Orcsmom said...

Can't wait to see what happens in your lab!!! Hugs!!

Pam

Barb said...

That is exciting....enjoy!! You have some fun toys over there!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading about Tim Holtz on a number of blogs, his work and his products, and have to admit I didn't have a clue about him. Now that I know more, I guess it's because I don't do paper art of any kind. However, I know some who do and will pass along this information. I'll be watching for new, greatly creative things on your blog!

crafty creations said...

I've ordered it too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and can't wait for it to arrive - I already have lots of his dies and to be able to use them with cork, leather and wood as well as grungeboard and cardstock is amazing x Hilda

Nicole Morris said...

Can't wait to see what you make with the new machine! and to see the secret mini!

Cathi ONeill said...

Micki, remember me, the American quilter down in Killaloe in Clare? Dear Jane quilter...knitter...and now as of this month, the owner of a Silhouette SD die cutter and a Sizzix Big Shot, so hopefully a cardmaker in the making... The Vagabond is so cool looking! Do you think my Big Shot might be able to use accuquilt dies? I bought a sizzix quilting die, but the accuquilt ones have more choice...I read somewhere you have to hack a quarter inch off to go through the big shot but maybe the vagabond is wider! Just found your blog again and found your Israeli experiences fascinating...I was there for a month followed by a month in Egypt...nearly married an Israeli myself, but escaped!

webbsway said...

O Micki-
There is always so much going on in your life! I love it all-I love your teaching stories. You never know when your "words" help somebody else along the way. : )

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Micki
I cannot wait to see what you create with this - you are one lucky lady! :)

Katie :o) said...

Wow! So very creative! Love it :o) Have fun with your new machine! (love the crazy pincushion, too!)