Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Meeting My Soulmate

I had to tell the story about how I met my soulmate Joe. I was teaching in Camden, NJ at Morgan Village Middle School. It was near the end of the school year, and the students were getting antsy to say the least. I was an English teacher, and well, kids generally didn't like English, but especially did not like writing assignments. I came up with a creative idea....writing pen pals. I found an international organization that allowed the students to choose the country that they wanted to write to. They insisted that I do it too, and I said that I would. Well, that night, I picked Ireland. I told my best girlfriend that I would write the person once and once only, as I had promised my students. Well, Joe by coincidence had applied to that pen pal agency a long time ago and happened to go to the site after not being there for years. He then saw my letter and decided to write me. Well, we wrote thousands of emails to each other, and then one day, just before New Year's Day, Joe called me, and I heard his voice for the first time. I was falling in love, as hard as it may be to believe that. Then Joe came to Philadelphia, and soon afterwards we were married. I left my job, and everyone at my school thought it a fairy tale story. That was 12 years ago. It was destiny that we met.

No comments: