Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Advent Package


My Advent package arrived, and I was thrilled. I won't open it till December, and then I will open one gift at a time like a good girl. Thanks so much to Rachelle, who was my partner! She has a wonderful blog called Quarantine Quilting, and I was so lucky to get her as my swap partner. I will post a pic of each gift as I open them. I have a feeling that a bit of Australia will be in the box, and I love that! I made my package mostly Irish theme, so I know Rachelle will love that too, as she has Irish heritage in her family.

That was the big news! I was just thrilled with that! Joe hid the box in the closet with the other Christmas packages, but at least, I get to open it starting December 1st. Thanks so much again Rachelle!
Oh....I started to decorate a bit today for the holidays.I put up Christmas stockings and hung up some Christmas wallhangings. We have to buy a tree , and I want an animated Santa, and there are presents to buy, and oh my gosh, so much to do!

21 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

It's going to be a fun December!

Pat from Florida said...

Sounds like a wonderful swap!

Jocelyn said...

oooo sounds like you are going to have a very fun December!

Betsy said...

Micki, lucky lucky you. I already shipped one but I am still waiting for mine.

Judy S. said...

December, how can that be? I sure don't know where the fall went! We just had some lights go up in our neighborhood but like to wait till after Thanksgiving here..... And you're right, oh so much to do. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I know you can hardly wait.

Julia said...

How exciting Micki...by December I'll start to get in the mood for Christmas!
Julia ♥

Kerrie said...

Love the picture you have posted! And congrats on winning the pattern for the lock and key. That is so pretty! Thank you for your lovely comment on Kerrie's Korner today. Kerrie

Heckety said...

The suspense of Advent things nearly kills me- I love Advent calendars with the little doors but I'm the one who sneak peeks several days in advance! Enjoy your presents!

Nedra said...

What a fun swap! Christmas will be extra special this year.

Deb said...

Micki,
If this is a picture of your home all decorated for Christmas, then I want your house! Beautiful photo & it makes me long to have all my decorating, shopping, crafting & baking done ASAP so I can just sit in a room like this & luxuriate in the season.

Tara said...

It sounds like fun times are ahead for you! Here I thought those little chocolate Advent calendars were a treat! Congratulations on your giveaway win too and i hope you have a beautiful Irish day!

Unknown said...

Hi Micki , I received my advent parcel from USA today , now I need to hide it from myself , lol !

Barb said...

I got my advent swap tooo but will open the all up before I leave for the states.....so fun!!! I will be in Texas with my sons for Christmas...yepeeee

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous advent swap partner! I'm glad you liked the parcel. I can't wait to start opening!!! I'm so excited!!

Love always

Rachelle x

Jane said...

Lucky girl, have fun opening them all. hugs xxx

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hooray for doing some early Christmas decorating. 'Tis fun, isn't it?

And I clicked on the pic you used for this entry. Oh my, I want to *jump* right into it. :-)

Cath Ü said...

Ph I love Christmas decorating... I must get some of mine out too... I have heaps to put up... don't think I will get them all up though... might just do enough to make the house look Christmassy......
Cath Ü

Anonymous said...

Lovely swap! -
Enjoy your Christmas decoring it is always fun!
And show us the pic of your animated Santa!

Anonymous said...

What a neat swap indeed! I think that is a very nice idea for a Christmas gift. How do you decorate? Are you traditional or more festive, blue and white, red and green?

Take care!

Sue said...

Advent Swapping is so much fun. I opened my box from France to make sure the Aussie customs guys didn't take anything. It's all there and now all I can do is lay out all the little parcels to admire and WAIT!