I am getting ready for a knitting class that will be next Saturday and the following Saturday on Sock Knitting using a magic loop technique and one circular needle. I have to have the cuff and leg knitted by next weekend, so I knitted the cuff today, and will do the leg tomorrow to have it all ready for the course. You can see the class that I am taking at This is Knit here. I decided on a 1oo gram Austermann yarn which is part wool and rayon, and believe it or not, it has Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil in it. It is so soft! I am using a 2.5 mm Addi Circular needle, 100 cm in length.After that course, I am taking a sweater course there and then the Professional Finishing class. It should be fun! After the class, I will have two and a half hours to shop around Dublin, so I will force myself to do that.LOL Since I will be travelling to Dublin a few times this year for the courses, I will be taking my Nintendo DSi with me. I will be getting the 100 Classic Book Collection for the DSi so I can read on the bus, The list of books is wonderful,
as you can see here,and I just have to decide which one I want to read first. Since I also have a flash card with some of my favorite music also to put into my DSi, I can also do that, so both will be perfect for the trip.
as you can see here,and I just have to decide which one I want to read first. Since I also have a flash card with some of my favorite music also to put into my DSi, I can also do that, so both will be perfect for the trip.I have been also machine quilting the Stars and Stripes Quilt that I made. Each block is another design, so it is a lot of work, but it will be pretty when it is done.
I was thrilled that my second and
third book finally arrived from Amazon in the Sara Donati Series that I am reading. I can't wait to start Book Two called Dawn on a Disant Shore, and I will do so tomorrow.
third book finally arrived from Amazon in the Sara Donati Series that I am reading. I can't wait to start Book Two called Dawn on a Disant Shore, and I will do so tomorrow.We are looking forward to the grand opening of a new larger supermarket on our main street called Centra, and that means we don't have to travel to Letterkenny to do our food shopping. We now are totally self-sufficient in our village...lots of wonderful amenities for us.
PS: Just to clarify, the 100 Classic Books is for this DSi game system. It is not audio, but books that you read. I love the Dsi, as I can play games on it, read the books, listen to music with my flash card, take pics with it, and so it is perfect for travelling. I had several questions about the post, so I knew if you saw the pic, you would know what it is. Here is a link to the dsi with all the information.

19 comments:
OT but, you asked about my blog 'Background'...
On your blog posts, when you want readers to notice a click-able link, you make it show in PINK. In my blog entries [right now], I put click-able links in GREEN.
So if you look at the bottom of my posts, you'll find "Source" or "Pic Source." And it will be a click-able link, in GREEN.
On my post, where I ask if my 'Background' sides look Brown or Black -- when you click on the GREEN Source word, you will be taken right to the place I got it. "The Background Fairy"...
And at the very top of my blog, on the left side, there's a box, which says "Free Backgrounds At Background Fairy." Clicking that box, will take you to her site also.
She is the Background place I once told you about. Lots and lots and lots of Backgrounds there, all free. And they do NOT make our blogs load slowly. I don't understand all this, but she must be knowledgeable enough to know how to write her HTML code for Backgrounds... so they load easily. :-)
When you go to her site, look at the upper right, and you'll see a box with "HELP" in it. Click on that, and be taken to her helpful instructions, on how to use her stuff.
The main thing which I found is -- simply install the standard "Minima" template, [on Blogspot, which we both use]. I don't know which template you're using, but it's not "Minima." But it's easy to switch templates. I have done so, many time, and if I CAN, everyone can. :-)
I know you love PINK, so here is a click-able link to lots of 'The Background Fairy's' PINK Backgrounds. Scroll down and have fun.
'Aunt Amelia'
Btw, she also offers "Headers." But I'm not skilled enough, to even try to use them. :-) So I just keep putting my own pictures, in the Blogspot Header, which comes with the "Minima" template.
Maybe someday, I'll even try one of her Headers. Maybe...
'Aunt Amelia'
YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!
And I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is beeeeeeeeeeeutiful!!!!!!!!!!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Did I say I love it? -giggles-
Yes I did!!!!
Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia
Micki, love the new look of your blog. Colleen
Love your new layout. Very Fancy!
well done.
cheers
Marina
I love your new blog layout design.
Willow
Hello Micki,
I love the new look on your blog!!
Can't wait to see how you have quilted your Stars and Stripes.
I like the new layout Micki, and the colour goes well with your sock yarn - are you colour co-ordinating your posts now? Maggi
Sounds like some fun knitting classes, Micki, but I don't know, with those books beckoning, I don't see a whole lot of knitting getting finished. LOL
First of all I love your new look!!!
Ohhh I wish I could join you for that knitting class...........and 2 and a half hours of shopping in Dublin! lol
That yran sounds interesting with the oils in it.
Enjoy the jazz festival!
love your new blog layout design.
Have fun at knitting class...hand knitted socks are great...I have knitted one pair.
Julia ♥
That's dedication to travel that far to take a knitting class. What a great idea to have the 100 best books on CD. I would love to listen to many of those! Our local library has a few of them on CD's that I've checked out, but not such a complete selection.
Love your new background! Thanks for the link on the ds books! I didn't even know they had that!
I just love the way the yarn you're using is knitting up! Once you get going with socks, you'll always want to have one on the needles! Can't wait to hear what you think about your classes!
Me too, love the new PINK hahaha! It's easy on the eyes. Sock workshops, how fun. Enjoy it - Hugs Nat
Just stepping by to say hi :) I love that yarn. Have a great day!
What a wonderful new look for your blog Micki. I love it! Congratulations on your giveaway win. You have the Luck of the Irish!
Ann :)
I will be checking Sara Donati's books at the library! Your new look is awesome!
Wow - I didn't know you could buy that stuff for the DSi! My son plays with his DSi all the time -- just games!
Post a Comment