Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Teacup Wallhanging and Surprise Gift


I finally finished my teacup wallhanging. All the teacups were paper pieced, and I bought a lovely magenta red batik fabric for the sashing that matches our kitchen curtain. I then used a black wool fabric for the border and then again used a different red cotton for the binding. It is now hanging in our kitchen, and it has really brightened our kitchen.
Then at around 1 PM, the mailman came, I had a surprise from my friend Dzintra in Australia. She sent me a lovely housewarming card, and a folk doll pin that I decided to put on a large pin cushion that I had, as I always have the cushion near me when I sew. I can look at it whenever I sew and smile. Thanks so much! The doll had that extra plus personality on her face, and it was definitely a very unique pin.It was indeed a wonderful surprise gift!




8 comments:

Pam said...

That is very cute little doll pin. Such a nice gift.

Love the little teacup wallhanging. Such a cute little teacup with the moon and the stars. Are you all settled in the new house?

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Love the wall hanging.. and that doll is adorable.

Four Smiles said...

A lovely wallhanging youhave done a great job piecing it! What a sweet housewarming gift!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Glad you liked her Micki...she suits the cushion very well!!! Dzintra

Anne Marie said...

I just love Show n' Tell! The wall hanging is beautiful and is perfect for a kitchen especially in Ireland where tea is just another thread in the fabric of our lives!!! I am emailing you details of the quilt retreat that we are throwing together! It would be lovely if we can all get together! Cheers!!!

Kath said...

Love your little doll pin, you are a lucky girl!
Your tea cup wall hanging is so pretty. My Irish in-laws always have a pot of tea brewing! love Kath www.railwaycottage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged.. check out my blog

Maggi said...

Tea cup hanging is lovely - no doubt you will get lots of people dropping by for a cuppa. The doll looks as though it was made for the pin cushion.