
I am thrilled to introduce to you my March Star Lyn,who is a very talented quilter and stitcher who lives in Victoria, Australia. You can visit her blog named Welcome to Bluebird Quilts, and do stop by and say hello, as you will really enjoy all of her wonderful creations. I am so glad that Lyn and I have become friends, and it is always so nice when she emails me and we chit chat. 


Thanks so much Lyn for an inspiring interview! I am sure that everyone will love getting to know you as much as I have.
Here is her interview:
Bit About Me: Due to my husband's change of careers with the same Employer, I have had to actively seek employment in different fields, when we have moved back and forth to the Bellarine Peninsula, ( Banking, Medical Receptionist and Design Assistant). In my youth, I attended night school to learn the art of dressmaking. I have been quilting since 1985, but since I have retired, have become very active with this hobby. Blogging has become an extension of my love of quilting, and in a sense, my extended family. I am the only quilter in our family and wonder when I pass, what will happen to the quilts I have made.
Bit About Me: Due to my husband's change of careers with the same Employer, I have had to actively seek employment in different fields, when we have moved back and forth to the Bellarine Peninsula, ( Banking, Medical Receptionist and Design Assistant). In my youth, I attended night school to learn the art of dressmaking. I have been quilting since 1985, but since I have retired, have become very active with this hobby. Blogging has become an extension of my love of quilting, and in a sense, my extended family. I am the only quilter in our family and wonder when I pass, what will happen to the quilts I have made.
What Inspires Me: Inspiration comes to me from a piece of fabric. It could be the colour or pattern, and then I work from there. My favourite magazines, which I have subscribed to for a long time are : Australian Homespun, Australian Country Threads and Country Sampler. Even after all the years I have been receiving them, I still hound the poor Newsagency for the latest edition. Sometimes, I will pull out my box of magazines and pore over every page.
What I Love to Do the Most Creatively: There are two things I love the most creatively. Piecing a quilt from the very beginning. Starting from the fabric and colour selection, to the end result. The second is Stitchery. When I was young, I embroidered doilies and tablecloths. This was forgotten until 2003 when I badly fractured my leg. I was off work for 14 weeks and on crutches for a long time. My friend Fee came around and asked me to embroider a panel for a friend's 60th birthday present. I never looked back, and have a deep love of this craft, from the pattern selection, drawing the design, and the most enjoyable part, the stitching.
My Favourite Fabric and Designer: My favourite fabrics would be Reproductive Fabrics around 1830's to 1860's. I can pick a Thimbleberries fabric a mile away...LOL...Japanese fabric and last but not least, I have been collecting 1930's fabrics from when they first arrived here in Australia. To be honest, I have no favourite Designers; I enjoy seeing fledgling Designers grow and develop over time. Due to the nature of my work in my last job, I worked along Top Designers in their fields. I learnt so much from the girlies( My nickname for them), my sense of colour as well as my design skills.
What's on the Design Wall Now: I have a Quilt for Illene on the Design Wall at the moment. Once I receive all the nine patch blocks, I will be able to work out the design. Three designs come to mind.
What's on the Design Wall Now: I have a Quilt for Illene on the Design Wall at the moment. Once I receive all the nine patch blocks, I will be able to work out the design. Three designs come to mind.
Who Would I Love to Meet: I would love to meet my blogging friends to share their quilts, ideas, stashes, to be amongst like minded friends.
If I Had One Wish: My one wish would be health, because without it, life can be tough on you and the ones you love the most.
Plans for the Future: Life is short.. to savour and make the most out of each day. To travel with DH while we are young and fit enough.



Thanks so much Lyn for an inspiring interview! I am sure that everyone will love getting to know you as much as I have.



20 comments:
Wow another really talented lady. Her work looks really lovely.
I have enjoyed lynn for a very some time now, she is very talented and a very very wonderful person. Thanks for spotlighting her and helping me to know more about her.
WoW Micki, thank you for having me as your March Star..I feel honoured by your request and a little chuffed...LOL....rather apt Month as it coincides with my birthday..busy working on Illene's Quilt...have changed the Design three times now.....and hopefully I am now on the right track...thank you once again Micki....Hugs Lyn
Thankyou Micki for featuring the wonderful Lyn
She is so kind and caring and her work is lovely
Illene
I've not come across Lyn's blog and will enjoy spending some time there.
What beautiful work! Thank you for the introduction!
I have been to Lyn's blog and she is a real darling, with lots of talent.
thanks for continuing to highlight your monthly STARS
Micki, it was lovely to read Lyn's interview. I know Lyn well and love her work. I'm glad you invited her for March Star, well done - Hugs Nat
I really like Lyn's blog and have enjoyed her works.. She is an awesome quilter and a giving person.. Thanks Micki for giving her this Star reward..
Maggey
Great Star for March Micki! I too started with fashion design and moved to quilting.
Happy sewing!
I always enjoy reading your monthly stars. They are so talented and full of inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hi Micki, I've been reading Lynn's blog for sometime. But I really appreciate you writing about her, as this shares more insights on this delightful and talented woman!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
I hope you yourself Micki, are doing well. Still resting a bit, I hope. :-)
Such wonderful work she does. Great star of the month. Thank you for sharing with us.
Willow
I am so proud of Lyn! She is one of my best friends...not only a talented stitcher and quilter, but a wonderful lady!
Great post and lovely to see Lyn featured...Lyn is gorgeous, such a lovely generous caring lady...I have one of her prize gifts and will treasure what she sent that she handmade herslf always..
Julia ♥
I loved reading Lyn's interview! She is such a wonderful and special woman. Thank you, Micki!
Great interview (as always) Micki...I always look forward to your Star of the Month...Dzintra♥x
her quilts are amazing micki and I love reading about peoples stories......
A lovely interview, Micki.
I live not far from the Bellarine Peninsula!! And here is Micki, from Philadelphia, U.S.A, lately of Dunfanaghy, Ireland blogging about Lyn from Victoria, Australia.
I love how blogging draws the craft community together from all over the world!
Now I'm off to check out Lyn's blog.
Post a Comment