Friday, September 18, 2009

Streets of Ireland Fabric, Some Siggies, Joe Wins This Time, Recuperating, and Trip To Dublin



As you know, I went to the new Green Acres Quilt Store located just outside our village of Dunfanaghy on the road to Falcarragh. I bought lots of fabric for The Streets of Ireland Quilt, and I also ordered some yards of fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop online. As the fabric arrived today, I decided to show you the whole lot.Needless to say with the money exchange as it is, the value was much better ordering from the Fat Quarter Shop. which is in the United States. I can now begin the quilt, so that should be fun.

I also got two siggies in the mail. The lovely siggy with the coffee cup in the centre is from Vronie from the Netherlands, and she loves coffee as much as I do. Then, Anita from the Netherlands also sent me the siggy with the teddy bear, and like myself, she collects teddy bears....my kind of girl. Thanks for both of them for adding to my siggy collection!


Then, Joe entered a contest and won a 21 and a half inch monitor for our computer. I was happily shocked, so this time it was Joe who won something, and boy does the larger monitor make a difference! Yes, we seem to have the "luck of the Irish."You can also see the landscape pic of a sunset that I did recently, in case you didn't see it.






I haven't been sewing this week, as I tore a hamstring while we were painting last weekend. I have been lying in bed every day for hours reading, as Joe had the heat on in the bed, and that seemed to be helping me. It is better, but it is still hurting. I got the pain at a level that I can manage for my trip tomorrow to Dublin for the sock knitting course. ( Oh, I included a cartoon of a guy who had a broken leg, which was the closest that I could get to what I am like. Anyways, I do rollerblade like he does in the cartoon, so it sort of fit me....There is a pic of me rollerblading too. Joe was in shock at how good I am. )

Anyways back to the trip...The sock course will be a two hour class and will complete on the 26th of this month. I had to knit down to the heel, and then stop, so here is what I did so far. As you can see, I am using one circular needle (Magic Loop
Technique)

I will leave Dunfanaghy on the bus at 7:30AM, and I won't return till half past 10 in the evening. I will take lots of pics and post the really good ones on the blog for you to see on Sunday, so you will all get a wee tour of Dublin, our capital city. I will have around two and half hours to shop around Dublin once the course is over, and so I am heading to Easons Bookstore, Hickey's Fabric Store, The Dublin Woolen Mills, Bewley's Coffee shop for a break of coffee and a dainty, and well, we shall just see where else I decide to go to.

I will miss Joe and the boys, but I think that I will love the course, and of course Dublin is exciting!
I will not be around on Saturday, but I will catch up on my mail and blogging on Sunday, so have a wonderful weekend!

















le lot

32 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Micki, I am so sorry to hear about your leg. I've still been hobbling around with the sprained foot,but am finally able to walk (some) w/o the crutches. It sure puts a damper on things. Take care and get well soon.

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello,
Have a wonderful trip and learn lots.. those socks will be so warm.. lol, Really!!
Maggey

Zlaty said...

How exciting is when you get fabric in the mail!
I hope you fell better and start your next quilting project!

Happy sewing!

Zlaty

Mary L. said...

Have a great trip!

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely fabrics! Yes, I order at The Fat Quarter Shop too. Price difference is incredible, even with the shipping costs added.
Look forward to see the progress of you sock.
Hope by tomorrow your leg will be feeling a bit better than today. Have a good trip!

Tammy said...

So sorry to hear about your leg :-(
Have fun on your trip and beware sock knitting is addicting! I just love it :D
Lovely fabric Micki and congrats to Joe on his win...nice win too!!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Onya Joe!!! You guys certainly have the luck of the Irish as you say!!! Enjoy the day Micki...Dzintra♥x

Kath said...

What a great surprise! Hope you have a great day in Dublin, don't forget to have a hot chocolate in your namesake cafe! Kath x

Colleen said...

Have fun Micki, I have been to Bewleys and the Dublin Woolen Mills. I love Dublin. We drove when we were there and traffic is a disaster. Hope your leg is feeling better.

