I am so happy to introduce to you a good friend named Katrin. She is a lovely lady who is so talented too. She is very eclectic in her talents, and you will see that when you visit her at her blog called Cattinka.










I hope that you enjoy getting to know Katrin and her interview:
A Bit About Me: I am married to Rainer and we have two almost grown boys. We take care of two cats and an aquarium full of fish. We are a creative family. My Husband paints watercolour and oil paintings. I have been sewing patchwork since 2005, and my friend Kirsten who started me on it was very right...it is addictive!
What Inspires Me: I get lots of my inspiration from Scandinavian designers like Tone Finnager, Dorthe Jollmann, Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen, Gerd Gellein Merkesdal, and Lise Bergene. I also like to stroll through art exhibitions and quilt shows to get new ideas. But the ideas are usually not the problem. I rather have too many of them in my head. I should not forget one more great source of inspirations, which is blogland!
What I Love To Do the Most Creatively: I like to paper piece, and I like to sew useless things that are most decorative, and my big passion is sewing bags and pouches.
My Favourite Fabric and Designer: I love all kinds of cotton fabrics. My taste changes once in a while, but right now, I like Tilda fabrics, and the matching designs of Tone Finnager.
UFOS I Intend to Finish First: I have been stitching the blocks for the "A Tisket, A Tasket BOM last year. The top has been finished for some time already. All I need to do is quilt and bind the wallhanging, and that is what I want to finish next, because it tends to become a real unfinished project.
What's on the Design Wall Now: On my design wall, which is a curtain that is hung in front of some shelves in my sewing room , I have a few blocks of Libby Richardson's " A Girl's Day Out" and some blocks of Leanne Besasleys which is from "Leannes House Quilt." Both of them are my year long project, which I am sewing together with some blogging friends.
Whom I Would Love to Meet: I really would like to meet some of my blogging friends, like Micki, personally!
If I Had One Wish: I have lots of wishes, but the most important would be : Peace on Earth. I also want to work on new projects until they are finished. I don't like to have too many projects in progress at the same time, because that tends to overwhelm me.
I learned alot from Katrin's interview that I didn't know before, and also I found out that her husband also loves to do painting, as I do. Thanks so much for a lovely interview, and I also hope that we meet one day! Germany isn't that far from Ireland. Maybe, one day you will want to see our lovely Ireland.








11 comments:
How lovely to meet Katrin. SHe is a talented lady.
Katrin is such a sweetheart, she is one of my bloggingfriends.
Thanks for introducing Katrin!
Wow, what lovely work! Thanks for the intro.
Very nice interview and WONDERFUL work by Katrin!!!
Oh, I love her work and she sounds like my kind of quilter.. All those things that get in our head,wow!! Yes, it would be wonderful to meet our bloggin' friends. Some of them have had that just recently. She is an awesome quilter.. Congrats. Katrin
Hugs,
Maggey
Another great interview Micki. It is such fun meeting you 'Stars'
Hi Micki,
thanks a lot for having me, and thanks to your blog readers for the nice comments!
KATRIN W.
It is always so much fun to visit Katrin's blog. She is a wonderful person.
Thank you for the interview. Now I got to know her even better, just like you.
Thanks for sharing this delightful interview with us. I will have to check Katrin's blog.
Wow she is a talented girl!
Post a Comment