Friday, February 25, 2011

My Crazy Pincushion is FInished!


I finished my crazy pincushion, and it is nicely stuffed and hand sewn. I love it! No, I will not use it for sticking my pins into it as I said...It will just be a decorative item.
I made it nice and plump, and I just love it!
QVC UK charged our credit card for the first easy payment, so the Tim Holtz Vagabond machine should be here soon. Yeah!!!!! As it is called the Vagabond, I am naming it Bojangles. This month, I will be ordering items to complete a diary journal that I will make for myself for 2011, and also one for Joe, which I am naming "Ten Things I Love About You"....I thought it would make a cute journal. He jokingly said he was surprised that I came up with 10 things that I love about him. I love so many things about him.! Yes, he was kidding, but I could have made the journal endless, but 10 pages will be just perfect.

The weekend is upon us...Joe and I went out to our favorite coffee shop called Muck and Muffins to have the best Bewley's coffee ever. If you do visit here, you have to have a Bewley's coffee...It is so delicious. Enjoy your weekend!

30 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your pincushion. Really cute. It's nice that you have Joe to do things with. Seems like you have fun together.

Irina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irina said...

That's a lovely pincushion! I should make a new one for myself...
I thought of you the other day... when I found an old canvas bag that I bought in the health shop in Dunfanaghy 3 years ago! it has a green vegetable face embroidered on it, do you know it?

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pin cushion.
I look forward to hearing about your experience with the vagabond.

Debbie

Marie said...

YOur pincushion is sooo cute. I love it. That is so great that you are journaling and Joe too. Have a great weekend. Hugs,Marie

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your pin-cushion, Micki! It's so colorful, and actually I don't think I'd call it a pin-cushion if it was mine. Call it a "soft sculpture" instead!

Dawn N. said...

That is such a fun pincushion! I love the colors and I agree, I wouldn't actually want put pins in it. :) It's a piece of art!

Elsina said...

Love your pincushion! I need to make one too! I follow your blog but somehow it doesn't show up in my google reader. I have no idea why not? hugs, elsina

Quilt Doodles said...

What a cute pin cushion!

Merilyn said...

You have done a great job on your pincushion - I love the way you have decorated it, I don't blame you for not wanting to stick pins into it LOL!

Orcsmom said...

Love your pincushion! I plan on a very relaxed weekend here in Northern California. We are in the middle of a huge winter storm, and might even get a few snow flakes here in the valley! I will be in front of the fireplace stitching and drinking tea! Hugs!!

Pam

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

CUTE pincushion! Love the idea to do a journal of ten things you love about Joe! Can't wait to see it!

Linda in Arkansas said...

This is so darn cute!! I really like it!!

KatieQ said...

I don't think I could bear to stick a pin in your new pincushion either. How are you ever going to narrow down the things you love about Joe to only 10? I could probably come up with 10 and I only know about him from your blog.

Wacky Woman said...

I love that pincushion Micki. I hope to visit your coffee shop one day.

Susan In Texas said...

Your pincushion is darling! I love the colors. I don't think a few decorative pins would hurt it, enhance it maybe even.

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

Gene Black said...

I hope you are going to share the ten things with us.

Maria said...

Your pincushion is gorgeous Micki.

Oh how I would love a coffee at Muck and Muffin. to visit Ireland would be a dream come true.

Chris H said...

It is adorable.... I'm glad you are not using it... so pretty.
I would love a Vagabond... sadly even if I could find them in New Zealand it just ain't in the budget this year!
*sigh*... schooling for the kids comes first.... but that's OK... my grandkids come first always.

I don't drink coffee... DIET COKE is 'it' for me! I will take your word for it that the coffee in your coffee shop is wonderful.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a sweet idea for the journals.

Have a great weekend!

Soggibottom said...

I'm here, especially to see that pin cushion :-) x x x

Simone de Klerk said...

What a darling finish, Micki!
I hope I will be able to try that coffee one day (o:
Have a lovely Sunday.

patchworkdelights said...

Well done love your pin cushion! Fi

Anjaliebtrosa said...

WHAT a coulorful pincushion!! Congratulations from Germany!

Liebe Grüße
von Anja

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so glad to hear Bojangles is on his way. I know you've been waiting a long time!

I think the challenge will be picking ONLY 10 things!

snore stop said...

That is so great that you are journaling and Joe too. Have a great weekend. Hugs,Marie.

Joanne said...

Your pincushion turned out so cute! It must have been fun to make.

Janet said...

I love your pincushion...it's so colourful. I'm just starting a crazy pincushion in a round robin. I'm really looking forward to this project as I think they are so cute.

Micmacker said...

That pincushion is sooo cute!

insurance quotes. said...

We are in the middle of a huge winter storm, and might even get a few snow flakes here in the valley! I will be in front of the fireplace stitching and drinking tea! Hugs!!