Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Busy, Busy, Tuesday


I found an incredible line of fabric that is so cute! It is called Safari So Good Fabric. Take a look at it here. It would make the cutest quilt for a child, or for an adult who did not grow up yet.LOL

Today, I also received my wonderful giveaway gift from Lyn who has the blog called Bluebird Quilts. She sent me Pioneer Penny pattern, which is just so adorable. I will definitely be making that in the near future, I thank you so much for a very creatively designed pattern, Lyn! You are so talented!! Lyn and I exchanged thimbles, and she got mine today, so I was so happy that she liked it. It was an Ireland thimble, and she really has a lovely collection.
I finally got to start The Streets of Ireland Quilt. I cut out most of the applique pieces and ironed them onto the wrong sides of the various fabrics that I chose and cut them out.The pieces are huge, and I didn't realize how big the wallhanging is going to be. I will have to get some more Lite Steam-a-Seam Two, as I do not have enough, so I will be off to the local quilt shop some time this week.

I also worked on my sock. I finished the heel, and I am knitting my way down to the toe. I want to make it a longer sock, so I have a bit to go to the toe, as I have to knit down to two inches of the toe. I am so pleased with how the heel turned out, so as soon as I finish the sock, I will make another matching one.

Finally, my friend Mary from Australia, who doesn't have a blog, sent me a fantastic site called 365 Days of Free Motion Quilting....It gives you designs, tutorials, and tons of information about how to free motion quilt. The free videos are incredible, and as everyone has to finish their quilts, I thought it might be helpful.
PS: I am resting my leg, as I want the hamstring tear to heal...Boy, a little hamstring tear gave me so much pain. It is slowly getting better, and I do thank everyone for their well wishes.

19 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cute safari fabrics! Thanks so much for the free motion quilting link. I'm always looking for something different to try.

Unknown said...

Micki, thanks for the free motion quilting site. So amazing. I stipple really well after 2 years, but am ready to do something different. You are so right. It's a great site.
I just don't have any luck in those giveaways. You must have Irish luck!

Kath said...

Just off to check out that site, sounds wonderful! I'm glad your leg is feeeling a little better, I just had cortisone injected into my shoulder today :o Kill or cure! Kath xx

Karen said...

I agree that the fabric would make a great kid's quilt (or even an adult)! Have you ordered any?
Thanks for the link to the machine quilting site. I bookmarked it so I can check on it for inspiration.
Enjoyed your music.

Maggey and Jim said...

Hi Micki,
Love the colors in that sock. It will blend with anything. Also I just saw the safari fabs on TQS.. they are so sweet.. Really make a cute tote bag too. Well, get better soon and rest that leg. When do you go back to Dublin for the rest of sock??
Maggey

SewCalGal said...

I've been following 365 days of quilting for awhile and really enjoy it. I actualy have some charity quilts that I'm using insights that I learned from this site.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Julia said...

Cute safari fabrics!..I have a DGD who would love that fabric in a quilt..
Your sock is looking great, love the colour!
thank you.
Julia ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

I just found the FMQ site. Isn't it great?! I've just started stippling and I want to try something new. I love that she has videos.

Feel better soon!

a good yarn said...

What a fantastic post Micki! I liked the safari fabric, you are reallymoving along with your sock. Delighted to read that Streets in under construction and I'm off to check out the free motion quilting site. Thanks! Ann :)

Cattinka said...

Your knitting looks good, and if you are already past the heel you have it made. Isn´t it fun making socks?
KATRIN W.

Searchfamilies said...

Nice pattern yes Lyn is lovely, also nice fabric.
What yarn are you using to do the socks, i am on the foot also with the pair i am knitting should have it plus the toe decrease done today so may even get the 2nd one started good luck with yours, at least if you sitting with you leg up resting you can do more knitting
Hugs Janice

andsewon said...

Thanks...Nice link Micki...will keep it on my desk top...need more practice for sure to do all that!!
Please try to sit still long enough for that tear to heal...can take long while!!!
Sure wish you could find you one of those Irish Fairies to protect you from all your falls!! Ha!!
Loving your socks too....!!!
Hugs,
Lola

Pat from Florida said...

My goodness! You have been busy!

Love the sock. I'm tempted to try socks, but not right now. Too much going.

Love the free motion site. I bookmarked it. Thanks!

Phyllis said...

Hi Micki,
You have done some remodeling on your blog since my last visit. I love the colors. Your socks look great. You are definetly getting the hang of knitting.
Love the pictures of Dublin. I wish I could visit some day. Thanks for sharing them. Hope your leg heals soon.

webbsway said...

Mickie- I am sorry that you are still hurting.

Thank you for sharing the free motion site - so many wonderful , talented people out there.

That safari fabric really had some pretty colors.

Hubby and I walked this afternoon and it smelled so strong of Fall. Hope you and Joe will be able to walk soon.

fabricartist21 said...

I am axious to see this quilt The Streets of Ireland. Now you get busy and finish it so the reat of us can enjoy it. HA HA. Glad your leg is getting better, continue to be careful. I am a semi-reitired nurse so I know the seriousness of this. I will send you some pics of stuff that I make on my 350E.I read the comments and people are very interested about free motion quilting. I have a couple of books I will put in my giveaway so please
keep checking into my blog and with your IRISH LUCK you just might win. Hope So

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, you have been busy. Lyn and I exchanged the thimble too. She does have a nice collection of thimbles. I would like to exchange thimble with u one day. Will let you know when I find a special one for you - Hugs Nat

Maggi said...

Thanks for the links Micki. You are still managing to keep busy I see. Hamstrings take an awful long time to repair so don't rush it. Maggi

Granny Lyn said...

oh, I'm so glad your hamstring is getting better, they take such a long time to heal!

I am going to bookmark that free motion site, it sounds so good! and I HAVE to get some of that Safari fabric for my grandsons, they are going to love those monkeys! you always give us such good links!