Monday, September 28, 2009

The Luck of the Irish Hits Twice and a Poem

First, my dear friend Dzintra told me in an email that I won her giveaway. I was so happy, as the prize that I won was a J.K. Rowling book called
The Tales of Beedle the Bard, and I just love the author. Thanks so much for a lovely prize, and I can't wait to read it. I looked it up, and the book appeared in the Harry Potter book called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was bequeathed to Hermione Granger by Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogworth School. It is described as a collection of Wizarding children's fairy tales.Well, I am tickled pink, as I am a Harry Potter fan. Now mind you, I only have the books, but if you really want to see a lot of Harry Potter memorabilia, then go to Dzintra's blog, as she has posted some of her collection there...It is amazing!

Then, while I was in shock over that win, Joe walks in with the mail and I won the Incredible Women Giveaway. I won a sewing gauge, two incredibly beautiful fat quarters, John James applique needles (just perfect for the Civil War Bride Quilt that I will be starting soon) and a lovely homemade case tht is just oh so cute. Please do visit that blog, as you will meet truly "incredible women." The interviews are out of this world. The interview there now is about Linda Black, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the win so much!

Finally, thanks for all the emails about losing my sock. Serena just emailed me about it and said that a fabulous story or poem could be written about my sock, so here is my poem:

There once was a sock which had plenty of appeal,
Which somebody decided she had to steal.
Hopefully this person is a one-legged lady,
And maybe her name turned out to be Sadie.
I miss the sock, but it has found a new home,
And it hopefully will get a mate, so it won't be alone.
I cried some tears. but now another sock is on its way,
That's the saga of my sock, and have a nice day!

28 comments:

Searchfamilies said...

Boy you sure do have the luck, congratulations on your wins
Hugs Janice

Nat Palaskas said...

Yes, I know, you lucky girl to win not just one, but two giveaways. I thought it was cute that Joanne drawn your name for the book and Simone for the embroidery. How lucky was that? Enjoy - Nat
PS: Sweet Serena with the good idea of a poem!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Lucky! Lucky! Lucky! Two wins in a row.

Do you believe in Things Coming In Three's? Because if you do, perhaps another win is winging its way toward you. :-))))

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Cindy F. said...

Congrats on winning such awesome prizes!! How fun!!

andsewon said...

Luck is a Lady today for sure!!
Great wins for you and ones you will really enjoy too!
Congrats!
Sorry about your sock but enjoyed the poem..gave me a chuckle!!!

Hugs,
Lola

blushing rose said...

Chuckle! & that poor sock was looking all over for you! Darling poem. Great wins.

TY for sharing. Have a great week. TTFN ~Marydon

Laurie said...

Your poem is so cute! 'Way to make lemonade out of lemons! You truly do, Micki, have the luck of the Irish! You are a winning lady! Have fun with all of that!

Anonymous said...

WOW, you are so lucky. Congrat on the two weeks.

Willow

Zlaty said...

I like your poem! :) You are good!

Congrats on the win!

Happy sewing!

Zlaty

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations on the win. I also love the poem. Doesn't make up for the fact that someone stole your bag & sock, but it is a cute poem. Maybe the lady can post a copy in her shop and the thief will feel badly & return your bag & sock.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Dena said...

Congratulations on your giveaway wins. Lucky you! Kara is doing a spectacular job of featuring some very talented and special women.

We have been enjoying watching the Harry Potter movies with our grandsons. When I was young, I was a fan of C.S. Lewis novals. Very gifted writer. Enjoy your J.K. Rowling noval.

Daffycat said...

ROFLMAO That's a super poem! Well done!

Judy S. said...

Nice poem, you lucky soul! Now all that's left is to put it to music.....

marina said...

Well done you lucky duck.
Love the poem....
cheers
Marina

Millie said...

The Irish luck is defnitely on your side. Congratulations on all your winnings and enjoy all your gifts!

Miriam said...

I think you deserve all the luck you are getting now. Enjoy!!!!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Congratulations on your wins Micki...as they say...The Luck Of The Irish!!! Dzintra♥x

Patty said...

What do they call a one legged lady? Eileen! (lol) Enjoyed your poem. Lucky you with all those wins!

Sue said...

Congratz on your wins Micki...you are a champion.

Nedra said...

I'm so glad the wins came on the "heels" of the sock saga.
(Get it? Heels? :) )

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on the contests! What a great thing to happen after your sock being stolen. Cute poem!

webbsway said...

I too , am so thrilled that you are having such wonderful 'adventures"! You do deserve it."Luck of the Irish!" to you, my dear!

Pat from Florida said...

My goodness! What a lucky gal you are!!!

Carrie said...

You do have a lucky streak now...hope it just keeps on going! Love the sock poem...so true.

Granny Lyn said...

You really DO have the luck of the Irish!! what a beautiful bundle of gifts, and the book, too? you must feel like a queen!

that poem is perfect! I'm sorry about the missing sock, but I'm glad you stir up a little humor about it!

Maggi said...

Congratulations on even more wins. Someone out there intends you to keep busy! Maggi x

fabricartist21 said...

that is really a neat poem about your sock!! Did you write it as you are quit talented. Someday maybe that little sock will find its way home and totally finished. WOW what a surprise for all of us!

Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely win. Great stuff.