
Joe and I had a lovely weekend. I went to the new quilt shop called Green Acres. It was very fancy shmancy, but it was a bit pricey, so that was a bit of a disappointment. I did buy the fabric that I needed for The Streets of Ireland quilt, so I will be able to begin that soon.We also enjoyed a few jazz sessions, one at Molly's Pub, and the other at Arnold's Hotel. The music was lovely, and I was drinking Baileys while listening to the incredible music. I have to admit that I love sitting in the snug with Joe. Luckily, it is always available for the two of us. Maybe, we should put a sign up that says, "Reserved for Joe and Micki Butler."
Today, Lyn from Bluebird Quilts told me that I won another giveaway, and the prize is a Pioneer Penny Pattern. How lovely is that! I can't wait to see the pattern in person. Thanks so much Lyn.
I also got two siggies in the mail.One was from Bep who lives in the Netherlands, and the other was from Erich who lives in Australia..Both are so lovely, and thanks to both of you!
Finally, I made a stocking for my friend for a swap that I am in. It is made from Michael Miller fairy frost, and has one of my favorite characters, Frosty the Snowman on it, which is all machine embroidered. I added a bit of trimming, buttons, a bow, and it was great fun to do.
Thanks for all of your kind words and concern about Joe....His head is a bit sore, and his hand is hurting as he fell a bit on it too, as he hit his head on the wall. Both of us are sore from the painting , but we always enjoy our time together. Thanks again for all the kind emails!
20 comments:
Micki, I think you have the "Luck of the Irish". You win lots of give-aways. I never win any. Sounds like you and Joe had a lovely weekend. I hope that his head is feeling better.
That Frosty is adorable! you whip things up so fast, and I feel so slow...
That jam session sounds like so much fun! save me a seat for the next one...tee hee
It sounds like a great weekend, glad to hear Joe is healing nicely. I love that snowman, collect them myself, have loads.
Would love to send you a siggie from the "hometown" if you'd like just send me the particulars.
Congratulations on yet another win. Would you like to pick my Lottery numbers for me? Your snug sounds really cosy. Maggi
Congratulations on your win, and I hope the aches and pains are over soon.
Lucky you winning another giveaway! Looks like you guys had a great weekend.
Sounds like a good weekend to me...you and Joe always seem to have lots of fun!!
HI Micki,
Glad you had a fun weekend!
Enjoy your new fabric and winnings!
Happy stitching!
ZLaty
"drinking Baileys while listening to the incredible music" Mmmmm, I'll bet that helped with the soreness. -giggles-
All kidding aside, hope both of you totally heal soon. His head and hand, and both of you and your aching muscles.
Congratulations on your win..
What a great way to spend a day Micki...Drinking a Baileys while listening to the beautiful music..
You'll love Lyn's Pioneer Penny..A while back I won one from Lyn already made up...I love it!
Glad Joe is doing well.
Julia ♥
Micki,
I enjoyed your update. That stocking is so cute... and you won ANOTHER giveaway? You lucky gal. I am serious - I need you to enter giveaways for me next time! :)
Congratulations Micki on your giveaway win. You did a wonderful job on the Christmas stocking for your friend. Nice that you and Joe had a nice time while listening to some jazz. Couldn't get any better, could it?
Congrats on the win!!! Sounds like a great weekend. I do so hope that you are feeling better soon!
Congratulations on the Win. But even better yet, congratulations on having such a delightful night out with Joe. Listening to music just seems like such a great evening.
Such fun!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
We don't have 'snugs' here!
You are a tinny tart winning again!
That is a really nice stocking with the cutest of embroidery on it!
KATRIN W.
Glad that you had a good time at the Jazz sesions, sorry about the quilting shop was it okay other than price, i know the one i went to last week was a disappointment not just because of price but nothing grab me.
You certainly are a lucky person on these wins may be you should do all competitions with your luck lol glad that Joe continues to do well after his fall
Hugs Janice
Congratulations on your lovely win!!! I bought the pattern and am really looking forward to it (O:
Glad you had a nice weekend. Jazz is my favorite music. You are sooo lucky with the giveaways. I saw Pioneer Penny and she's so cute. Enjoy - Natima
Love that snowman!...hope Joe is okay...congrats on your wins & getting the painting done!
x
lori
Post a Comment