Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some Surprises in the Mail and Joe Retakes the Pics of the Journal

Please take a look at the pics of my journal at my previous post dated March 2nd. I would appreciate that so much! The first pics that Joe took were taken inside and the flash really took away most of the details of what I did. Joe retook the pics today outside without the flash and all the colours and details really show up now. I was not happy with the first set, but now you can really see the details of each page of the journal. He really did take the pics so well now. Tell me what you think. I was so happy with the new pics, as I wanted to show you how it really looked. The only thing you can't do is turn the pages.
I got some surprises in the mail too. Some siggies arrived, and boy did I get some nice ones. First, Gene sent me a lovely siggy, and needless to say, he picked very colorful fabric. Knowing him, I was not surprised.LOL Then Anne from Germany sent me one with lovely green fabric, and Jena from Germany sent me a really cute cartoonish design in the middle...How cute!Helen from Australia sent me a wonderful koala bear and the Australian fabric is out of this world and the cutest card with kangaroos on it. It made me want to see Australia one day with Joe. Anya from Germany sent me a siggy with hand embroidered flowers in the centre. Finally, I got a beautiful siggy from Sylvia in Germany. The centre's witch reminded me of The Wizard of Oz...How incredible is that! Thank you all! Boy, is my quilt going to be special!

17 comments:

Maggi said...

The journal pages look beautiful Micki. I can't really make the comparison as I looked at them first time late last night when I was tired.

Gene Black said...

Micki, the new pictures of the pages really show them off. Joe did a great job.
I love all your siggy blocks. I could have done muted fabrics had you asked. hehehehehe

Kath said...

Those pics are great, I can really see the pages better, Oh how clever you are, a real multi-talented gal :D

Needled Mom said...

Wow! The details are much more impressive in natural light. Great job!

Love all the siggies! Aren't they fun to exchange? It is such a thrill to receive a squishy envelope in the post.

Greg said...

Those are some great looking blocks. Really like the journal pages too. Great job on all. Can't wait to see the results of your siggy blocks.

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello Micki,
Yes that did make quite a difference.. I will keep that in mind when taking pictures of my projects. The journal is so elaborate.. I love everything and it looks like that machine is going to be lots of fun..
Maggey

Judy S. said...

Gosh, Micki, your mail person must have a special bag just for you as you get more stuff than anyone I know! Your siggy quilt is going to be fun to see. From various comments, it seems like everyone who gets a Cricut machine, loves it! Isn't that how they cut intricate applique pieces too?

Clara said...

Great work Micki, and I guess how exciting should be receiving those kind of envelopes. Oh..... the kettle's still on, so you're welcome for tea and cake!!!!
xxx Clara.

Annelies said...

I love your journal pages. They are very beautiful.
You got a lot of siggies !

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour Micki!

Thank you for coming by my corner of blogland for an imaginary trip to Paris! You are too, too kind! I have never heard of siggie....this is a new world for me!!! Is this a quilt? It is beautiful!!

Anita

Zlaty said...

I do love the new pictures as they show the true beauty of your work! Thank you Joe!

Enjoy your goodies in the mail!

Barb said...

Wonderful siggies.....

Helen said...

So beautiful!!! Really nice pictures and beautiful work!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The journal is awesome Micki! You are a natural at it!
Yes, that will be one beautiful signature quilt.

Lois said...

Lovely journal Micki and the photos are really unique.
Hugs
Lois

Tara said...

You are right, the colors are very vivid and so beautiful! Your journal looks like it was fun to make and the care you took with it exceptional! I hope you have a great weekend Micki!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

The pictures there are beautiful. So those must be the second set of photos, which he too. Wonderful!

Gentle hugs...