Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Geisha Block Completed


I began my geisha quilt, and I completed the machine stitching of the first geisha block from the Blackwork Collection. The background fabric is Michael Miller's Creamsicle Fairy Frost . For the stabilizers, I ironed Madeira's Stable to the back of the block and put Madeira Soft Cotton in the hoop. I loved the simplicity of the design and how well it stitched out. I will purchase oriental fabric for the sashing, borders and backing from Shibori Dragon which you can see at

http://www.shiboridragon.com/. It will take 30 blocks to make a double sized quilt. I will make 25 geisha blocks, then use oriental flower designs for four corner blocks, and for the middle of the quilt machine stitch a pagoda.


I am going to have a lot of fun making this quilt!

3 comments:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Micki,
It's going to be beautiful when it's finished. I know you will enjoye working on it. How's the knitting coming along?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! are you using an embroidery machine to make them?
I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Cris Uchoas said...

MARAVILHOSO seu trabalho, inclusive seu blog é todo lindo.
Tens mãos de fada!
Parabéns!
Abraços ´cá do Brasil!

WONDERFUL their work, including your blog is all beautiful.
You hands of fairy!
Congratulations!
Hug from Brazil!