Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pfaff 4.0 Expression Arrives


My new Pfaff 4.0 Expression arrived today by courier from Waterford, and I dubbed it Nelly. It is an incredible machine. Everything is done automatically, even the presser foot. Boy, do I have to get used to all of this technology. I keep on going to where the lever was for the presser foot, and trying to lift and lower something that is not there anymore. Now, there is just a button to push. It has a massive 10 inch bed space, and 222 stitches, including quilt stitches and needle art stitches. There are dual lights, and that makes it so much easier to see when you are sewing. I will be reading the manual tonight. I was just thrilled that I could thread the machine, wind the bobbin and figure out all the basics, so that I was sewing two siggy blocks with it. It is incredible, and it will be such fun learning all the features. It came with an extension table and a huge Pfaff Travel Case that has a handle and wheels. You can see all the features at http://www.pfaffmachines.co.uk/Pfaff/pfaff-quilt-expression-4.0.htm
Tomorrow, I continue to learn, and I will sew my Christmas House Block quilt. It is definitely the best sewing machine that I ever had!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! very impressive machine.
I bought a Janome a couple years ago and like you, I had to get use to all the fang dangle things on it but it's well worth it. You'll be so spoiled you'll never want to sew on anything else.
Congrats!!!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Congrats on welcoming Nelly to your home. I hope you have a long and wonderful relationship :^)

Kath said...

Welcome to Dunfanaghy, Nelly! love Kath

Four Smiles said...

Wow, very nice!!!Look at all those stitches, have fun with your new friend!!!

Anonymous said...

GOSH YOU MUST HAVE WON THE LOTTERY.

Anne Marie said...

Lucky you!!!! Have fun with Nelly, don't you just love new toys!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hope you have lots of happy stitching years with Nelly...it looks lovely Micki. No stopping you now...you'll spend many blissful hours together I'm sure...Dzintra

Maggi said...

You are going to have fun with this.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Great fun learning a new machine, "all about Nelly." (Sorry, I don't envy you, yet...get it down-mastered-then they'll be a little envy.) I love the way the music changes on you site. It's such a pleasure to be surprised. What will Micki select now?

Browndirtcottage said...

Woo Hoo....a new sewing tool!!