Yeah! My Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils arrived and I was so excited. There are three rows of pencils, but you are only seeing one row in the pic.There are 120 pencils in all, and they are wonderful. I decided to draw a pic of a lighthouse and boat and used a Pitt Artist watersoluble pen, and then I did the rest in watercolours. I really enjoyed it, and I was working on it all afternoon....totally relaxing and fun! I put it in my moleskin watercolour journal, and I am going to really enjoy filling that journal with paintings.
I will be ordering some additional supplies in mid June...I need things like masking fluid, and other supplies, and Joe is getting me a Derwent Inktense set of watercolour pencils,and like the name implies, the colours are super intense. Well, my birthday is on the 17th of June, so I won't have to wait long.
24 comments:
Beautiful painting! Can you someday share tips & tricks (e.g. what is masking)
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
What a talent you have, I wish I could draw like that....amazing...just love the picture.
Hi Micki! This set looks beautiful, with all the colors you have in it! Your painting is gorgeous!... I used to love sketching when I was a kid, and I remember loving all the sets of paints, pencils, charcoals and crayons of ALL sorts, that I would see in the stores, or ask Santa for, for Christmas!!... Can't wait to see what more you do with your new supplies!... And hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina
Ohhhhhhh lucky you! What a glorious time you are [and will be] having!!!
Mmmmmm, wish I could "move myself" to take up some art again... "Uncle A." keeps trying to get me to do so. And I keep not having the .... what? I don't know what. Getting over laziness maybe? Or something...
Perhaps I should visit this entry of yours, often. Maybe I'd become inspired. To try again. :-)
Woderful array of pencils, does this mean no quilting ?----------------cottonreel
LOVE that lighthouse you did. That is one fabulous set of watercolor pencils, too. Your birthday is the day before mine....not sure if I already knew that or not. I can't wait to see more of what you are drawing and painting!
Well you certainly haven't forgotten how to paint.Lovely lighthouse. You are going to have a plethera of colors..
Happy painting.
Maggey
That rainbow of pencils is just so pretty, almost as good as a rainbow of fabric. Nothing like a shiny new box of possibilities.
You do such lovely work. Wish I could draw.
You're so talented in so many areas!
Beautiful watercolor!
Micki that's fabulous, I love it!!! Is there no end to your talents???!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Oh gosh, now do painting blogs have give aways? what would they give? Cobalt blue would be precious for the lovely skies of Ireland.
Honestly, you are such a talent.
Lovely work Micki!
I adore the inktense pencils!
O Micki -
What memories you stir up? :)
I love the light house! I had a sketch journal from high school and it was done in watercolors-but I drove my wonderful teacher crazy. (who was an artist in her own right)
I painted my horses every color under the sun. She asked me one time IF I had ever seen a blue horse before and I told her yes - They were one of my favorite colors! :)
So , keep on having fun and expressing yourself and letting your spirit soar!
Ooooo such a pretty and relaxing scene you created. I can see why you enjoy it so. Looking forward to seeing your next piece.
Your talent knows no bounds!! I really like the lighthouse. Can't wait to see what you create next.
the lighthouse is wonderful.....you are going to have so much fun doing all kinds of paintings and drawings....it is fun to branch out creativity wise....
I love the colors of the pencils...to me, it looks like magic...sigh.....
WOW Micki, that,s beautiful!!
Your talents know no bounds Micki.
Lovely picture.
I think I would have dreamt of that box of pencils when I was a young girl. Amazing.
BEAUTIFUL! You are so talented!
Oh my, I love those pencils!!!! Wow, three rows of them.....woooey..... I am having serious artist envy!!!!
Ha ha.... I love your artwork......beautiful!
Hugs,
Margaret B
That is a great painting. I must try the Inktense, I have heard such good things about them.
Oh Micki,
This is so exciting. I love your drawings.
Those pencils are very "colorful"
Have fun.
Post a Comment