Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blogging Friends Forever Award


I woke up this morning to a wonderful email from Anna in BC, who gave me the Blogging Friends Forever Award. Anna. I want to thank you right back for a wonderful friendship that we have developed through our letters to each other. You can visit Anna's blog and share her wonderful journey at http://quiltmomsjourney.blogspot.com/ . I really needed that, as it has been a bit of a difficult week, and it was very welcoming to see a friend think of me with such kindness. I also went to Pam's Pages at http://pamcave.blogspot.com/, and I found out that she gave me that award too, and even though I thanked her on her blog, I wanted to tell her again how grateful I was that she included me on her list. I didn't know at the time that I was supposed to paste it on my blog, but finally figured it out with Anna's email. I guess that I am a newbie to all of this stuff. Thanks again Pam!

I began my blogging journey not too long ago, and used to just lurk and read other people's blogs. I found out from Anna's post that Kim at http://kimsbigquiltingadventure.blogspot.com/ seemed to have coined the expression "AFWAB", which means " a friend without a blog." I never knew I was an AFWAB.LOL I will have to visit Kim's blog today.

When someone like Anna sends so much love out, I can only do one thing and send it back to some of my blogging friends. I have met so many wonderful and talented people through my blog, who have shared my life with me by reading my posts and responding so kindly to them.

I am giving the Blogging Friends Forever Award to the following people:

1. Kath at http://www.railwaycottage.blogspot.com/ . What can I say about my friend Kath? I have dubbed her the Elfin princess, and she is eclectic like myself, as she does tons of creative things like art, doll making, fabric postcards, etc. She is lovely both outside and inside. I like to picture her doing her crafts with her dogs lying beside her, the music in the background, and a big smile on her face.

2.Dzintra at http://dzintrastitcheries.blogspot.com/ is a marvelous stitcher who enjoys walking on the beach with her husband. She is definitely a romantic at heart. She lives in Australia, and she is recuperating after surgery...thus the name Queen of the Armchair. She is a real trooper and has a heart of gold!

3.Katherine at http://quiltergoingbananas.blogspot.com/ is a great quilter who is "going bananas" trying to finish all of her UFO's....Aren't we all? She is a lovely, warm lady, and you definitely need to visit her blog and get to know her.

4..Maggi at http://todreamtostitch.blogspot.com/ is a textile artist, whom I am so glad to have gotten to know. She is always experimenting with her craft, and I love a person who has the courage to do that!

5.Carol at http://camah3.blogspot.com/ loves quilting, but very humorously says that her purpose in life is to buy more and more fabric. Don't we all love doing that? I thank her for her constant encouragement!

6. Phyllis at http://spinknitandlife.blogspot.com/ has been an avid follower of my blog, and I thank her immensely for that! She spins and knits beautifully! Someone who read my post yesterday about my starting to knit suggested that I also spin. Well, I doubt if I ever will do that...God knows I do so much now...but even if I ever did, which I won't...LOL...I could never do it as splendidly as Phyllis does. Her yarn is wonderful!


7. Nicola at http://clasheen.wordpress.com/ is a "rural feltmaker", as she calls herself, who lives in Ireland also. She is passionate about feltmaking, and is always creating breathtaking jewelry, wearable art, and many other things that would inspire anybody. After going into machine felting, I luckily found her through Feltmakers of Ireland, and I throughly enjoy keeping up with her artistic pursuits.

8. Pam at http://pamcave.blogspot.com/ : well even though you already have an award, and gave one to me...I am sending you back one with much love and thanks. You are such a lovely person and talented quilter, so if you want some craic or fun as they say here in Ireland, visit Pam's blog.
9. Freda at http://fredashive.blogspot.com/ : I had to include Freda, as she was gracious enough to lead the Christmas House Block Exchange, and yes, Freda, I just got the blocks in the mail. I really thank you for taking this swap on and giving all of us such wonderful blocks. I will be making a lap quilt starting this week from all of the blocks, and it will be a wonderful memory for me. I will post it on my blog and tell you when it is there so you can see it. Thanks so much!
10. Anna: I am sending you back the award with love.

I could go on and on...I have met so many inspiring people through the blogging world.
Thank you all for sharing our obvious love for our crafts and most of all for the friendships that we have formed.

10 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thank you so very, very much Micki from my heart...and for your touching words...Lots of Hugs, Dzintra

Maggi said...

Micki, thanks so much for the award. I often feel quite isolated as working shifts gives little time for making new friends since I lost my husband five years after moving up here. You are so right the blogging and the communication it brings is a good thing, for me it helps to relieve some of the isolation.

Clothmatters said...

What a cute blog. I will certainly bookmark it so I can visit again.
Connie

Carol said...

Micki that is soooo sweet of you. Thank you so much. Now I will have to remember how to post that award on my blog. I am so dense sometimes.

Hugs to you.:)

Nanette Merrill said...

Fabulous! Thank you so much and I'm sooo happy you got your blocks.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Congratulations, I too am a new blogger and I just love reading everyone's blogs. I haven't figured out yet how to add my favorite blogs to my site but I will one of these days.
Carline

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki, I am thrilled to be included in the award, thanks a million! I am really enjoying our friendship too. X Nicola

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Micki,
I was very happy to give you the award- It has been fun to meet so many lovely quilters and bloggers-
You have shared it with so many other lovely bloggers and the quilting circle of friends we belong to becomes larger..Isn't
it fun-
Happy quilting to you,
Hugs,
Anna

Browndirtcottage said...

you have a lovely blog!

Pam said...

Hello from Seattle!!

It is so much fun to pass around award and get to meet new bloggers!!