Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


To answer some of your questions, no, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Ireland, and I haven't personally done so since I left America, and my goodness that's a long time ago! Anyways, Joe and I do love to have stuffed turkey and mashed potatoes out, and we have a favorite place where we have gotten the best turkey dinner ever, but no celebration at home. But, to all those who are celebrating Thanksgiving, have a blessed weekend and enjoy your dinners and time with your families. I do have to tell you that the Irish know how to have fun, and boy do they love their celebrations and festivities, and there are tons of them! The pubs and hotels are always filled with music and fun! Enjoy it all! Just wanted to wish you all great craic, and don't forget to tell me all about it.

12 comments:

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

I hadn't asked, but I did wonder. lol Glad you ate some turkey, though! :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

I wondered as well. Do you miss it? I'd love to hear about some of the Irish holidays and traditions.

Anonymous said...

I too was wondering :)

Anonymous said...

Well we'll still send you a Happy Thanksgiving from the states. Much love to you sweetie!

Nedra said...

I think it's interesting that some would wonder because Thanksgiving is an American holiday. Even though you are American, you now live in Ireland with your Irish husband.
Even if we moved out of the country I know we couldn't give up our turkey and mashed potatoes either.

Nancy M. said...

It would be hard to imagine moving to a whole different country and learning new customs. My friends in other countries have told me they didn't celebrate Thanksgiving and duh, I should have know that! The pilgrams were from here. Sometimes I just don't think, lol!

Nat Palaskas said...

Happy Thanksgiven Micki and Joe. I know you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but it is an excuse to have yummy turkey. Hope you enjoyed it. Hugs Nat

Kath said...

You and Joe have a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks for all your kindness, advice and support in recent days, I'm feeling a lot more positive about the tests now! XXX

Unknown said...

Well here in Canada we have Thanksgiving in October, and it's not a huge celebration like the US.
I think the US Thanksgiving kicks off the beginning of the Christmas season...
I do love Sun Bonnet sue..very very cute.

Pat said...

You found my blog and now I signed up as a follower on yours. We had the trip of a lifetime to Ireland in 1994.....so I've love to be blogging friends with a quilter from Ireland!!!

The French Bear said...

At least you had a great meal!! The important thing is the food, right? Haha....... really I am happy to hear you had some form of a Thanksgiving meal.
Hugs,
Margaret B

Miri said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

We do a big dinner each year with ex-pat Americans and other friends (my Irish friend Maureen and hubby usually come!)