Foggy the Seal was rescued a few months ago by the Irish Seal Sanctuary. Check out their site at http://www.irishsealsanctuary.ie/ Foggy had a badly injured eye, and now it is all healed up. Well, today was the big day that Foggy would be returned to the sea. At exactly 2:30 PM, at Killahoey Beach, which is the beach near our home, Foggy walked into the sea...looking a bit annoyed at the whole prospect, as we were having a major storm in Dunfanaghy, with high winds and rain. A group of brave people who had weathered the storm watched him walk into the ocean and swim away. He hesitated right before he went in and looked back at the people who had cared for him, and with a loud bark, he swam into the sea. Joe was taking pics of everything. The winds were fierce, and I just managed to hold onto my hat, but Joe's hat blew into the ocean. He, however, took some fine pics considering we were experiencing really bad weather. Hope you enjoy the pics, and all I can say, is that walking home wasn't easy at all, as the wind was in our faces. Even though we were soaked to our skin, I still enjoyed seeing Foggy return to his original home, and I just hope that he finds a friend soon, so he won't be lonely.
2 comments:
How wonderful that he was released, brings a tear to the eye! I hope that you were able to warm up once you got home. Cheers Erica
Brilliant Micki, You have had a busy and rewarding day!
Post a Comment