I received a lovely fabric postcard from Maureen, who is in my Arts'n the Mail Group. It was for the "w" swap , and she made "w" represent "weaving", as you can see by the pic. I loved the colours that she used and the embellishments. Thanks so much!
As to my knitting, I am having a blast with it!! I am doing a wonderful long scarf using a beautiful wool and nylon yarn that I got, and it is going along so well. I am doing the ribbed stitch throughout the scarf...Knit 2 and Purl 2...The book Stitch 'N Bitch really is a great reference book, but I got a wonderful dvd in the mail that I have been using called "The Beginner's Guide to Knitting" by Nici McNally. It is awesome! Since I picked up the knit and purl stitch so well, and I have the speed and gauge right, I am moving on to the dreaded sock.LOL It was recommended by a friend that I get the dvds made by Nenah Galati whom you should check out at http://www.knittingkorner.com/ I am going to get the Sock 1 Kit which includes the dvd, yarn and turbo needles. I hear that it is a great dvd. Well, I am eager to learn how to make socks and hope that it is not too bad with the circular needles and Nenah's dvd.
This month, I am ordering Denise's Interchangeable Needle set at The Knitting Parlour in the UK which you can see at http://www.theknittingparlour.co.uk/ . I am getting it in pink and it gives you needles in sizes 3.75-10mm, which makes either circular or straight needles. Also, I have some crochet hooks to get, the Clover Knitting Kit, and some yarn.
I am known as the sock lady , as I am always wearing very unique socks...funny ones, like the ones I am wearing now, which have pink pigs on them, so I can't wait to knit my own socks! What can I say? Knitting is very addictive!
3 comments:
Micki,
Sounds like you are having lots of knitting fun.
I love hand knit socks...I have a few pairs from friends in South AFricA.... that were made for me..when we were there. Love then. Never tried to do them....I am battling with leg warmers for my grand daughter.I am knitting challenged. You must be so good that doily looks lovely.
So cool Micki, looking forward to hearing how you go with the heel...Dzintra
Post a Comment