Well, I am going to talk about one of my favorite topics...good food. Irish food is so tasty! When we were camping around the Wicklow Mountains, we stayed at a B&B where I had a wonderful Irish breakfast. It was huge! Usually, you get eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, mushroom,and my favorite pudding. Pudding comes in the white or black variety. The black type is actually made from pig's blood, and I won't go into all of its ingredients, but you can look at the breakfast that I am talking about at www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mostof_blackpudding.shtml . I have also learned to love shepherd's pie and especially love steak and kidney pie. I usually eat only fish and vegetables and fruit, and usually order chicken when I am out, but every once in a while, I will order a good Irish meal, and then even though I thoroughly enjoy it, my body rebels later.It is used to getting healthy food. Then of course, there is Irish Dublin Coddle...very delicious. Here is a good recipe for it at the following site, and on a winter's day, it is perfect. Here it is at
www.foodireland.com/recipes/meat/Dublin_Coddle.htm There is nothing like sitting comfortably in an Irish pub and having a good Irish meal. Generally, the pubs will give you at least 5 choices for dinner. Anyway, I have loved discovering Irish food...Now, as far as Guinness, that is an acquired taste...You will either love it or hate it. LOL
1 comment:
Micki, I am so enjoying your blog, with all the variety of topics you write about! You must mention irish soda bread! my favourite with veg soup, I fist tasted it on day of the Irish grand National in 1998! love Kath
Post a Comment