Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Jeri in Fla.
Jeri is a friend of mine who lives in Florida. She is a wonderful machine embroiderer extroadinaire. We are kindred spirits in many ways, and I just had to write about how much she means to me. She has become a baby sis to me, and we are so close. She is a teacher like I was, but whereas I was an English teacher, she is a music teacher and is very dedicated to her music and her teaching. Music is basically her life, but her family is very important to her. I used to live in Florida, and boy is it hot there, and as I am frequently told by my friend, it is still boiling hot there. I don't think that I could hack living there anymore, as here in Dunfanaghy, we think that when it gets up to the 70's, it is very hot. It is all relative, I guess. She calls me Mickilene, and she is the only person in the world who calls me that. My parents called me Annie, as my first name is Anne. Ok, I will have to say that I started to use Micki when I was 16 years old, as I loved Mickey Mouse...part of it was to be a bit rebellious, I have to admit, and the name has stuck with me. Jeri, you are very special, and so gator, I had to write about you, as this is the first day of my new blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I read this part after I left a message. I thought I had read all of your blog. Thank you for the kind words. You are my sis for sure! The blog is great. I'm honored to be a part of it. Erin go bragh! Jeri
Post a Comment