Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sunset Watercolour


I spent a very quiet day with JOE. After our morning walk, we had lunch and then Joe took a nap. I did a watercolour and finished it by the time that Joe got up. It was fun to do and very relaxing! We then went to feed Coco the horse ,and we are now home watching tv. Joe is going to watch the World Cup, and tonight is the game where United States goes against England....Go USA!

Oh...that four leaf clover brought us some more luck. Joe won 30 euro in the lottery. Very Cool!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Very lovely art work Micki!
Yes, the Cup...the biggest thing to hit us this year...I'm sure that Joe is glued to the tv getting all the games...
My girlfriend picked France as they have the best sweaters! I like Brazil, but oh that yellow is just too bright don't you think?

Soggibottom said...

Must be a very tense time for you both as you sit on the settee :-)
Love your art work Micki. x x x

Unknown said...

Hi Micki!

Your watercolor is simply beautiful! You are so talented! Yes GO USA!!! lol...

hugz, Pam

Gene Black said...

sounds like a perfect, peaceful day!

Barb said...

What a lovely water color, you certainly are talented...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Beautiful picture!

And you two must be the luckiest people on the planet. You are always winning something! Great! ,-)

Maggey and Jim said...

Way to go, Joe.. Water color is so soothing.. Love how the sun reflects in the waters.
Maggey

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Well done Joe!!! And Micki what a lovely watercolour you have done...just great, Dzintra♥x

The Old White Barn said...

I'm so enjoying your art work - just beautiful. I could feel the calmness in this one.

Sounds like you had a lovely day!
Susan

Zlaty said...

You are very talanted Micki! I love the sunset! Did you draw it by memory? I agree .... go USA! :)

Have great the rest of the weekend!

Greg said...

Thats a very nice picture. I'm not much of a soccer fan so I'll say Go whoever wins!!! That way I'm not disappointed.

marina said...

Lovely watercolour Micki.

Daffycat said...

What a beautiful painting, Micki!

DH took off early at work so we could watch the match. I thought the USA did very well against the better favored team!

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Beautiful painting Micki. You are so talented. We tied for the World Cup but over here in the USA they are talking as though we won.

Carrie said...

Love the watercolor! Can't wait to see more of your art work. Your day sounds wonderful...so relaxing.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

I love your painting, Micki. You are very talented.

Chris H said...

Lovely painting Micki!
Quiet days are nice.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful painting. Congratulations to Joe for his lucky win!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

webbsway said...

O Micki

Your watercolor is so beautiful. I can feel the tranquility that you have captured.

Remember the saying, Good things come to those that wait? I think you both deserve that reward.

Much love and happiness to both of you. :)

Clara said...

I can't believe you're so talented! The watercolour is lovely and gives a sense of peace.
Take care and enjoy your week.
P.S.: let me tell "go Italy" for this evening match!

Cobblestone Creations said...

What a relaxing scene ~ thanks for the mini-vacation!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a great painting! Love how you got the sun set into the water and seeing the water move. Incredible!
Lucky Joe (O:

Anonymous said...

Lovely piece of art work Micki. I hope that Joe was happy with the result. I should be supporting England i know but I do like the Italian eye candy.

Heckety said...

What a lovely painting- you do so many things so well! Its nice to have a relaxing day with no alarms or excursions- I think the World Cup is going to be about the only topic of conversation anywhere for the next month!
I hope the economy of SA does well out of all the visitors and publicity too!