Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Postcard Pizzazz Yahoo Group
I have become very involved with the Postcard Pizzazz Yahoo Group. I met some great people there like Kath, Janet, and KR, and many others. We are swapping fabric postcards, and it really is a blast. It is so much fun receiving the postcards in the mail. My first one came from Kath Lordan, and it was so cute. It had a dog theme, and it was so cleverly done. I sent her the first postcard that I ever made...a postcard with heather on it, which of course is very common here in Ireland. I machine embroidered the heather, and I was so pleased with it, as it was the very first card that I made. Now, I have a few under my belt. I have made one for Susan for a 1 to 1 swap, which was an embroiderd daffodil, and I have just finished another postcard for Kath, which was for a dragonfly theme. I fussy cut some flowers and satin stitched them and then did a hand applique of the dragonfly. I am making a dragonfly card for Janet too. Oh yes, Janet Mcelroy is the one who introduced me to making a blog, and she and I are becoming friends. I have made a fish postcard which I called "Fishy Sea" and sent it to a very good friend in British Colombia called Snowie, and I machine embroidered the fish using several colours of thread but predominantly a fluorescent yellow embroidery thread which made the fish pop. I machine quilted the sea, and it looked like waves were moving, and she should be getting that one next week. I ordered a Post Card stamp from Inkspirations, and love using all kinds of embellishment on the cards. I ordered some plastic sleeves for the cards and an album for the cards. Boy, I can see that I am really getting myself into all of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Micki, You made it. Well done. It is brilliant. Crumbs you put my ramblings to shame. I waffle on and on but yours is good info. Love it. Keep it up. Have added you to my favourites.
Post a Comment