Let me start off by saying that I did not make the conventional Christmas stocking colour.LOL I wanted a pink one on the one side, and made the usual colours on the back...thus two stockings in one. I have always wanted a pink stocking with Santa on it, and I went with Frosty the Snowman on the back. As you can see, the designs are all machine embroidered. There is also a machine embroidered poinsettia flower. I used Michael Miller Fairy Frost for the fabric...love that fabric!!!....and a white cotton fabric for the lining. The cuff is a pretty Christmas fabric that I found at the quilt shop.
My next two stockings will be for Joe and the two doggies. Joe wants a light blue on one side, a medium blue on the back, and Frosty the Snowman for the front and the back. I found a really cute Mr. and Mrs. Frosty for the front, and will use something adorable for the back. The boys are getting some dogs in Santa hats for their designs....They haven't told me the colours that they want....they better make their minds up soon , or I will be picking them.
My next two stockings will be for Joe and the two doggies. Joe wants a light blue on one side, a medium blue on the back, and Frosty the Snowman for the front and the back. I found a really cute Mr. and Mrs. Frosty for the front, and will use something adorable for the back. The boys are getting some dogs in Santa hats for their designs....They haven't told me the colours that they want....they better make their minds up soon , or I will be picking them.
Well, my stocking is hanging, as you can see, on our fireplace, with two more soon to come...a wee bit of Christmas spirit is always nice. Joe and I will be making a visit soon to the big Christmas Shoppe in Letterkenny to buy a tree and some decorations. Now, that will be fun!
5 comments:
The Christmas stocking is great. Hope you get it filled with lots of goodies
Good on you for finishing ... mine is still going, I better move it!!! Dzintra
Your stocking is adorable. And how clever of you to make two in one.
Love it and lov ethe unconventional color. Pink is great.
Love the pink Stocking!! I think I have some of that fabric :)) Great colour for a Christmas stocking. I am sure Santa won't miss it.
Post a Comment