Heckety said...

Sorry about your hamstring- very painful.
Have a lovely day in Dublin- funny how your list is almost identical to mine! How about Avoca Handweavers on Suffolk St, near Grafton St.? If you are up to it, lots of ideas for thinngs to make, as if you needed any!

Tracey said...

So sorry ot hear about your leg! Hope it is well soon. :) The fabbies are beautiful, and congrats on the new monitor. Way to go Joe!! Can't wait to see your pics.. I so long to see your country someday...I need to start an "Ireland fund!"

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Dublin that you'll have tomorrow and about your class too. Take care of your sore leg of yours, okay?

Cattinka said...

Have fun at your knitting class, and take care!
KATRIN W.

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

Have loads of fun for me! Tomorrow, Saturday, is the two year anniversary of the day we lost our mom. My brothers and I, my husband and one of my brothers girlfriends are going to a local pumpkin patch/apple orchard and to a drive in theater tomorrow night just to be together and having fun. I will definitely be wishing I was in Dublin, though!!

Chris H said...

Have fun in Dublin!

Anonymous said...

Hey Micki

I can't wait to see pictures of Dublin. It's years since I was there, and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Rachelle x

Millie said...

Micki, I am so sorry to read about hurting your leg...not good for a quilter at all. Get well soon. Pretty siggies too!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Congratulations Joe!!!!

And Micki, I very much hope your leg won't be too much bother, during your trip.

Maggi said...

So sorry to hear about your leg. You and Joe really are in the wars although it looks as though the luck is still with you in other areas. Love the fabric. Have a great time in Dublin. Maggi

retdairyqueen said...

Hi Micki
I think perhaps you and Joe should stick to painting lovely landscapes
Look forward to the tour of Dublin
Ireland is on my list of places I HAVE to visit one day
I believe I have Irish ancestery on my fathers side
Take care

Granny Lyn said...

ouchie wowah! hamstrings really hurt!!! so sorry to hear that!

but, your trip is going to be great! a whole day of knitting and shopping and reading??? you lucky girl! have fun!

Sue said...

Wow, what a big day you are having today. I'm sure it will be heaps of fun. I can't wait to read the post and admire the sock pix.

Lurline said...

I'm pleased your leg is well enough to go on your great excursion - take some pain kellers and enjoy - looking forward to more news!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Sorry to hear about your leg. Sounds like you will have a great trip to Dublin...don't overdo it with the sore leg.

fabricartist21 said...

Say there lady I am sorry for your leg, just be careful now ok?? I wish that I could do those socks. My mother-in-law was a wonderful knitter and did argyles all the time and trie to teach me but forget that. I do knit though and some crochet but not so much now as I am getting stiff in the hands, but still sew. Have a good trip and have fun for all of us. I love your blog and thanks so much for coming to mine.

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations to Joe. A 21" monitor is fantastic. What a prize. Whooo-hoo!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Searchfamilies said...

Boy that will be a long day but i bet a enjoyable one good luck with the sock class never tried the magic loop method.
The fabrics look good, hope the leg is better & your not in too much pain for the day.
Yes you both do have the luck of the Irish that for sure well done well you have a great day
Hugs Janice

blushing rose said...

Lucky Joe. That was a nice win. You take care of that hamstring, Micki. They are NOT fun ... you & Jocelyn would make a good pair ... chuckle!

Have a great weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your leg. I love fabric in the mail, especially the FQS!! They are one of my favorites! I hope you're well soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki, So sorry to hear about the leg. Boy are you and Joe having a rough time of it. I do hope you both feel better soon. Congrats to him on the win.

Hope your trip is fantastic.

I got your siggie in the mail today. Love it.

Willow

a good yarn said...

Fab fabrics, great win on the monitor and I'm sorry to read that you have been in the wars again. Take it easy! Ann :)

Victoria said...

Felicidades Micki por tu gran trabajo y gran labor en este blog,gracias por compartir.Con cariño desde España..Victoria