Thursday, January 22, 2009

January Star


I decided to highlight some of the wonderful friends whom I have met , and I am starting with a dear friend named Kath, who lives in England. She is as beautiful inside, as well as outside.Kath is my January Star, and each month , I will highlight another person in my blog.
She has graciously filled out a questionnaire that I gave her, and enjoy her wonderful answers.


Kath's Interview:

· A Bit About Me:
·I live with my family and my 2 rescue dogs in the Chiltern hills, South of England. I have a job which I love, working with vulnerable adults, some with learning disabilities, some are elderly. I do voluntary work for the rescue where we adopted our dogs. I am passionate about recycling and never throw anything away, if it can possibly be re-used. I come from a big family, with 3 of my 4 grandparents being Welsh. I love hippy clothes and my favourite colours are jewel colours.
·

What Inspires Me:
. People. Their bravery, wisdom, kindness and optimism.

· What I Love to Do the Most Creatively:
· Sewing, drawing, painting, furniture restoration, knitting, beading- any crafts really

· My Favorite Fabric and Designer: · Windrush by William Morris


· UFO I Intend to Finish First:

· My house! It is an old farm cottage, which was in need of a lot of TLC when we bought it. We made some structural stages and have completely rewired, replumbed and replastered the whole house, including new joists and floorboards downstairs. We lived here while the work was being done and slept on the kitchen floor while we removed the chimney breast in our bedroom. We still need to fit a new kitchen.

· What’s on the Design Wall Now:

· A fabric collage called “about me”, still very much in the planning stages. It was a challenge I threw to a friend, who said “I will, if you will”

· Who Would I Love to Meet:

· Micki and Joe Butler

· If I Had One Wish:

· This was a tough question, as I never wish for anything, I’m pretty contented really and I believe it is up to us, to make our desires happen.

· I guess, because of my job, I wish people would value and respect the elderly more.

· Plans for the Future:

· Short-term plan is to help my son get to China, where he wants to continue his Martial arts training.

· Long term plan- to retire to Somerset and be a Grandma!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading that.. I'd like to meet her too.. she sounds so nice.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

And what a lovely January Star Kath is Micki!!! A very special person indeed doing the jobs she does...Love the bit about the hippy clothes and jewel colours...Well done Micki...love from Dzintra XX

Anne Marie said...

What a wonderful idea, I enjoyed reading that! Hope you all are having sunny weather up there in Donegal, cold down here but sunny!!!